Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,070 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Noticed Cody's Heel/Face/Winner t-shirt.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Tony Khan made, at best, a really tone-deaf and unnecessary statement (but mostly he's very criticism averse as others have said)- having read Swole's comments, she's been pretty complimentary about her time there in a general sense, certainly didn't seem like she was trying to burn any bridges. I thought Swole had the potential to be bigger and I think she suffered from a lot of "the women get 15 mins on Dynamite and you're not over enough to get the spot" which has really plagued the women's division. TBS tournament has been a bit hit and miss, there's a general sense of the people getting a push not being ready (e.g. Jade isn't there yet, but bah Gawd, doesn't she look like an absolute megastar? Martinez coming in to work with her could really help solve that). Even tonight's (hopeful) conclusion of TayJay vs Bunny/Ford, which I thought was a bit of a banger, had a couple of ropey moments (and I don't mean a table not breaking, you can't give people too much grief over that in good faith). Please let Rosa break away from Jade/Martinez and get after Brit and let the TBS chips fall where they may. I don't think they'll have 2 heels as women's champs, but who knows? Gods I'd love for that division to sign one of the horsewomen to put a cat amongst the pigeons.

Last night's other matches - Bowens/Darby was just a set-up for Andrade/Darby and do you know what? That could be fun, but I think Andrade's really trying too hard with all of this and it seems to be a common trend with creatively frustrated former WWE types - see also Malachai Black and Miro's debuts. Contrast them with Cole and Danielson who left under (seemingly) much less institutional frustration from WWE and I think they've both had much better runs from the start.

But once again, good match with some fun and gruesome spots in the women's street fight. Those folks put themselves through some serious spots and the blood was literally flowing.

Cody v Page... Well, I kinda feel like we're all just extras in Cody Rhodes' journey and I also feel like that's exactly what Cody et all want. We are almost certainly being presented with a heel who still thinks he's the good guy and simply won't acknowledge in words that he's turned, but who keeps doing "smark" friendly stuff as well as managing the live crowd - there was a fairly 50:50 split of "let's go Cody/Cody sucks" chants going and I don't think it's accidental. Not a major fan of the Dan Lambert stuff, he cuts a great promo, but I'd love to see the whole schtick go for less cheap heel nonsense. Sky and Page aren't bad, but this just feels like they ran out of ideas on what to do with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,003 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I'm only really catching up with the Swole/Khan stuff from last night but a lot of what Swole said can be invalidated tbh.

She said there's no one who looks like her in the executive room, but there's Brandi.

When TBS tournament was launched, she took shots at Jade saying she knows it'll be her which shows she knows black women are being pushed, and she's just pissed it's not her.

She also was complete crap in the ring and on the mic and had been pushed (she beat Britt in a feud for one). Britt and others like Tay and Jade improved and pushed themselves and helped get themselves over. Swole couldn't do that.

There's a lack of TV time there, for the women and men, so you better deliver when you're there and she didn't do that. Jack Evans said the same about creative, you have to come up with it, but then there's a lot of experience backstage who can help you. If you don't do that, that's on you, not a lack of diversity.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,596 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Look's like Mox will be back soon Homicide will challenege him for the GCW World Tile on Janauary 24th at  Hammerstein Ballroom.

Him coming out to challenge winner of Hangman and Danielson would be great.

You'd imagine he'll be back on AEW TV before that match surely.

• Advertisement

Edit: wrong Florida team this ones not Tony's his is the Jaguars.

Still funny.

One of Tony Khan's footballers quit mid game today he took off his shirt and pads and walked straight out of the staduim.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,275 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I like him in small doses but this is pretty funny

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Antics21

Change to AEW subscription on Fite.

We hope you’ve been enjoying your AEW PLUS Subscription on FITE this year. Just to let you know that the price of your subscription will be increasing to $6.99 from 8th January 2022.

Since AEW opened its doors to FITE in 2019 - SO much has changed. We thought 4 marquee events per year was amazing, but then came AEW PLUS - the home of AEW Dynamite.

This year alone, AEW have packed AEW PLUS with exclusive new content like AEW RampageTNT SpecialsAEW Dark and AEW Elevation.

In 2022, as an AEW Plus subscriber, you will continue to get ALL of the above, plus, exclusive AEW merch special offers, gain access to one previous pay-per-view event from each year and, for AEW Plus Subscribers only, watch Battle of the Belts on Jan 8th. But there’s more: we will also add a $2 FITE credit for each month you subscribe to AEW Plus. Collect these FITE credits to use on future FITE pay-per-view events.

