Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,596 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

A quick google will tell you the average price for tickets, the few times I went to events in the US the most I ever paid was $100 for a Bears game in Chicago, You can get tickets for as little as $30 for most events with decent views.

The average price for a NFL game is $150

The average price for a WWE RAW is $115

The average price for AEW  Dynamite is $100

The average price for a NHL game $90

The average price for a NBA game $55

The average price for a MLB game $35

I'd expect to pay about €100 for a ticket in London next year when AEW put on a show at Fulham however I'll make a trip of it for a couple of days.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Adam Cole on AEW: Unrestricted is a great listen.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

I am in no way condoning the manner in which Vince McMahon interacts with staff, but I'm surprised Renee Young didn't understand the problem introducing Tyson Fury as "The Gypsy King" and not the "Lineal Heavyweight Boxing Champion". Far more people will viewers will recognize the latter title, and the former could even be mistaken for a wrestling gimmick, if you didn't follow boxing.

That said, McMahon has this attention to detail on realism in some respects, and in other segments he allows people teleport, burn each other alive, shoot black goo from their mouths, etc... so I could understand her not seeing the issue!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

I could watch Andrade and Pac wrestle forever but Christ Andrade puts himself through some scary stuff in these matches. The apron spots looked brutal.

Anna Jay with a good outing, awkward in places but she'll be a proper star one day. Very enjoyable hour once again.

Hobbs will be serious money down the line for AEW. Wasn't wild on the finish, and it's getting some stick on Twitter, but it makes sense to keep him away from Moxley if the plan is to have the latter reach the final. Hobbs needs to start winning some matches though. Also, Starks probably had his best night yet on Comms.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Andrade/PAC was so good, one of the best AEW TV main events. And Cody actually got cheered making save! Arn with the glock out too 😄

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Antics21

Super Rampage.

Hobbs looks ready for a big push. Was hoping he'd beat Cassidy as I think he has major potential.

Baker got a good match out of Anna Jay.

The highlight by a mile was Pac and Andrade. Very physical and intense with some genuinely sore looking spots. Really enjoyed the ending and has me hyped for Black and Cody (and builds for Black and Pac down the line which could be great).

• Registered Users Posts: 54,275 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Hot damn that main event, so so so so fecking good

Two of the best in the world just tearing the house down

Im intrigued with the relationship between Black and Andrade now

Class hour of wrestling.

Mixing Black and Cody into the Andrade Pac match at the end was brilliant.

One hour of wrestling rocks.

I could watch one hour of AEW 7 days a week on a streaming platform.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,169 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Pac/Andrade was great.

The finish to OC/Hobbs was awful.

Jericho would wreck your head on commentary.

• Advertisement

WWE & Fox are airing an encore episode of last nights Smackdown with a special look at Crown Jewel tonight to go head to head with Dynamite.

Okada is coming to the US next month for NJPW Strong.

Please please please please let him turn up at AEW as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,275 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I really really hope Cody still loses tonight and finally turns heel and attacks Arn but I think Cody and his universe will win :(

God I hope the fans boo him but after what we saw at rampage I don't think so.

The 4 man announce booth has to go on Rampage (good start that Henry is gone). Taz is grand on dark because its a causal show but comes across so try hard on rampage (trying to be funny and "I agree with you Chris" about everything). And don't get me started on Chris "I'll shout about everything" Jericho. Excalibur and Starks would be just fine.

Unpopular opinion but still think Brit Baker is so average in ring. Great promo and character though.

Brilliant main event. Delighted to see Andrade hitting his stride.

If it's the end of the Good brothers showing up in AEW it's a good thing tbh.

Just get Deonna Purrazzo and Josh Alexander signed up whenever their contracts are up!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

MJF is so good at the despicable heel act. I'd be curious to see how he could work as a face some time. But not for a while yet.

Very strong episode so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Yeah agreed. Didn't really need the Bobby Fish match but I suppose it set up the match with Punk next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,169 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Archer is a lucky boy. That could've ended so much worse.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

What actually happened? I missed it and only turned back with the roll up win which I'm guessing was done on the fly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,776 ✭✭✭hynesie08

That's the 3rd or 4th time the refs in aew fckud up by not stopping a match. Archer was losing anyway, just call it.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,379 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I'm surprised Black lost

Tony Nese looks like he is going to get his shot at being All Elite.

Another top class pro wrestler.

Dustin Rhodes at 52 put on one hell of a match with Danielson, nice beat down on Sting and a good backstage bit with Wardlow and MJF sowing the seeds, Punk vs Fish is another good match for Punk to get his wrestling back up to a top level, Archer saying he is being looked after very well by AEW in a tweet and fans saw him walking after the show. reminded me of Brock botching the shooting star at wrestlemania. Men of the Year and Lambert keep killing it every week, slowly turning Jungle Boy into a singles star, Black and Cody was great i guess all the interference around it was to progress angles. Cody getting boo'ed out of the building needs to be played on now. Over all a good show.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,070 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Previous times I remember saying the same thing but for this, I think Archer wanting to end it and doing a quick roll up is okay. I'm pretty sure Eddie knows how to protect him for such a move

It's 2021, everyone knows the score, if someone lands directly on the crown of their head, stop the **** match and put them in a neck brace asap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭wayne040576

Yep, and several wrestlers tell the story of walking to the emergency room with a broken neck, doesn't change the fact that the protocol should be very simple, land on your head, neck brace and an MRI.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Well Archer himself seems fine with these tweets acknowledging last nights botch.

Advertisement