Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Oh and of course, there might be some other talenthausen on the roster that would be very nice, very evil.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,271 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Holy **** this is shocking news on ROH

I'm now imagining a two-man commentary booth of Riccaboni and Taz, and that would be close to perfect imo. Keep JR for the sit-down interviews, maybe call a match on the odd special occasion. Keep Tony for the backstage/in-ring stuff. Keep Excalibur as far from the broadcast as physics will permit.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,596 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Punk and Fish another great pro wrestling match.

Sammy and Page was so good.

• Advertisement

Shida and Deeb was wow good.

Cowboy Sh1t is so over!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

It's amazing how quickly the 2 hours fly by every week.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭orecir

Having your top guys in silly Halloween costumes is beyond stupid and terrible booking.

Besides that and the silly American top team guff it was a good show.

^^^^ How dare a wrestling TV show do with its main event what it said it would do last week. The absolute audacity of them.

Plus Wednesday before Halloween and all.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

I'm kinda torn on the costume stuff, I liked how they worked it into the storyline and yes it's Halloween, but still, if these guys want to play the comedy dorks they should really move down the card. When you've got tough as nails guys like Moxley, Miro, Kingston, Bryan and Punk on the same show its harder to buy the cosplayers as the top guys there.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Ouch. That’s a poor result for Dynamite last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,070 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I'd say that's partially due to moving nights temporarily. Like I saw ones yesterday saying "It's Wednesday. You know what that means" and I was thinking "Depends on whether there are any sports on".

Anyway, do you think the fans will still boo Cody? Didn't like the fact they started with "Wooo" for Andrade. Hope that doesn't become a thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,169 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Deeb should've won the tournament.

The main event was very sports entertainment.

Punks tights irrationally annoy me. They look like he bought them in a second hand shop. He needs to contact Rollins' tights tailor.

MJF promos are the lowest hanging fruit but it works so well.

I did notice a lack of ratings talk for some reason.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

411mania headline:

"AEW Dynamite Numbers Drop for Saturday Episode, Ahead of WWE SmackDown Replay in Key Demo"

I'm actually starting to believe the conspiracy that TK is paying off the writers there

Loved the Deeb Shida match. Would have preferred Deeb going through though. Feel like Shida and Nyla have faced each other a good few times at this stage.

Punk match was good.

Halloween or not, the main event wasn't for me. Far too much silly stuff.

Thankfully it looks like the Good brothers won't be appearing anymore though after the reports of the AEW Impact partnership coming to an end. They haven't shown up the last few weeks.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,460 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Tbf it's not 12 months since Orton was spitting black goo from his mouth and Alexa was doing her weird creepy thing to end multiple Raws, so Halloween costumes in a main event the week of Halloween is pretty low down the scale in comparison... And I say that not having watched Dynamite yet.

To be fair, those multi-man tags are so bad, the costumes didn't really make much difference for me. 😆

Interesting though, last night, that they have teased MJF moving up to work a title programme with the All-Out winner, presumably Adam Page? I think that could be a feud for the ages, and really push Page (who is an absolute star in my opinion, and so above this Reseda irony stuff) to the next level babyface.

Agreed with a few points above - Deeb is phenomenal, love her work. Two fantastic matches she's now had with Shida, and they'll really miss her later on the tournament and beyond. Giving her a run with that belt, and letting her work good matches with up and comers would have been perfect.

Absolute adored the show

CM Punk V Bobby Fish.

I admit I didnt get the signing of Fish as felt his best times were well behind him, he's proving me wrong. This match kicked ass and boy was it a heavy hitting match. I was surprised by the ending but I presume this was done because CM Punk took his time to get the cover.

Sammy Guevara vs. Ethan Page

Just a really fun watch and I'm a big fan of Page and delighted his getting the attention he's getting. I rather not see Jericho on my screen though.