You don’t need to do anything with your AEW PLUS subscription, the price increase will kick in automatically from 8th January 2022.

AEW PLUS will also be available to purchase for an annual fee of $69.99. This offer is available for a limited time only, so bag this deal quickly before 31st January 2022.

Thanks for being an AEW fan on FITE!

That $69.99 works at €1.20 a week that's amazing value for money for me anyway.

Even $6.99 an month works out at €1.42 a week.

Sammy gets his rematch against Cody at Battle of the Belts.

• Advertisement

Okada doing press today for WrestleKingdom has said he wants to take on both Punk and Danielson.

Going by Elevation, they must have some plans for Megan Bayne going by her entrance. Maybe she always entered like that but just off camera. Also her first win.

And debut for Jake Atlas.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭ThePott

Saw her entrance online and they really screwed up by having her graphic say 0-3 during it. Really made it feel like a joke, especially considering the records are meant to be reset each year. Bit of a fumble.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Wasn't the match taped before Christmas? They may have intended to use it on an earlier episode, but agreed they should have removed or reset it before airing the match. I know nothing about her but I see plenty of hype about her online.

If going with her, then it's unlikely we'll get Taya showing up.

Almost certainly taped before Christmas but I figured they'd know when it would air but either way seems dumb to make a big deal of someone and then say they're a loser. Probably just oversight though.

I won't believe anyone major from NJPW is showing up until it happens. Even when the forbidden door opened barely anyone from Impact showed up aside from the Good Brothers.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Might also explain Punk cooling the MJF feud somewhat in his promo last week....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Matt Jackson and Brandon Cutler tested positive for Covid. Will miss Dynamite.

• Advertisement

Leyla's heel turn continues.

Seeing a lot of the same jobber faces on Dark makes me wonder how much they get paid per appearance

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Officer999

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

He used they so sounds like it could be a tag team, I expect it is the Briscoes

Jeff Hardy? He could just be using they so as not to reveal whether it's a he or she.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Yes I'd say that was the intention behind using they alright. That said it certainly could be The Briscoes. I expect both they and Gargano will appear at some point soon.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

John Silver spoke before about how he and Reynolds were booked as the "local enhancement talent" and went on the road with them for several months before they joined the Dark Order, so it seems like they bring people they like on the road to job out and maybe do more. He also commented that the money was better than they were getting on indie shows. It seemed to be a "right, that's taken care of now, we don't need to go looking for locals every week" kind of solution.

I don't know much about the Briscoes but they seem to be very well regarded having seen some internet commentary about them, so the more the merrier if it is them that's coming in. I'm a Danhausen fan and even threw a few quid his way via Patreon when he broke his leg, but I really don't know if he'd work in AEW (same was said of Orange Cassidy though and you can't deny how over he is).

I do suspect we'll see some sort of a debut tonight cause it's the first show on the new channel, so they tend to like making a splash. Mercedes Martinez will no doubt feature and might even do some talking - how is she on the mic? I can't recall seeing her speak before.

Stacked card for the first show on TBS

Adam Page vs. Bryan Danielson

The Lucha Bros. vs. Jurassic Express

Jade Cargill vs. Ruby Soho

Malakai Black vs. Brian Pillman, Jr.

And MJF in action.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Tony announced on bar stool that the Cleveland show on Jan 26 will be beach break. Which is interesting since it'll prob be under a foot of snow 😂

What a start to the new year I have wrestling wise! My current schedule for this month and next:

Jan 15th - NJPW Strong - Seattle

Jan 22nd - GCW HOF Ceremony - NY

Jan 23rd - GCW Hammerstein - NY

Jan 26th - AEW Dynamite/Rampage - Cleveland

Jan 29th/30th - PWG BOLA Night 1 & 2 - LA

Feb 12th - DEFY Fifth year anniversary - Seattle

Feb 20th - Prestige - Portland

Insane!

• Advertisement

Ishii already showed up tbf and that was one of their semi too guys.

There'll come a point when covid restrictions are over and NJPW can have Danielson, Moxley, Omega etc appear in G1s or Wrestle Kingdom and they'll have to return the favour to AEW and allow the likes of Okada, Shingo, Ibushi etc appear on AEW tv.

Maybe we'll even get a card like the Noah/NJPW card this weekend between AEW and NJPW.

Advertisement