Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,170 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Straight from the Johnny Gargano I-don't-have-a-character-so-I'll-do-comicbook-cosplay school of wrestling.

Although at least Gargano's costumes look well made. Andrade's Black Mask get-up looks like he bought it from a Halloween shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I never really fancied Andrade as a character as I always thought he was doing play pretend even in WWE, but Gargano I would disagree on.

I think he has what it takes to go onto the main roster or AEW and be a main player. At the very least I think Johnny could carve out a Sami Zayn/KO type role on the main roster.

Credit where it's due, he has been good with The Way stuff. Acting like a overbearing Dad to Indie and Theory is funny.

But the Johnny Wrestling stuff was gack. The matches were good but "I wrestle very well" isn't a character.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Johnny was a white meat Babyface during that period, what was Michael's gimmick during the new era beyond I'm a cocky prick who thinks he's the best? It's the same gimmick and is always needed when it's the right person doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,601 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Punk on commentary for the Allin vs Garica match for Rampage.

2.0 to attack him at the commentary desk.

• Advertisement

Reports tonight saying the Andrade/PAC match is actually postponed for the same reason the Sasha/Belair's was.

So one one of them is an Anti Vaxxer and it's not Andrade it seems.

At least AEW announced the match off days before the PPV and not seconds before the match.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

FTR v P&P have so much more than that match in them. A clean finish for the babyfaces on TV is such a waste.

Whether in Ireland or the USA, the Massie brothers know how to conduct a good burial.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,781 ✭✭✭hynesie08

It means pac has the Rona, not that he's necessarily anti vax, can't fly on a positive test.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

True and as we're seeing more and more just because you've been vaccinated doesn't mean you can't pick up Covid.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Yeah, most likely scenario is that he has tested +. Vaccines are not a requirement to enter the USA right now.

They were obviously able to get him a National Interest Exemption to enter the USA earlier this year (though I suppose that may be a one-time-only deal, and it's hard to get a second).

Or perhaps it's nothing to do with customs, and AEW themselves have a workplace rule on vaccines that he's not obeying. Hard to imagine that's the case either.

My money's on a + test.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭ThePott

Was there ever any evidence though that Sasha had COVID?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭Monokne

Nia is dreadful. She is legitimately dangerous and what is worse is she doesn't seem to try and learn from it. So much of her errors have been avoidable and totally reckless like the punch on Becky, the times she dropped Charlotte on her head or the injury to Bayley. I can't watch her matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,282 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

More than likely P&P are being setup for a Tag Team Championship match at Arthur Ashe and it was right for them to win.

Personally this match was so so good, this is why I love tag team wrestling

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Thought that was a really good Dynamite, loved the opening and closing tag matches, Santana and Ortiz are so good. I liked the FTR tribute to Bobby Eaton.

All the video packages were excellent, AEW always do a good job with them before the PPV's. Love Miro! The Gunn Clun turn was interesting, they have been teasing a change of attitude recently on Dark and Elevation. Really liked the Punk/Darby segment, and as already said a great spot for 2.0 and Garcia. Just another very enjoyable episode of pro-wrestling from AEW!

Fairly buzzing for All Out now, in particular Darby/Punk, the cage match, Eddie/Miro and Kojima/Mox.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,953 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Enjoyed Dynamite. Opening tag was fantastic. Darby / Punk / Sting segment was fun, enjoyed Jerichos promo too. The benefits of having a hot crowd cannot be understated, something as silly as Orange Cassidy and MJF trading belly to back holds was made infinitely better by the crowd popping.

Have bought the PPV for Sunday which is something I've never ever done for wrestling but I'm happy to support the promotion. Won't get to watch live but will stay away from this thread until I catch up on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,282 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I still can’t get around how good have 2point0 been. It’s superb business by TK and to pair them with their son Garcia stroke of genius

Not every signing can be big but every roster should need a team like 2point0.

