Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,003 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Could be Tanahashi too. I'd rather him than Wyatt.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

He's poached Johnny Ace for talent relations.

Ban him, ban him quick for speaking this evil.

Loved the massive pop for Cole's entrance on Wednesday!

Think it might be one of AEW's best themes so far as well.

That crowd were on fire to be fair. One of the loudest ever for AEW or as much as I've seen of AEW anyway (18 months or so maybe). Right up there with the Chicago crowd for Punk's comeback.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,598 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Added to Grand Slam Rampage

Anna Jay vs Penelope Ford

Lights Out Match Mox & Eddie vs Archer & Suzuki

The Lucha Bros & P & P vs. Private Party & The Butcher & The Blade

A Sports business professor interviewed Meltzer has put a current market value of $400m on AEW.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

The Britt/Ruby segment on Rampage was great. It's an interesting one, does Ruby lose her first title shot and does Baker actually need the belt considering how over she is? I'd say champ retains, as long as the match delivers Ruby will be good.

Thought it was funny that the week it was reported that TK nixed the idea of a hair vs hair match between Britt and Rosa that we got a head shaving on the show!

Love that Mox & Eddie vs Suzuki-gun is lights out, should be some ultra-violence!

The 6 matches that they have in 2 hours is going to be interesting. Jay Vs Ford should be short enough I'd say, that 4 v 4 won't be long either, and can't imagine we have any promo segments but Punk Vs Hobbs, Mox/Kingston Vs Archer/Suzuki and Cole/Bucks Vs Christian/JE are all matches that should get decent time. Jericho then generally has long matches even if it's unnecessary so be interesting how they time this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

“He has been very fair recently with the stuff he said and I think that’s great.

I really admire him and have looked up to him since I was a small kid.”

Tony Khan on....

Jim Cornette?! 🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

AEW to partner with the Owen Hart Foundation to honour Owen's legacy in wrestling, including the launch of the annual Owen Hart Cup tournament. Also more merchandise to be launched etc.

Classy stuff as always from TK and the crew, looking forward to this. Maybe partner with New Japan to open people's eyes to the great work Owen was involved in outside of WWE.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,871 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Gonna be in their up coming video game and other merchandise as well as a tournament honouring Owen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

This is really interesting. The Owen Cup will be a great way to get some of the up and coming guys over and we'll also get merch and Owen in the video game. Knocking it out of the park this week!

• Registered Users Posts: 54,275 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Damn it I was just about to post that

Shakes fist at Johnny

Absolute delighted to see it for one of my favorite wrestlers ever

It's great that he's being remembered in a way that his family are happy with. I'd imagine annoying WWE will be an added bonus for everyone concerned.

That's pretty amazing that Martha Hart trusts Tony Khan and his team to use Owen's name in a wrestling capacity after all these years and struggles fighting the WWE.

As Marta said in her statement this is the families gift to the wrestling fans for remembering him.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,385 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

AEW has announced a new working relationship with The Owen Hart Foundation to honor the legacy of the late wrestler.

The partnership will include the annual Owen Hart Cup Tournament in AEW. The winner of the tournament will receive a Cup known as “The Owen.”

AEW will also produce and distribute unique & original Owen merchandise, which includes Owen being featured in the upcoming AEW console video game. Merchandise to be released includes action figures, apparel, posters, and collectable items.

(VINCE MUST BE RAGING)

That's brilliant news!

I'm not even a big fan of him signing but Kevin Owens winning the tournament (in Canada to make it even better) writes itself. That would be an amazing moment.

Be interesting to see what the tournament is like. I'm assuming they'll run it around the anniversary of his death too. Double or Nothing has been placed around that date too so would be awarded on PPV if they went with that date.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

A tournament is needed badly for AEW. They have some serious talent and can draw up some dream match ups along the way.

I loved Owen Hart as a kid. He was the kind of heel I wanted to win. Great to see him being honoured.

Ricky Starks is replacing Mark Henry on commentary for Rampage permanently.

I think Henry just is confident enough for live commentary however I think he would be ok with pre recorded stuff.

The Owen Hart trophy needs to be a play on his Slammy Awards.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,275 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I cannot bloody wait for Dynamite

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

This could be AEW's equivalent to the G1 Tournament that New Japan have every year. If that's the route they choose to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,070 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Is Rampage starting an hour earlier or running an hour later this Friday? Just thinking it'll overlap with Smackdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,385 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is Tyson Kidd retired in ring? Any Hartes or connected that could go to AEW to enter?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭Monokne

Advertisement