Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

• Registered Users Posts: 54,275 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

• Registered Users Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Have actually missed JR more than I thought I would in the booth, great news that he'll be back and even better news that he's healthy, fcuk cancer!

Khan announced that Keith Mitchell (producer) will retire after tonight's show.

Hope it doesn't change much about the presentation going forward and we don't get a Kevin Dunn fan taking over that will add more camera cuts etc.

Was thinking as well, hope they have a brand new Dynamite set lined up for the move to TBS. Just to freshen things up a bit.

Christ, a Jericho Malakai feud would be awful. Literally the last person I'd want Black to get into a feud with. Jericho should have retired from in ring at the end of the MJF feud (with MJF beating him)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,596 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

With Mercedes Martinez now All Elite

Looks like someone else might be in 90 days.

Sign Ember Moon next and the AEW womens roster will start looking really impressive.

Very entertaining episode of Dynamite to end the TNT era, the best part having JR back and in flying form. All the tag matches were really good, the ten man could have been messy but they kept things tight and it worked well. 2.0 and their son are such a good pro-wrestling unit. Wardlow continues to be a beast. Cool to have reDRagon back again too. Next week’s show on paper is an absolute cracker as well!

AEW isn’t perfect but for me it’s the promotion of the year again, just slightly edging out STARDOM and NOAH. In a US pro-wrestling context AEW is easily the best. I rarely if ever watch IMPACT these days, you get the odd good match but it’s way too wwe-lite. GCW can be good but is very hit and miss. As for the entertainment company luckily I have functioning eyesight and don’t have to force myself to endure the steaming pile of garbage that is served up to the wwe universe on a weekly basis. Sports-entertainment isn’t pro-wrestling anyways. Long may it last!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Enjoyed the show. Aside from Sammy and his stupid cards. Curious to see whether Cole turns on Redragon or if the three of them turn on the Bucks.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,003 ✭✭✭✭titan18

One of their weaker shows imo. Too many multi man tag matches for me and only singles matches we got were the Wardlow squash and Thunder Rosa trying to carry Jade to a half decent match.

Could have knocked one of the tags off and given us a decent singles match tbh.

• Advertisement

Really fun end of year episode but they really need a trios title at this stage to put a bit more meaning into all these multi man matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,187 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Painmaker has to be cringiest crap by far that he's come up with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

How Adam Cole wasn't pushed to the moon when he joined WWE on RAW and Smackdown is really beyond me!

He really is the total package and has it all and I'd put the AEW World Title on him now!

Shout out too to FTR who I wasn't a fan of when they first came to AEW but they really have upped their game lately and they have me converted.An excellent tag team and I love their theme music!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Dan Lambert almost went face with his mocking of Cody's tattoo. He's quality.

Who does everyone think will be the 3 judges.

I would originally said Bisshoff would be one of them however he is a WWE guy again now.

I really want Cornette to be one.

I coud see Jerry Brisco being one.

I'm wondering is this a way to give Flair his AEW moment since the Battle of the Blets is in Charlotte.

Is Foley under a wwe contract? I have no idea but if he isn't that would work. Steamboat would be great too, again probably very unlikely. Someone like Chris Hero maybe more realistic. Cornette would be excellent.

I completely forgot AEW had judges before, Arn, Malenko and Keiji f'n Mutoh! Love that!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,169 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Bret, Flair and another.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,070 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Sky and Page make me think of Corbin and Moss with their laughing.

For some reason I thought Mercedes was already in AEW. Must've been Impact.

Thought they would have a TNT title match on the final TNT episode.

Does having judges mean the match will likely go the hour? Or near enough anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭Cotts72

That Cargill and rosa match was god awful even my missus stated the same and her only knowledge of wrestling stems from watching total bellas! I assumed they were building to rosa v britt but wondering where they'll go now

It was bad alright. Jade has about three moves that she can do semi competently. She looks like a star but she has an awful long way to go to have any business being a champion.

• Advertisement

Thought that was a completely meh show.

Jericho and Brandi back on TV, Great....

Jericho waiting around for the crowd to get the sing along out of the way before doing anything else was painful. Couldn't care less about anything he does these days including commentary.

Looks like Brandi will get a TV feud when it's completely undeserving.

Agree that there was too many multi man matches for one show.

Jade Cargill is awful. Has she ever hit that scissors kick thing properly? Feel like AEW are booking Rosa the way WWE books. She's probably the most popular wrestler in the womens division but always seems to come up short. People will stop caring after awhile.

Also will that Bunny/Ford Vs Tay/Jay feud ever end?

I'm hoping the move to TBS is a kickstart because I've felt the last few months has been completely lackluster. Matches like Hangman Vs Bryan have been brilliant but it's the storylines that have been crap. Maybe Khan should get in someone to help him with the booking in 2022.

Bunny/Ford v Tay/Jay gets good ratings when they do it apparently. Presumably for the obvious reasons. But it's absolutely gone on way too long.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,275 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Yes it was a poor show.

I dont want to see Brandy, Jericho and Jade on my tv.

If Rosa cannot get a good match out of Jade there's no hope for Jade tbh. I can see why they are big on Jade but she cannot wrestle

Also one of the laziest booking things AEW should get away from in 2022 is - babyface getting attacked 3/4 on 1 and 2/3 babyfaces (sometimes completely random) come out to help leading to a 3 on 3 or 4 on 4 match on the next show. Feels like they've done it 100 times. (Nothing to do with last night's show just something I feel they always do).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Agree. Post-match beat downs are way overused also. I want more backstage stories that are a little more than a face off at the interview area as well. The Malakai black vignette recently was great. More of that type of thing would be great.

A short Mercedes vs Rosa feud should put Rosa back on track as being a legit threat but I'd agree it's very frustrating to see her still booked poorly when a secondary title has been introduced to the division.

I don't even know who Britt is feuding with right now either.

Britt's defending against Riho at Battle of the Belts after Riho beat her on Rampage a few weeks back. There was a video package about it on this week's Dynamite in fairness, pretty hard to miss!

Ah I got rid of the Fire tv package so I'm out of the loop.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,070 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Randomly showed up in my YouTube feed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,681 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Loved the little tease of Pillman wearing a Venom t-shirt... a character transformed after coming into contact with black goo. Half wonder if Black will turn the whole Varsity Blondes team, but definitely think he'll turn at least one of them anyway.

Advertisement