Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭ThePott

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I will say though, as someone who really has only experienced Omega in AEW, giving him a "losing streak" gimmick straight off the bat is....counter-productive.
    Very strange, I'd wager this a lot of people's first exposure to Kenny aftering hearing he's one of the best in the world for so long. While his matches have delivered as far as quality, it's strange booking to make him part of the middle of the pack and keep coming up short, which is obviously the story they're going for. It's just a strange approach but again I've found the mid-card booking of AEW odd in general.

They're definitely going for an arrogant Jericho who's pissed at the disrespect and lack of gratitude for him joining. Probably gonna twist the knife that the Elite set up this promotion hoping to change the world and when all's said and done an outsider from the big leagues took the spotlight. He did a promo at the after show tearing into the roster.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Enjoyable enough show besides the Cody match spears isn’t an entertaining wrestler but the match had cool few spots

Ladder match was my favourite of the night

• Registered Users Posts: 38,385 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I guess no Chic Magnet Phil then ??

Y2J as the first AEW champ ?? I suppose having an older guy as the champ will get non familiar fans into it

Didnt see the event myself will deff try and track down a copy

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Plus Jericho going off being a rock n' roll star with Fozzy for a while as Champion, I'd assume will probably draw in the lapsed/casual fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,174 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Thought it was a decent show overall.

The Coffin Drop move from Allin must shorten his career by a year everytime he does it. The match was madness.

I can understand the criticism of Old Man Jericho being the world champion but it's probably the sensible choice. He's their biggest name.

Apparently Kylie Rae requested her release and Reddit is saying she has to retire because of medical issues. That's sad. Only 27 and could've been someone who would appeal to kids, which AEW need. Can't all be edgy cool guys and girls.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,640 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Very sad if Kylie Rae has to retire she was a better Bayley than the actually Bayley from what I saw of her and could have been a very good draw for young kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Ali Bomaye

Really enjoyed the show last night. I thought Pac v Omega & Jericho v Page were both really good. Ladder match and Cracker Barrel match were both bonkers. Was really impressed with Luchasaurus. Though the show was too long and dragged in places. I felt really bad for the dog during Cody's entrance, the poor dog got such a fright from the pyro, like don't bring the poor dog out when there's fireworks going off ffs.

That kylie Rae situation seems so odd got all that unnecessary twitter stuff when Cody slagged off bayley for no reason than just disappears completely hopefully she is ok

• Registered Users Posts: 29,086 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I will say their production has improved anyway.

Felt the ref in the main event went a bit overboard at times.

It's a good job their barriers hold anyway or there could be some injuries to the fans.

Overall it was a good show. Enjoyed the Orange Cassidy bit. Though think it would've been funny if the lights had come on and he was only halfway down the ramp, strolling to the ring

Wardlow looked like a cross between Rusev & Andrade

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,878 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Wardlow looked like a cross between Rusev & Andrade

What a weird promo to debut you him in, thought at one stage my stream switched to something different because they showed it in between the pre show and main show.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Selling for Marko Stunt is ridiculous, also Go to at 96lbs going up against Rose, is ridiculous.

Darby Allin seem small but he has huge presence, the other two mentioned, not so much.

Luchasaures is awesome! There something I cant quite put my finger in with AEW as a whole. It's like they have the Elite level performer, and then chuck Taylor comes out in his terrible attire pulling up his tights so his ass crack doesnt pop out and wrestles two guys that look like they have sex slaves with them all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,385 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Sirsok wrote: »
    Selling for Marko Stunt is ridiculous, also Go to at 96lbs going up against Rose, is ridiculous.

Darby Allin seem small but he has huge presence, the other two mentioned, not so much.

Luchasaures is awesome! There something I cant quite put my finger in with AEW as a whole. It's like they have the Elite level performer, and then chuck Taylor comes out in his terrible attire pulling up his tights so his ass crack doesnt pop out and wrestles two guys that look like they have sex slaves with them all the time.

Doesn't have that Vince McMahon Touch lol

The guy who is Luchasaures was in NXT for a while but sadly didnt make it. Jesus would be sum merch seller for wwe if he adopted that character there

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Doesn't have that Vince McMahon Touch lol

The guy who is Luchasaures was in NXT for a while but sadly didnt make it. Jesus would be sum merch seller for wwe if he adopted that character there

I think he was an original Wyatt Family member too. He's some guy to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

The thing I enjoy a lot about AEW is the mid card seems better, I care about a lot of the characters. Luchasaurus, Orange Cassidy, Darby and Joey Janela are all good in their own right. I'm a huge deathmatch fan but never took to Jimmy Havoc.

Agree on Marko Stunt, way too small and unbelievable, they should have kept Jungle Boy and and Luchasaurus on their own.
    Janela really has to tone it down, was surprised he got up after the moonsault to the outside.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Glad the Lucha Bros won, and the arrival of LAX/Boricuas is a great get for AEW. Keep the Bucks away from them for a while, the Full Metal Mayhem match between Luchas and LAX earlier this year was amazing, time to bring that rivalry to a bigger stage. PAC/Omega was great too, would have preferred Hikaru to beat Riho though.

Yeah a lot of the attires looked very cheap. The Dark Order looked like they went to the closest fabric shop and quickly made some pants.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Shawn Spears looks like a caw from here comes the pain that I would of made when I was 12, thinking Mohawks and contacts are cool

So Lucha Bros/Young Bucks/Not-LAX set to be the new E&C/Dudleys/Hardys?
    Shawn Spears looks like a caw from here comes the pain that I would of made when I was 12, thinking Mohawks and contacts are cool

But.. but.. Konnor from Ascension :)

Yeah, Cody having the dog was not only stupid and cruel, but from a business side it opens them up to claims of animal cruelty from both the public and groups like ASPCA. If they wanted him there, they should have either cut the pyro or keep him far away until the pyro had stopped.
    There's a reason movies and all have the bit at the end of the credits about all animal use being monitored.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

It's not animal cruelty :pac:
    He, Brandi and anyone else with a say was just stupid and it went over their heads that the dog would get freaked out. Bad stupid call.

I want to see Marko Stunt vs Riho in an intergender battle of the 5ft2" 95Ibs'rs.

Seen a lot rumours on Twitter that the AEW title was stolen from Jericho supposedly confirmed on fightful patreon

WOW crazy

Wonder if they try to play if off like a work?

I'm surprised it's never happened in WWE, to my knowledge, throughout the years.

Can't find it now since all results are about this and a replica wwe belt stolen, but I'm sure belts have been stolen before in non storyline capacities

• Registered Users Posts: 8,878 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

J. Marston wrote: »
    Wonder if they try to play if off like a work?

I'm surprised it's never happened in WWE, to my knowledge, throughout the years.

What needs to happen is R-Truth should walk around Raw next with a toy belt, when someone questions him about it should just say found it at some restaurant or do a skit at Longhorns with the 24/7 title where Drake loses it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Tallahassee police reported they found the belt on Twitter, along with an image, but strangely deleted the post before releasing a statement

https://amp.tallahassee.com/amp/2202765001?__twitter_impression=true

• Advertisement

Some great extra Main Street press going on now with the belt going missing a lot more than they might get crowning a first champion.

Advertisement