Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,596 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Tony has gotten FTR a new theme song which sound very similar to The Midnight Express's.

I wonder wonder will all of Cornette's shilling get him a gig as manager of FTR down the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,275 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I see Bobby Fish v Sammy next week for the TNT Championship

Completely out of left field, I do like new faces coming and going though

• Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

I'm very worried where the heck they're going with this new FTR theme. The style of music suited the ME's gimmick, as 80s yuppie douche-bags.

FTR are Carolina boys who drive a bloody pickup truck into the arena.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

I think it's a semi rip off of the Midnight Express theme, which I'm sure FTR love.

I'm sure they do love it, but are they changing their gimmick?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,003 ✭✭✭✭titan18

They're defending against Laredo Kid and El Hijo del Vikingo soon so I assumed it was that.

For the ladder match next week, Tony is announcing the 6 entrants on Rampage bar 1 Joker spot. I'd be hoping that Joker spot is Hangman then but if not, hopefully another Forbidden door entry (White, Ospreay etc) would be great. Someone like that could conceivably win and face Omega at Full Gear if Hangman ain't coming back soon.

Be interesting to see who the 6 entrants are though. I'm guessing Orange Cassidy will be in it. Can't imagine Punk is in it and Jungle Boy, Christian and Bryan already have a match so they won't be. Looking at guys like Moxley, Fenix/Penta, Andrade, PAC, Dante Martin, Cage, Hobbs, MJF, Darby for the other spots I'd say.

MJF mentioning MLW in his promo and Bobby Fish on next weeks show, I wonder does that mean MLW are joining up.

Jacob Fatu, Hammerstone, Tom Lawlor, The Von Erichs, Tankman, Davy Richards a nice roster of talent there to add to the mix of Impact, AAA, NJPW & AEW.

Los Parks vs the Lucha Bros would be a huge deal in Mexico.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

TK has to give us matches with Richards against Danielson and Garcia if MLW are in the fold. Garcia/Richards faced each other on an indy show recently and it was as good as you'd imagine it would be, this would be a much bigger stage obviously! Would love to see it!

Great potential matches involving Fatu and the Von Erichs too. Would give MLW the shot in the arm they need to try and recapture some of their pre-pandemic momentum.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Hammerstone is a regular at the Defy shows here in Seattle and is such a nice guy, same with Tankman would love to see them get something bigger down the line for sure. Davey Richards was fantastic this weekend against Bandido at PWG.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

I watched it alright and there's a good bit of behind the scenes stuff.

Some of it's probably staged for the show but the behind the scenes stuff will definitely make me keep watching it.

Brandi said in a interview that she wants to return to the ring and win the womens title.

No thanks. I'm not even talking about going for the title but just wrestling in general. She's so bad. I think she's 38 now so I can't see her ever improving.

"Returning" to the ring implied she once had a meaningful presence there in...

ROH's women's champion Rok-C say she wants to take on someone from Impact and Britt Baker.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Enjoyable Rampage show overall. Bryan v Nick Jackson was great, bit surprised Jade got the win but they're clearly building her for a title shot. The Orange Cassidy match was grand, just something to send the fans home with a smile and another nice moment for Brodie Jr.

Jade Cargill going over Thunder Rosa.

What a **** joke.

AEW just lost most of the good will they've built up with me recently.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,944 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Yea i kinda felt Nyla should have taken the pin, then at least you could have built a storyline between Rosa/Jade

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

That's a fair point. I didn't have a particular issue with Jade winning if that's where they want to go in terms of Britt's next challenger but they could have protected Thunder Rosa better.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,944 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I wonder are they building Jade to be the first "TNT Womens Champ" that is rumoured? I have no issue with Jade winning either but as said above they should have had Nyla take the pin imo.

Ya, that was a bad choice. Jade Vs Britt will be a horrific match too. Britt isn't good enough to carry someone as green as Jade still is to a good match.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,070 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I think Jade should've hit her finisher at least. Pinning after the chair shots made it look worse.

So is there going to be a new TNT belt every time there's a new champion?

Nice to see Bryan still doing Miz's It kicks.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,169 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Is that her first time using a chair? It looked like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,187 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Negative one throwing the papers at Uno is an unlikely highlight of the year, he got him spot on. That kid will be awesome if he wants to continue in the business.

As for that triple threat on Rampage, disappointed myself that Thunder is losing such a match. They need to introduce that rumoured second title sharpish.

I thought the whole reason for the triple threat was that Nyla would take the pin for Rosa or Jade. Bizarre decision to have Jade pin Rosa.

I have to say outside of 2 minute squash matches (and even then she can look bad), Jade looks really green. She messes up simple moves. Her Vs Baker would have to be on a taped Rampage. No way they could do it live.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,187 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

The only sound reason I can think of is that Jade might be a short term feud for Britt. Rosa still has to be the one to beat her.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭ThePott

It was pretty dumb booking really from the looks of it but I'll hold my tongue and hope they prove me wrong.

Putting someone as green as Jade and giving her an undefeated streak is fine but they've sort of shot themselves in the foot with the whole, wins and losses matter thing because there's just no way you could keep her out of the title picture forever and give her a streak. The only way out of it was this triple threat and instead they pinned the person everyone wants to take the title from Britt eventually and now they're in a tough spot.

Do you give Jade's first loss to Britt (which she doesn't need) or do you put the belt on Jade (which she isn't ready for), it's an odd choice.

Unless they try some story where they introduce the secondary women's belt to keep them away from each other but even still, that seems like a dumb idea. Again though, I'll concede that AEW normally manages to avoid this sort of thing and I'll hope they know better and deliver something satisfying.

On a totally unrelated note, saw somebody, point out that the match graphic for Sammy vs Bobby Fish has Fish in a t-shirt with an AEW logo on it so could be a new signing for them. If so, I think that's a really pointless signing and a real jobs for the boys move.

Yeah no interest in Fish signing. Isn't he like 45 and it feels like he's been constantly injured for the last 5 years. Really not needed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭ThePott

Nearly 45, made of glass seemingly and hardly going to make an impact in the year 2021 as a singles wrestler if we're honest.

Advertisement