Hikaru Shida vs. Serena Deeb

My match of the night, 2 of the best women wrestlers in the world and I'm a huge fan of Deeb since her NWA time and I love how she's getting world wide attention. This deserves a Full Gear match and both women will knock the roof off

Deeb's gear attire was very Bret Hart esq and boy does she wrestle like the him (my favorite wrestler of all time)

Dark Order vs. Super Elite

I know people didnt like the costumes stuff but I might be in the minority but I loved this, just made me laugh with The Elite Ghost Buster song and the Bay Bay spot with Nakazawa

Page wasnt even in the match and the Cowboy **** Chant was deafening, the guy is so f-ing over and I love it. He's surprise unmasking popped me

Also a special mention to Cody's promo, god this was so good.

I think this is one of the best stories around at the moment if you think about it. The guy is getting loud boos and is on the threshold of turned heel and boy when he does it's going to be so so special

Some people even think he's actually a heel now

• Advertisement

I knew that spot looked familiar, couldn't remember it until now.

Adam Cole is a fantastic heel. He last week threw a popular babyface off a stage through two tables, and yet a week later he's dressing up as a Ghostbuster and doing comedy spots.

I understand it's not something that concerns the existing AEW audience. But the audience you want to capture doesn't know what this guy is about. And inconsistent presentation is hugely detrimental to them learning that.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Deeb/Shida was one of the best matches I've seen this year. I think it's a clever bit of booking to have Shida win, but Deeb mangles her leg, so Shida's a little bit protected when she loses to whoever (is it Nyla?) in the next round, but it sets up Deeb/Shida 3 which I cannot wait for. Maybe even a no-DQ stipulation? It's past time to light a fire under that women's division and the TBS belt will be a big help.

I am a big fan of fun and silly in my wrestling, so the costumes in the main event (and all that went with it) worked for me. It's divisive and I totally get that. It is very much in keeping with the BTE/Dark Order energy that they've worked on between the live shows and the YouTube stuff though. The Dark Order are lovable goofs and always have been. But again, I concede that this is not everyone's cuppa tea.

Mox's demolition of 10 was a little more brutal than I was expecting, but it makes sense. Feels like we're gonna have Mox/Danielson in the final of this tournament (and the Kingston/Danielson promo was just the kind of spicey I was hoping for).

The Cody Promo - I'm not so sure about, but I get where he's going with it. American's eat up that sorta schlock more than civilised people though, so let's see where it goes. Andradé & Malachai v Cody and Pac is probably gonna be decent though.

Overall, a really enjoyable show for me. Roll on Rampage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

The Mox annihilation of 10 was great, loved it. Deeb/Shida was so good too, and Punk/Fish was a nice opener, just another good episode of pro-wrestling from AEW.

Full Gear is shaping up nicely now with tag championship match and you'd think Andrade & Black vs Cody & PAC.

And the Helen Lovejoy overreaction to the audacity of wrestlers wearing costumes on the episode a few days before Halloween is gas 😂

Sort of a spoiler from RAMPAGE, so heads up. What I read on Twitter

from those who were there, Eddie Kingston/Bryan Danielson was absolutely brilliant.

Did JR ever find out who calls Sammy the Spanish God lol

People discussing this week's number (940k) on Twitter as a sign of a downward trend, but I'd actually consider that acceptable, given they were off their regular slot for the last two weeks and apparently had to broadcast at a different time on the west coast. Holding steady around the 1m mark for the next few weeks is perfectly fine, as they transition the main story-lines and involve more of their recently acquired stars, Cole, Punk, Danielson, etc. A Page-MJF programme will be money. An Omega-Danielson programme will be money. The continued Cole-Jungle Boy programme could really build the latter's profile if they book it right. Maybe a Punk heel turn coming soon too, taking the belt off Page somehow? They have a star in Black too, depending what way they go with him. Plenty of ways things can freshen up in the medium term.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Pacs run in save was fuckin awesome. What a visual. Really excited for their tag match.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

Yes! Love the mythical "casual viewer who doesn't have 2 brain cells to rub together" theory. The person you're describing literally doesn't exist.

It was a fun main event, literally almost a rerun of a match they had a few years ago on a NJPW Korakuen Hall show that took place around Halloween too.

Advertisement