Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

Tony admitted he had planned his first 4 AEW champions you would think he had a 5th planned, I would like to Cole built up to it but surely it has to be MJF and current booking points that way sometime soon this year

• Registered Users Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Decent little episode of Elevation again, the show has been on a bit of a roll lately! Still not amazing but it helps that Wight and Henry are finding their feet on commentary.

Danielson's offer to Mox is intriguing. Those two together leading and training a faction of young killers would be great but I think it's more likely that Mox turns the offer down and Danielson's young guns hit the ring to show him why it was the wrong decision. Garcia and Moriarty would be ideal!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

Really jarring how bad wrestling media is and how that leads to dumb fans. AEW seems to have brought out the worst/dumbest in people. Like just scanning social media and seeing some God awful takes on everything from Dynamite show analysis to rating discussions for Dynamite and Rampage and it's like these people are either paid to talk about wrestling/spend so much of their lives watching wrestling and yet they seem to not have the first clue about it. Truly remarkable.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,597 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Julia Hart could be a great heel.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,382 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭ThePott

The other thing is that it's someone who is going to participate in a ladder match. Keith Lee and Joe are great but they don't scream ladder match. Now Jeff on the other hand

• Registered Users Posts: 86,382 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I believe Keith Lee is on honeymoon as got hitched

I do think Jeff would be a big signing for AEW

• Registered Users Posts: 31,682 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

I'm still just so confused by the wording - it being a free-agent and someone coming through the forbidden door... it seems like a contradiction in terms. If they're a free-agent, then where's the forbidden door? And if they're coming through the forbidden door from another promotion, they're by definition not a free-agent.

Even with someone like Jeff Hardy who does at least kind of fit between the two terms, he's still either one or the other. Unless they're literally timing the event so carefully that it's him coming in as a WWE contracted guy, and hanging about for the literal minute he becomes a free-agent, before signing an AEW contract or something daft like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

ShanoMac.......

• Registered Users Posts: 54,275 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I reckon it's someone from ROH

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,169 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Think you can rule out Wyatt. There's a pic of him on Reddit and he is not in wrestling/debut shape.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,682 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

• Registered Users Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

With it being a qualifying match for a ladder match against one of Matt's protege's all signs definitely point to Jeff. It does seem slightly too obvious though!

I think if it's a Bandido, Gresham or Alexander type signing from ROH or IMPACT it goes down like a lead balloon. Juice's NJPW contract was up recently too but I'd put him in the same category.

I'm going with Jeff or Joe, with a dark horse shout of Jay White. Who ever it is it worked anyways, everyone's talking about AEW. Again!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Keith Lee seems to be the name gaining most traction. A decent signing but not worth that kind of hype.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,070 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Only names that would be worth that kind of hype would be someone currently working for WWE like Reigns, Lesnar or even Cena. For me, Jeff stopped being any kind of draw a long time ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,187 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Looks to be enjoying himself anyway that's the most important thing.

I like Keith Lee but I don't get Khan mentioning "forbidden door" and all that **** if he is the signing. He got released and did his 90 days so I don't know why forbidden door is being mentioned.

Khan should have just said a new signing will be debuting on Wednesday and that's it. He's definitely getting expectations up too high again (like with Christian) with people saying it could be someone under contract to WWE which is ridiculous.

Jeff Hardy would be the only one that makes a bit of sense if he got out of his 90 days early.

I see Khan is back using his favourite gimmick.

Given the spectacle he's making out of this latest one, anything other than "IT'S TIME TO PLAY THE GAME...TIME TO PLAY THE GAME! MUAHAHAHA!" and he ought to be skinned and a lamp shade made from his hide.

A lot of AEW talent posting the same pic but I'm still confused. Is this separate from the new signing?

Just go in with no expectations and see if we can still be disappointed.

• Advertisement

I think Tony has bought ROH.

Penta will take on Ultimo Dragon TripleMania XXX in April that will be one to watch.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,944 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Yea I'm confused too, I think I read somewhere that Tony said the announcement on Wednesday sets up for rampage on Friday which would sound like it's separate since the new signing is due to fight tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 5,187 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Rampage main event to be Lesnar Vs Reigns.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I think it's going to be Gargano

• Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

I think it'll be Gargano too. I don't really mind who it is tbh... I just love that AEW tries to create this type of buzz. For comparison, I didn't even realise the Royal Rumble, a supposed flagship event, had happened until 2 days later.

As long as it's not Savio Vega 😉

I wonder have they got a streamimg deal with HBO Max that would be a huge announcement.

Khan talking today.

I will say I’m gonna try and satisfy a lot of fans tonight and I’ve had a lot of thoughts over the weekend about how to do that and what that means. I think we’re gonna have a great show. I’ve pivoted some plans even in the last few days in a good way to make the show even better I think. It’s just gonna be an awesome night. There’s a lot of fun things already announced and then there’s more things we’re gonna do that we have not announced yet

One thing we’ve teased is that there’s gonna be a surprise debut, somebody who has signed a contract with AEW. That person is gonna debut tonight in a match against Isiah Kassidy where the winner qualifies for the Face of the Revolution Ladder Match at Revolution, of course. I’m really excited for this person to make their AEW debut and there’s more exciting stuff tonight too

Without saying or giving away too much of some of the surprise you’re gonna see tonight, there’s a lot to look forward to on this show

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,944 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I'm hoping this announcement happens at the start of the show because Tony has me invested and might try stay up to watch dynamite.

Advertisement