Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54,119 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I see there's a lot of talk about KO contract could be up Jan 31 2022

Kevin Owen turning up at AEW to take part in the Owen Hart Cup would just be one of the greatest things in wrestling for me

I **** love Kevin Owens

• Registered Users Posts: 60,529 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Jon Moxley is going into rehab for alcoholism

The Blade opening up about suffering with depression and anxiety

Hello, my name is Jesse Guilmette, and I struggle with anxiety, depression and confidence issues. I first noticed an extreme spike in these feelings during the pandemic, which also made me realize I’ve suffered from these issues all my life. I just didn’t recognize what they were until then. So I reached out for help from some friends and family, tried a couple therapists and thought I had it under control from self-management. Until I had another spike recently. So I took more drastic measures this time and talked to the executives at @allelitewrestling . Getting the courage to speak up to them was more difficult than it sounds, and I’d like to express a huge thank you to @docwholifts_1 , @meghalegalgirl10 , @tonyrkhan and everyone at AEW. When I’m not feeling the best, I simply remember that EVERY response I’ve received from the people I’ve opened up to has been incredibly positive and supportive.

It’s feels good to tell you this and to take off my mask. It helps to talk about my struggles instead of holding them inside, and I’m feeling more confident and comfortable around people. Thank you for listening. I’m sorry if I’ve been distant lately. I love you and I can’t wait to see you soon ❤️

Well done to both men for being so open about their personal struggles

Post edited by Agent Coulson on

• Registered Users Posts: 23,160 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I feel like it was an unspoken thing with fans as the physical signs were there with him.

All the best to him, it's a horrible thing and he's brave and right to do it now with the baby being so young.

• Advertisement

Heart goes out to Jon and Jesse

I presume this is why Jon looked a bit overweight too

I wonder what's going to happen with the Cassidy v Moxley match now, I was really looking forward to it

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Its hard to know as a fan when it comes to whats a work and what it is reality. I always assumed Mox was just a helluva worker.

Having a newborn can be tough. Sleep deprivation and non stop care of a child so young can really take its toll.

I hope he recovers but he is doing the right thing. An fair play to AEW for being so supportive.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Yeah I was thinking the same regarding him having a little bit of a beer gut. Fair play to him for recognising he needs help and for being open about it. Hopefully he and his family will be much better off as a result.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,973 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Ya, felt like it was Moxley who was going to be Hangman's first challenger too. Danielson is an easy pivot but it's face vs face then which if you're trying to establish Hangman as the face of the company, doesn't work too well.

You could probably pivot and put Kingston back in maybe and have him beat OC and then face Danielson again, or maybe just slot Miro in as he does the same thing that it looked like the intention was with Moxley of having Hangman beat a monster heel in his first defence. Only other thing would be if Danielson wins, slot Omega into that match so it's not just face vs face, and you can then split that off into an Omega and Danielson match when Hangman retains.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭orecir

Ironically Mox is the latest guest on the king of the beer belly of wrestling - Talk is Jericho

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

^^^^^ really, on a day Moxley enters treatment for a problem, you come along and make yet another dumbass remark..

FTR as part of their open challenge for the AAA titles are facing Samuray del Sol (Kalisto) and Aerostar tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭Monokne

His face has become much more red and bloated in the past 2 years which was definitely something I picked up on. I would often see new people in AA when they'd first come in with red puffy faces, and then gradually as they got sober it would go and you'd see their skin complexion change.

Best of luck to him. Those early days are really hard.

Angels v Omega tonight.

AEW is done for......again.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Looks likely that Mox's replacement tonight is Miro

Spoilers are the likely Mox replacement to face OC tonight.

That makes perfect sense.

I don't have no complaints with the spoiler tagged post.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,160 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Does MJF mention Moxley's issues? I know I'm not the only one thinking he might.

• Advertisement

Yup i'd be delighted with that spoiler, makes perfect sense

I love OC but I was hoping Mox might bring out some new character development from OC but with the spoiler I still think we'll see something new from OC.

reDRagon to reunite next month?

Kyle O’Reilly’s contract is reported by PWInsider to be up next month.

That could set up a nice split with from the Super Elite and set up a great feud going forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭orecir

This American top team angle truly is the drizzling **** and is snake biting.

Masvidal not being in the match (booked to fight Edwards at ufc 269 Decemeber) has completely taking away any excitement or intrigue in the match. Should just end this nonsense on a throwaway rampage.

Caster could too in a rap. With either of them though, it's only if Moxley is ok with it being used for heat, which there's a good chance, he won't be.

Credit to CM Punk & AEW as a whole, dealt with the Jon Moxley situation with class, came out said what he had to say, got real when he had to, had control of the crowd throughout and brought himself back nicely to Eddie Kingston, to move that along.

In a way, these sort of conversations are definitely long overdue in professional wrestling.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Miro is the perfect replacement for Mox, logical choice too. Danielson/Miro is going to be fire, Full Gear is so stacked now!

Hook Punk/Eddie to my veins, love that, can't wait to hear Kingston's response.

Cool to see SDS and Aerostar, FTR are so good at pro-wrestling, nice knee pads!

Enjoyed the verbal jousts between MJF & Darby and IC & ATT, good stuff. Just another very enjoyable episode of pro wrestling from AEW, standard at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

I never watched ROH but I think I read Bobby Fish is using their old theme in AEW now? Would be the obvious way to bring him in.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,833 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

I bloody hope so. Everyone loved Adam Cole but Kyle O'Reilly was my favourite member of Undisputed Era. Hopefully their theme has a decent solo part for him to continue his air guitar solos.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Personally thought that was a very well booked Dynamite. That's what I want to see every week, get all your top guys and feuds on there and do something relatively small but memorable with them. They've got such a roster there now

The only thing I wasnt a fan of was '5' getting a good match out of Omega while his tag partner '10' got jobbed out by Mox so recently. I'd like to see Kenny running through these guys too

Post edited by riffmongous on

• Advertisement

I don't know for a TV match. I think it was great that Angels could hang with Omega. Different members of Dark Order, Different strengths.

Especially as a singles tune up match before Omega and Hangman go to war at Full Gear.

Advertisement