Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I got the same email, ordered the Saturday night after his debut. The demand must really be through the roof, if they had to double staff and equipment. Then again Punk was gone for 7 years, and his comeback t-shirt design was obviously bound to create some level of demand, but not to the level that PWT and Global Shop AEW would crash/be out of action.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,601 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Good card for tonight.

The Elite vs. Lucha Brothers and Jurassic Express Brian Cage vs. Powerhouse Hobbs with Hook

Orange Cassidy vs. Jack Evans with Matt Hardy

FTR with Tully Blanchard vs. Santana and Ortiz

Jim Ross in-ring interview with Chris Jericho

Tony Schiavone sits down with MJF

Tay Conti vs. Penelope Ford

CM Punk appearance

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Punk appearance needs to be decent.

I'd have Punk open and close the show the same for Rampage on Friday.

I might even have him tease Danielson, Bray or Cole for an appearance on Rampage.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Nah he needs to have a confrontation with Allin and focus on him, no teases or anything

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭ThePott

I would love a Punk/Darby face off with Punk playing the hits like he has been and for Darby to throw it back in his face and show a bit of edge and lay him out.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

My last order took a month approx, that was kast Jan. Ironically it was for a CM Punk shirt when the proceeds were going to Brodie Lees estate.

Im ok waiting a month or so. Once its shipped.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

And my Punk shirt (and my MJF shirt) have been shipped. 21 days time I should have mine.

The match I was looking forward to most FFS.

God Damn I love tag team wrestling and that’s how to open a show.

• Advertisement

2.0 since they came really are having a rocket strapped to them and Garica has it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Unbelievable spot for 2.0 and Garcia. First physical interaction (publicly) with Punk in seven years.

MJF is a really great promo, tired as I am of he v Jericho.

Eddie is such a great promo I want to see go after Miro's neck.

Also I think it's great to see a match actually end during a break it makes what might happen on a show less predictable

JR getting so many names wrong again tonight and now calling Paul Wight The Big Show.

No Adam Cole announcement however that tease pretty much say he is joining.

Anna Jay is back.

A 90 minute Rampage on Friday night starts during Smackdown.

Looks like PAC is stuck in the UK again.

The American Dragon? Adam Cole? Buddy Matthews?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Yes Eddie is a great promo and I totally want to see Eddie go after Miro’s neck

I am, I’m totally fine with a midcard match like that ending during a break be it on purpose or botch and returning from a break to an angle happening it gets me intrigued with what’s happening as it wasn’t something I was expecting.

I was also hoping the longer FTR vs P&P went that it would end in a time limit draw.

Different ideas to matches is a nice change.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,076 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Meant to go back and check but did it show a replay of how the match ended?

I was so close with my Anna Jay return suggestion. 🙂 When the beat down started I expected her. But am I the only one that always expects people returning for a save to turn on the person they're saving?

Oh and Gunn Club turned heel, in case anyone cares. Though it's funny they turned against Paul Wight of all people.

I do like that faces actually come to each other's aid in this. Like Jungle Express coming to help OC and then everyone coming to help at the end. In other places you start to wonder if a person is such a face why does no one help.

I was half expecting Anna to turn on Tay as well. Good to see her back I didn't think she was due back this soon. On a side note, Tay's pump kicks look like they hurt.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,282 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

God dammit PAC

This isnt his first time and I'm not trying to lay all the blame to him but he must know this is on the cards/possibility and why not stay in the USA at least until the PPV is done

Feck it, I was really looking forward to this match

• Registered Users Posts: 29,076 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Andrade still teasing a match even though the match has been replaced on the main card?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,004 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Tbf, I do think all the blame is on him. He wasn't there too long ago (Sydal vs Pac was taped the 20th I think), so he flew home since then and there was no way he was getting back at that point. Unless something happened that he had to return for, there was no way he should have gone back.

Loved that opening tag match. I wonder what the talent at NXT think when they look at 2.0 and then look and Vince and Bruce about to start running the show there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,407 ✭✭✭Riddle101

I have to say, Andrade looks badass in that suit and mask combination. It fits in perfectly with his Mexican and Lucha Libre background while also giving him a cool edgy look.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Speaking of looks, Hobbs in the Harlem Heat-esque gear looked like an absolute boss.

Advertisement