Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

I seriously don't think hangman is going over at Full Gear. Double or Nothing maybe. Let's see.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Loved Bryan vs Suzuki. Proper hard hitting match.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭jo187

Not sure if Tony Khan is playing up to it on Twitter but his coming across like his character on impact.

His recent comment "if Ted Turner knew 1 per cent about pro wrestling, wcw would still be in business" was stupid on so many levels.

WCW went out of business because Ted sold the company and the new owners didn't want wrestling on the network.

Ted not sitting around the house watching best of the super junior's tape and reading the wrestling observer, had nothing do with WCW downfall.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,169 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

He shouldn't be trying any character, he's awful at it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,070 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Now to wait for fan footage of the "Holy s#!t" move that Sammy did. From what AEW was showing at the time it seemed the fans were just chanting that due to Hager and dos Santos fighting on the outside.

Was trying to think who could come out to help Ruby. She might come out to help Kiera though I think Kiera is a heel.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,003 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Meltzer had a report out that his sources say people have told Vince McMahon “we beat Ted Turner and Ted Turner is smarter than Tony Khan”, so that's a direct response to that.

Really enjoyed that Rampage/Buy In. Danielson Vs Suzuki is a MOTY contender. All of the main Rampage was good but the Inner Circle Vs Page,Sky and JDS was very good I thought and the crowd were ridiculously into it which really helped.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Bryan v Suzuki was great. The two of them beating the tar out of each other was great fun. Punk v Sydal was grand. Punk is doing a convincing job of looking like he's been absolutely pushed to his limit in every match. Junior Dos Santos was..well..terrible at pro wrestling..but he was enjoying it at least.

Though that's the thing with the American Top Team guys it's a bit too obvious that they're all just there to have a bit of fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,596 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The Smiles on Suzuki and The American Dragon as the beat the living **** out of each other was fantastic. You could see Danielson saying to himself in his mind this is what I’ve wanted for the last 10 years.

Punk needs more matches against the likes of Sydal to get his match sharpness and cardio up before he gets to the top of the card.

Jericho no matter what anyone thinks of him is still over like rover with fans.

Talking about fans seeing live fans at events and having them enjoying a wrestling show adds so much to the product for the tv viewer.

Post edited by Agent Coulson on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Danielson/Suzuki was straight out of the G1, loved it!

Punk/Sydal was a very good tv match, and just the type of match Punk needs to get back into things. The promo video and commentary put their history together across really well, Sydal has been a real unsung part of AEW for me, so good in the ring.

Enjoyed the trios match too, thought JDS looked ok!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,187 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

That Suzuki shot....if Danielson wasn't knocked senseless for a moment then he's a great actor. It's both thrilling and scary to see some of the bumps he's been taking.

Tony Khan on Busted Open yesterday confirmed Lee Moriarty  as signed a full time contract.

That is now two of the best young talent in the world Garica & Moriarty signed up to long term deal this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Not at home tomorrow morning for Dynamite, and won't have a laptop, so am contemplating downloading the FITE TV to watch AEW on the phone? Is the app reliable?

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭orecir

The mma crossover is just silly and ridiculous.

Wrestling and mma should not mix.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Yep i use it every week it's very reliable. It really is a great service for less than a fiver a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,275 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Damn AEW are on fire with their entrances

Loving Lee's Moriarty entrance tune.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭Monokne

This is poorly thought out, badly written and most pertinently, it's not true.

Ted Turner did not sell the company. They merged with AOL. He was still an officer in the company albeit no longer the head honcho.

WCW was losing money hand over fist in 1999, 2000 & 2001. If that were not the case, and they were running a profitable business, they would not have been shut down.

The point Tony Khan is making is that he is better equipped to promote wrestling than Ted Turner or most of the people Turner put in charge of WCW were and because of that his company has a greater chance of success. Had Turner understood the industry at a similar level, perhaps WCW would not have been a money loser for almost the entirety of Turners ownership. This is why Khan cited his knowledge of the wrestling business v Turners.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,169 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Jericho dipping into the Steph insult bag for PVZ.