I love 2Point0 promo about CM Punk not getting to the PPV and next thing we know Punk gets attacked in the ring and eventually Punk GTS on Jeff Lee.

Its exactly how 2point0 should be used

Tony Khan has confirmed that AEW Dark will be a studio based now and taped at Universal Studios in Orlando.

Dark Elevation will continue to be taped weekly at the Dynamite shows.

I love that it's in Universal, AEW's place as the spiritual successor to WCW in pro-wrestling is now cemented!

Worldwide was a really good studio wrestling show, had some proper hidden gems on it.

People with zero knowledge about pro-wrestling in the audience being treated to matches like Randy Savage/Ultimo Dragon, Madusa/Akira Hokuto and the Steiners/Harlem Heat. Hopefully Dark has the same vibe!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

A great bounce back episode this week for Dynamite. The opener and main event were quality - I could watch Rey Fenix wrestle all day. Would love to see Lucha Bros win the titles at All Out - The Elite definitely needs taking down a peg or two... And it will happen, just a matter of when they start the ball rolling on their demise.

Great to see the crowd get so into Tay Conti v Penelope... a hot crowd makes such a difference. I too thought Anna Jay would turn. No need for it in that spot though... if that's the plan, leave it simmer. The Darby - Punk standoff was exactly what was needed in that story, although I'm not sure Sting's monologue added anything?

I could do without the Paul Wight stuff, but it's not terrible either. I didn't see the Gunn Club turn coming at all, so a nice twist there although I'm not invested in them so minimal impact for me. At least it keeps guys I'm not keen on in one segment. And I get why they want to feature Wight too... He has mass appeal and will attract viewers.

I will order a wrestling PPV for the first time in many years this weekend. AEW is putting out an excellent product and I'm happy to support.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Wish All Out was on Saturday, would have purchased then. Will watch on Monday night but unlikely to pay full whack for an event that's already happened.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

I'm going to buy it but torn between watching it live or watching it on Monday and trying to avoid spoilers. Start a new job Monday but might watch the start of it anyway and pick up the rest either before or after work.

It was great when they had their PPVs on a Saturday. Wonder why they changed it?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,944 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I've taken Monday (may as well use some of my Al 😂) so gonna try stay up for it. I presume punk vs Darby going on last?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭ThePott

I think the idea going forward is that they alternate between Saturdays and Sundays but I agree, I miss Saturday PPVs.

For this one I won't be able to watch till Monday evening so pretty much going to have to go off the grid for a day haha.

Same as, I reckon I'll still fall asleep though!

I'd say Punk/Darby mains too, usually I like to see the world championship match in the main but this is bigger than Omega/Christian 2!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Its worth staying up for..... can't wait. Worth being wrecked on a Monday.

I was reading if All Out pulls 200k to 250k PPV buys it will it cover Punk's AEW deal.

The biggest buy for an AEW PPV was Revolution in March with 135k buys,

Yeah and Ronaldo shirt sales have already covered Man United's outlay on him 🙄.

Coulson, if you're not being paid by Tony Khan already, you really need to get a hold of him. You're doing yourself a disservice with all this free PR.

I'm looking forward to Punk getting a bit of bite to him. I'm already bored of his "Golly, it's so great to back you guys!" stuff. Punk is at his best when he is moaning and angry. I actually think Cody would be a great foil for him. Punk vs The company man with a veneer of greasiness to him.

It would be some achievement to get 200k buys in the US that would be €10m and if they get 250k that would bring it up to $12m so that would probably cover the cost of both Punk and Danielsons contracts alright. I remember Bischoff saying Hogans first WCW PPV against Flair paid his whole original contract from the buy alone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

They do PPV on Sundays when it's a bank holiday here and on Satrudays on the normal weekends. FITE TVs VPN detection game has been upped so I can't get it for 20 quid. Will chance a DNS change or else I'll have to sign up to Bleacher report and pay 50 quid. Bastards.

Advertisement