Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

What a set up. How no one ever thought to use It tennis stadium before is crazy. Atmosphere is insane, Adam Cole chants all evening!

Britt Vs Ruby is the main event supposedly, mentioned on the pre show.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Tonight really feels like the most important show in AEW history - dare I even say, more important than the original All-In ppv. Until now it's been a project keenly followed by fairly committed wrestling fans.

But the card, the venue, the buzz, this is a break-out moment. This is where the wider public tune in, and stay tuned in.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

One of the best tv matches Ive ever seen.

Ever.

No matter how good the rest of the show is , its all downhill after that instant classic.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

That was incredible. I felt they'd go for a draw, and commentary made a point of saying it was gonna be 30 mins, so that confirmed it for me.

But wow. What a match. Sore bodies tomorrow.

That honestly felt like the fastest 30 minute match ever! Didn't drag for a second. Brilliant!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,182 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Class bout but I grimaced every time Danielson took a neck bump. I know he's on top of it but **** me it's scary to watch which I guess is the intention.

And the Elite continue just to be such easy to hate **** would that post match cheap shot.

Cody and Brandi getting booed. Love it!!

Yea, major boos for Cody and they're shouting Malachai's name now. I dunno if anyone in the ring was expecting it.

• Advertisement

That wasn't exactly a showcase. Not a night for scrappy mistakes when Omega and Danielson are putting on a masterclass. Arn falling off the apron looks like an accident. There's been some talk of a double turn but I dunno if that's happening. Certainly seeing some heel stuff from Cody though, Brandi too, but I dunno does a face turn work for Black, we'll have to see how he's received outside of NYC.

This tag match is art.

Jesus Sting was moving great for a 60+ year old.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Great ending to that with the coffin drop

Pretty awkward time for a sneak preview of a guy's reality show, when's just been booed out of the building.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Britt's entrance is class, that pyro works so well with the music.

Decent match to finish it all off, Ruby looked strong and Britt was great as always. Outside shenanigans were always gonna happen, but hopefully, this lets Ruby head down the card and start working on rankings and bring on Britt and Thunder Rosa!

Pretty enjoyable night it must be said, really looking forward to Friday.

I've spent the last 20 mins gossiping on the Sleep Facebook group about the dude on his phone in the front row wearing a Sleep t-shirt :D (they're a doom metal band of some repute in case you're wondering :) )

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Well that Omega vs Danielson match was sensational

And the rest of the show was great too , I absolutely love this company

Great show. I think I might have had Ruby win though for a feel good moment to end the show, not every title reign has to be 200+ days but it's a small nitpick. Thunder Rosa against whoever has the title is what I want to see anyway.

Now to try dodge Rampage spoilers till I can watch on Saturday!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Just back in from the show and off to spend the night in a punk bar 😅 all I'll say is Rampage is amazing. Avoid the spoilers if you can at all!

• Advertisement

That was an amazing two hours of pro wrestling, I already see some people online trying to pick faults in it, anyone trying to find tiny faults in shows like that need to follow Punk's advice and F off and watch something else.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Man oh man.

I think it was obvious they were going the time limit draw route right from the off. The pacing made it clear.

but still, what a match. And it really feels they didn’t even give it their all either, in terms of moveset, spots and finishes. They easily have an even better match still in their lockers, which is a scary thought. Really awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,598 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Really happy with a time limit draw as I said yesterday that's what I wanted and wow what a time limit draw it was.

Tony Khan like a drug dealer with that match, You get the first one for free now you have to pay for it if you want it again.

Any of these guys going one on one Omega, Danielson, Hangman, Punk, Fenix, Cole, Miro, Black, Andrade, Pac so many potential great matches ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,275 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

My god that match Omega V Bryan, what a f-ing match. I just wanted this to go on all night. Bryan looks in terrific shape and must be the best shape I've ever seen him in.

Just 2 of the best in the world and they just brought the house down

• Registered Users Posts: 54,275 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I absolute adored all the boo's Cody got, he must of been shocked and delighted Black won

I felt Cody's entrance with his atire was very Homelander (ish) and I'm hoping he finally cops on goes heel, he's already getting booed, just embrace it

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Got my Punk shirt in the post this morning (I ordered the morning they went on sale). They’d put the value at 4 dollars, lol, so only a few quid customs.

Mind, not overly thrilled with the quality of the shirt, if I’m being brutally honest. The print is fine, the fit is fine, but it’s definitely just a $4 shirt with the stuff printed on. It’s massively lightweight, there’s a few loose threads round the seams, and there’s zero chance it will last as long as the one it’s based on (which I still wear regularly).

Its something that does frustrate me with PWTees . The quality varies so massively from order to order. Say what you will about WWE, their shirts tend to be ultra high quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,598 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Reports it will be a women's TBS title for when they move to TBS next year.

When did you order Lordie?

I ordered mine Sat after his debut, though I got a few shirts.

Tracking tells me it was processed by dublin postal facility on 21 sept

Also still buzzing after that match.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,182 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I like Cody but the match was comical. Brandi must of thought she was going to be cheered doing the cross legged pose and did the **** you as a last resort, which popped Black hard. It seemed like an unplanned moment.

Advertisement