The American Dragon vs. Bobby Fish was a cracker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Page's promo. Out. of. the. park.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭jo187

Well I was just trying be condensed with my point. Ted was out on his ass after the merger and what ever power he had was gone. Well documented the merger was a murder for Ted's company. As often happens the bigger company took what it wanted and binned the rest.

WCW was getting ready to reboot with the big bang ppv, but with Ted out of the office WCW lost there Guardian Angel. Ted had always protected the company. Don't forget most of WCW's run was at a loss. Ted just had a soft spot for wrestling.

Ted was never involved in the creative in WCW. He gived the reins to Eric and Eric ran the company.

It's not really the same comparison between Tony and Ted in that way. Ted was in charge of many things and wouldn't have time to focus on the creative of one show. I very much doubt Eric was ringing up Ted Turner and telling him "I needed to get the U.S title off Booker T, got any ideas?".

The point reminds the same. If the merger hadn't happened, Ted would kept WCW around, as he was doing at the time. I know a lot about this time period and for the sake of avoiding a massive long post, like the one I have now, I just tried to make it shorter.

My main point was Tony come across as an ass with that comment, along with "if they want to go commercial free, I can do it longer as I have more money" comment too, his not coming across great at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,070 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Mox vs Danielson final? Unless they use the tournament to set up more feuds through interference. The bracket does seem pretty random when they have Dustin in there. Wouldn't it make more sense to have 2-9 of the rankings? OC, Mox and Archer are 2-4 then Miro is 5. I thought that's what Miro's promo was leading to.

Surprised they had Lucha Bros lose.

Wasn't there another woman with American Top Team originally? Trying to think who Inner Circle could recruit to take on Paige.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Danielson/Fish was so good, American Dragon has been on fire since his arrival. Super Kliq against Dark Order and Black/Martin were good too, interested to see what way Black/Cody III goes.

I think Mox is turning heel soon and maybe winning the tournament. He hit Page with the chair and was the last man standing with him before Hangman got the win in the ladder match! Page's promo was excellent too.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,275 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Can I say I absolutely adored Lucha brothers v FTR. everything about this was so so good

I admit I never copped it that was FTR initially, I loved the match and the segment after with MJF and Andrade.

God I loved this.

Imagine the most anti Lucha Team are the Triple AAA Tag Teams champs

I've seen some say Layla Hirsch would fit them but surely it would have to be Thunder Rosa? Rosa even seems to be buddies with Sammy so it's a no brainer and it would be the sort of rub Rosa absolutely deserves.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Yea overall another great weekend from aew. They need to pull the trigger on page at full gear and his promo was fantastic as you have everyone behind him and they've already omega beat him twice in the past year, if he loses again it would be a mistake. They have a month and two weekly shows to ramp up the build up which I have good faith in aew doing.

There is no reason to have Rhodes in the tournament imo. Bryan vs archer could be good tho, I'm guessing they were planting seeds for Cassidy and mox feud on rampage so maybe there could be some shennaigans.

It's such a pity that the Los Conquistadores name isn't a free agent generic name that can be used by any promotion as I would have popped huge of FTR came out in gold suits and masks last night.

Archer vs Kingston then The American Dragon vs Archer or Kingston got to love hard hitting wrestling.

I don't have an issue with the brackets, it's the right mix of lads there to do a valiant job against the right contenders.

• Advertisement

It should be Rosa. She can carry PVZ to a good match if needed and its a decent fit anyway.

Tournament bracket is a bit meh as we know looking at it, it's Danielson Vs Moxley in the final, and I'd imagine it's Moxley winning and turning heel through the matches. Only first round match that's debatable is Archer Vs Kingston, the others all look decided for Mox, Danielson and OC.

Advertisement