Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,638 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Well they are hyping lots of blood.

Luchasaurus & Jungle Boy are awesome.

I actually could see Vince making a fortune with them through toys and merch.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,878 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Luchasaurus is the best thing in wrestling, wow.

Pac vs Omega up 2nd.

I think they should go with the best in the world Omega can't win in AEW story line the next few months.

• Advertisement

Kenny Omega put to sleep by Bastard PAC

Allin really does have something about him.

That was a really fun Cracker barrel match

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

That bloody ruled

Cracker Barrel classic indeed

• Advertisement

The Dark Order are impressive wrestlers.

The Dark Order could be built up well over a months on TV.

Freshly Squeezed :D

What a fantastic move into the pin.

All these Joshi wrestlers that have been on AEW are fantastic

Brandi as 7 of 9 Mmmmmm

AA :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭ThePott

Am I missing something, that Star Trek theme was totally out of nowhere.

Pretty good show so far.
    Six-Man opener was pretty great, Luchasaurus and Jungle Boy are still stars.
    Omega and Pac was amazing, really good showing and glad they went the way they did, really makes Pac out to be a threat.
    Cracker Barrel Match, insanity, lot of fun and delighted Jimmy Havoc finally got a win.
    Riho and Shida. The Joshi wrestlers have always delivered, Nyla will be the first champ though.

Thought the Best Friends vs. The Dark Order was average at best. Dark Order suck IMO sorry. Especially Evil Uno, they just seemed very limited and slow.

Cody v Spears just finished there. Really good match overall, anyone saying Cody isn't a good wrestler at this point is just talking nonsense. Think the 4 horsemen stuff was overbooked crap, good spinebuster from Arn though. Also feel like they went with the wrong result. AEW doesn't have many great heels, Spears was one of them and now he's been neutered, could have dragged the story out some more I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,174 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Cody's entrance was one of the worst I've seen.

The blow-off match for a supposed blood feud and they do fùcking Star Trek cosplay? Topped off with a dog that was absolutely terrified because pyro going off near it.

Holy Sh1t Holy Fcuk

**** that was a nasty landing.

• Advertisement

That was Awesome.

LAX in the house

Those 4 are going to be a bit sore for the next few days.

AEWs next PPV is Full Gear, November 9th in Baltimore.

Still thinking about the Canadian Destroyer Matt Jackson took off the ladder through a table which was like the 4th craziest spot of that match. Are HAngman and Jericho trying a double turn here?

cian68 wrote: »
    Still thinking about the Canadian Destroyer Matt Jackson took off the ladder through a table which was like the 4th craziest spot of that match. Are HAngman and Jericho trying a double turn here?

eh never mind

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭ThePott

Well there it is, Jericho is the first champ.
    I find that hilarious somehow.
    Main even was a bit plodding but had it's moments. Still don't feel like the title match should have been between YTJ and Page but anyway. I'm off to bed. Show felt a bit long this time.
    Gonna be interesting to see how these weekly shows do, now it's mostly wrestling for wrestlings sake and it's really good but the story will be what decides if this is great.

There's also some production issues that they haven't really seemed to fix over all their shows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭knockers84

Enjoyed that, wrestlers have 10 times the talent of WWE wrestlers, be interesting how the storylines go.

I don’t know what it is with the ring in WWE today but it looks to modern or something and the lighting is too bright.

Bring back the old school ring and ramp and lighting

The set up for the ending was great, but it felt so flat after the win. Like there was the big pop but then it's just ref hands him the belt and he leaves. No presentation or celebration. Hopefully that's for storyline purposes were Jericho talks trash at the first live show about carrying the company and being under appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Enjoyed that.

Orange Cassidy getting the Lights Off entrance was hilarious.
    The Cracker Barrel match was great.
    Luchasaurus is brilliant.
    I popped when AA showed up too.
    And the MJF tease on Cody.

Jericho makes sense for their first champ. A "big name", a heel who the younger faces can build up to. Can cut some great promos, and the fans will boo him.

I will say though, as someone who really has only experienced Omega in AEW, giving him a "losing streak" gimmick straight off the bat is....counter-productive.

Advertisement