Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,084 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Is that Fyter Fest the next AEW PPV, like Double or Nothing? Or is it something else?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Is that Fyter Fest the next AEW PPV, like Double or Nothing? Or is it something else?

No, All Out is the next one of those. It's more like Fight for the Fallen. Essentially a broadcast live event with a good card.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

CastorTroy wrote: »

Fyter Fest, i think Kenny Omega was involved in setting this up. Its a mish mash of wrestling and video gaming, as is my understanding, from listening to Conrad's descripions on his podcasts

• Registered Users Posts: 8,878 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Fyter Fest, i think Kenny Omega was involved in setting this up. Its a mish mash of wrestling and video gaming, as is my understanding, from listening to Conrad's descripions on his podcasts

More or less it's just this year they've stuck the AEW brand name on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,084 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

One thing like about WWE is you just have to watch it to follow things. Like will any feuds start or continue at this show? Like RoH/NJPW crossovers. I know it's a thing that's done for cross promotion, but can be tough to keep up with

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

Omega posted this on Twitter and then deleted it:

If lining your pockets with blood money is okay, then what’s wrong with trying to undermine a charity show for victims of gun violence? I hear that healthy competition is supposed to be a good thing and yet I can’t help but feel like I’m gonna be sick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

lawlolawl wrote: »
    Omega posted this on Twitter and then deleted it:

If lining your pockets with blood money is okay, then what’s wrong with trying to undermine a charity show for victims of gun violence? I hear that healthy competition is supposed to be a good thing and yet I can’t help but feel like I’m gonna be sick.
    How are WWE undermining a charity show though?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Autecher wrote: »
    How are WWE undermining a charity show though?

By airing an evolve show on the network the same day.

Loughc wrote: »
    By airing an evolve show on the network the same day.
    I meant the charity bit but I looked it up, some of the gate from the AEW show is going to victims of gun violence which is a very nice thing for Tony Khan to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,637 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

They also announced an NXT UK Takeover show for the same day as All Out.

It's just petty sh1t from the WWE.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

everyone wants competition this is what competition is putting stuff up against each other.

everyone wants a war between them now there getting it there complaining.

its barley competition honestly how many people watch evovle here and on the charity side the event is free in the states so there only way they would effect the charity side is by putting it in the same area which its not

Everybody doesn't want a war!

Some people just want an alternative!

Some people just want a company to get a chance to grow on it's own and get off the ground so they can enjoy something other than what Vince McMahon and HHH want to force down their throats week in week out.

sky88 wrote: »
    everyone wants competition this is what competition is putting stuff up against each other.

everyone wants a war between them now there getting it there complaining.

its barley competition honestly how many people watch evovle here and on the charity side the event is free in the states so there only way they would effect the charity side is by putting it in the same area which its not

WWE are loaning Adam Cole and Towzawa to Evolve for the event and are airing it the same say as a charity event that AEW are doing.

Classless stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

I meant the charity bit but I looked it up, some of the gate from the AEW show is going to victims of gun violence which is a very nice thing for Tony Khan to do.

All of the proceeds from the show is going to charity according to last night's aew video

raven136 wrote: »
    All of the proceeds from the show is going to charity according to last night's aew video
    Damn, I know Khan is a billionaire but there is still no need for him to agree to do that. A very sound gesture.

lawlolawl wrote: »
    WWE are loaning Adam Cole and Towzawa to Evolve for the event and are airing it the same say as a charity event that AEW are doing.

Classless stuff.

Yeah because it's not like WWE haven't let guys that work for them go and do shows with smaller promotions before, especially someone like Evolve who they have a working partnership with.

And I'm sure they could have sent much better and bigger named guys to Evolve like Gargano, Ricochet, Daniel Bryan etc instead of Tozawa.

Damn, I know Khan is a billionaire but there is still no need for him to agree to do that. A very sound gesture.

Philanthropy is the future of marketing.

Yeah because it's not like WWE haven't let guys that work for them go and do shows with smaller promotions before, especially someone like Evolve who they have a working partnership with.

And I'm sure they could have sent much better and bigger named guys to Evolve like Gargano, Ricochet, Daniel Bryan etc instead of Tozawa.

Yeah, I'm sure they would have loaned those guys out and put the show on the Network if it was any other night of the year other than the same night as an AEW show.

Doesn't really matter because the AEW show will do better anyway because people don't give two ****s about any tired ass WWE nonsense or anything adjacent to it any more.

They'll be lucky to get a smattering of people to watch this event because of how toxic anything associated to them is now.

Philanthropy is the future of marketing.
    Haha! The thing about Steph saying that is that it is true, to an extent at least, but it's nothing new. WWE do a huge amount of charity work & give lots of donations but it's for PR as much as anything else. Most big corporations do for the same reasons. It was silly of her to say it publicly but as long as the charities/people are getting what they need then long may it last I say.

Haha! The thing about Steph saying that is that it is true, to an extent at least, but it's nothing new. WWE do a huge amount of charity work & give lots of donations but it's for PR as much as anything else. Most big corporations do for the same reasons. It was silly of her to say it publicly but as long as the charities/people are getting what they need then long may it last I say.

we all laugh at steph saying it but its what all big companies do know get big publicity and realistic doesnt cost them much but if its going to charity as you said keep it coming

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

I thiught ahe retweeted a tweet tgat said it, instead of actually saging it herself?

Dasha Fuentes seems to now be working with AEW she appeared a Fyter fest at the timekeepers position with Justin Roberts.

A really enjoyable night of wrestling and Omega and Moxley continue to build.

JR is also starting to get back into the swing of things a little bit.

Except for the idiotic chair shot to the head spot.

Ye that chair shot wasn't a perfect 10 in any way shape or form.

Good show

Actually thought tag match on the pre show was best match of the night private party stole that. the less said about the rest of the pre show the better horrendous stuff.

Really impressed with Private Party, never heard of them before but got a somewhat Street Profit vibe off them but a really more athletic tag team. If they can get over with the casual TV audience they'll go very far. Impressed with Nyla Rose too, physically imposing but can actually wrestle.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,938 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I see since Klondike bill died the art of gimmicking a chair has been lost. I watched the young bucks talking about it they come across as smart asses

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Except for the idiotic chair shot to the head spot.
    Ye that chair shot wasn't a perfect 10 in any way shape or form.

Yeah, there was no need for that chair shot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,174 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I'm all for head chairshots. Sick of the belly poke/back slap combo.

Just get your hand up, no need to take it flush.

Advertisement