Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54,119 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

That CM Punk segment just sums up why I love AEW and CM Punk

Moxley really has a wonderful family in AEW, the love they have for him during show and after the match with TK coming to the ring

What a company

• Registered Users Posts: 11,973 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I'd have to assume they'd put KOR and Fish back together as reDRagon. Cole might continue to do his own thing with The Elite and maybe they'll rejoin down the line.

Also, in other news, Mei Suruga has joined AEW. Personally, i'm a big fan of her so hopefully will see her used well. She's trained by Emi Sakura like some of the others there, and is very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,119 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Was I the only one who thought Aero Star was awful?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

You don't really get an Aerostar match without him nearly killing himself on a dive at least once!

I think he might have legitimately hurt himself when he hit the guardrail. It was poor before that imo (he clearly didn't know the tag rules) but it went to complete crap after that for him.

And hell, if you manage to look poor wrestling FTR, you definitely have sucked cos they can make anyone look like a star.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

AEW dropped in the ratings again last night.

It was a bigger audience watching that the same time last year, so thats a positive. But with a second consecutive drop for Wednesday Dynamite, its a concern as they lead up to the PPV.

I enjoyed the show myself. Andrade and Cody being the highlight, along with SDS wrestling again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,934 ✭✭✭Monokne

Always going to lose viewers now they are live on the west coast. Not everyone can sit down and watch TV at 5pm. Lot of people commuting or still working.

Ya, them being 5 for Pacific and 6 at Mountain time is hurting them. If you take it as 10% of their audience are in those time zones and can't watch cos of work/dinner/commuting, that's a good 100k or so loss which is dropping them below the 1m mark. I'd imagine VOD would still be strong but we don't get that.

Had the day changes and only going back to normal too so people out of habit maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Ah, had no idea they switched it up. Was this a forced change or a voluntary one?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,816 ✭✭✭kksaints

It's still above last year levels so I doubt they're too worried yet. It's possible that Hangman hasn't caught fire just yet with the TV audience compared to the live crowd. It might also speed up their plans for Punk a bit also which is a good thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,015 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

With the interview with John Silver, I was wondering what are people's opinions on bringing the BTE/vlog stuff on to tv? I'm not a fan of it. Maybe have a small reference at most, but that interview went down like a lead balloon when Silver did the whole "Budge" thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Yeah I agree there love BTE and watch it every week but that's where it should stay , it just made John Silver look like an idiot

• Registered Users Posts: 17,136 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

To be fair, that's actually the first time in a good while I've been left somewhat clueless by an angle suddenly jumping from BTE to their TV, so progress of a kind!

I'd bet any money the ratings will see a jump next week. I'm a firm believer that you get the ratings this week that you deserve from last week. This week's show closed very strong, with the Danielson / Miro staredown, and references to the Punk / Kingston feud that I'm sure people will be drawn too.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,160 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

That BTE stuff is the drizzling shìts.

Watched a recent episode and it was Silver and Cole doing an atrocious promo with crap audio in some dressing room for 5 minutes.

By all means, do your back-slapping, circle-jerk, wink wink Youtube show but don't put any of it on TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,934 ✭✭✭Monokne

Voluntary. Believe it is to do with a lot of weeks they'd be pre-empted and they'd have to broadcast later than 8pm so decided just to go consistently live.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

The end of Max Casters rap on Rampage was top notch now.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

For a match born out of a few BTE skits. John Silver vs. Adam Cole was a great television match.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

That Punk vs Kingston segment was awesome. Knew going in those two would be great together, but it was just perfect. Kingston is so real, and Punk has needed that segment for a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,110 ✭✭✭ThePott

That is what I wanted from Punk. No more of the happy to be here, this town is great. That was awesome. Kingston/Punk promos were always going to be amazing and glad it delivered on the promise. Went from nothing to being a hot feud straight away. Also like the heel/face dynamics being messed with. Kingston was getting cheers by the end and it wasn't easy for Punk to stay face with that promos. Loved it!

Caster's rap was great and the Danielson match was decent as was the main event. I will admit I am one of those people who would prefer to BTE stuff to be kept off TV but still it was fine. I do think the build to Full Gear has been a bit lacking and not sure why but there's some solid matches on the card and knowing AEW they'll deliver.

• Advertisement

If there's one match for Full Gear that they need to work on it's unsurprisingly the women's title match. You wouldn't think Britt was fighting Tay when the only real mention of it was last week with Britt criticising Tay for having her a$$ on show. I know Tay came for the save this week but that's nothing unusual when someone's partner is being beaten down.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Really enjoyed that Rampage. Even The Bunny v Red Velvet was fine, it was never going to be a classic but they didn't try and do too much. I loved Eddie and Punk, agree with those who want to see more of that from Punk. Bryan v Bowens was good, Caster's line was great. Cole v Silver was great too.

Punk Vs Eddie was fantastic. I hope that goes longer than Full Gear tbh. Keep it going until the Long Island show at least.

Rest of the show was enjoyable too. Dark seems to have been loaded before too

They need a second match for the women too. Only one atm is ridiculous. It'll likely be on the buy in but just to get a few on it, could do a 4v4 or something of the 8 left in the TBS tournament. Or if not something there, wouldn't mind Shida Vs Deeb III.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Loved everything about Kingston/Punk, excellent stuff. Another very enjoyable episode of pro-wrestling from AEW.

Interesting that Rocky is wrestling next week on Dynamite. About two months out from WK and of course a certain Rainmaker happens to be in America at the same time. Don't be surprised to hear the coin drop soon!

Hopefully. With him and Chaos and against Danielson, hopefully this means Okada or Ishii (think he's in the US too) appearing in AEW. Would assume if Okada does appear, there's a deal to get someone like Danielson or Omega at Wrestle Kingdom. You could do Danielson Vs Okada in AEW and NJPW get Danielson Vs ZSJ at WK.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,402 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Eddie Kingston is so damn good he could get you emotionally invested in watching paint dry. I've loved him ever since he debuted for AEW and now he's one of my favorite wrestlers in AEW. I think Punk needed a feud like this because some people have been a little sour on how he's been used so far, and Kingston is the type of man who can make any feud or match interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Something else from BTE that got paid off this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,110 ✭✭✭ThePott

I won't believe Okada is coming to AEW until I see it tbh. When it comes to the Forbidden Door I still think there's a few that won't be going through, I hope I'm wrong though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Punk calling Kingston a bum just made their feud the most exciting things in AEW. Really is amazing how good Punk is on the mic.

Advertisement