Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,598 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

If Tony does get a streaming deal he could do a lot worse than getting Renee in to work on it.

Sean Ross Sapp is reporting ROH is definitely up for sale anywhere between $20m to $40m are the reported price tags.

And there are lots of wrestling companies and indviduals interested in buying it.

Interesting that this news is coming out today when Tony's announcement is due tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,070 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I see they had 2 former NXT members facing each other on Dark with Marina Shafir against the former Vanessa Borne.

Britt Baker & Jamie Hayter vs. Thunder Rosa & Mercedes Martinez added for tonight.

• Advertisement

Jaysus that seems like mad money when you don't even get a roster with it. Just literally the 3 letters and the tape library. Wasn't WCW sold for something like $3 million?

Buying ROH now would be an investment as well as down the line with the ROH tape library and the AEW tape library will have value to whoever buys out the WWE and wants a complete history of North American wrestling would easily pay more than what it’s sold for now if AEW was to get taken over at sometime.

A few reports coming out now from the wrestling journalists that the announcement tonight will most likely be something to do with HBO max. Probably a big deal for AEW but means nothing to us here.

Feels like a business deal you just announce in a press release or something and not an announcement you hype up to be on the show.

HBO Max is a huge deal for them everywhere in the world bar Ireland and the UK where it won’t be available for years to come because of Sky.

• Advertisement

Also reports that Tony has struck a deal with an international wrestling company for there product to be on it as well.

NJPW?

NJPW and AEW content on HBO Max would be a huge deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭ThePott

I have HBO Max and would be absolutely pumped if AEW was on there, even if I've already a FITE subscription locked in for the next year or so.

Would be interested to see what it means, will it go up the day after? HBO Max have recently started making roads to air live sport with a 200 million deal for some soccer rights, could it air live on the app? What does it mean for PPVs?

It would be a massive thing for AEW though that's for sure. HBO Max absolutely towers over Peacock which has WWE rights and if AEW goes to HBO Max outside of America (although possibly not because of deals with Fite) it could be a big deal for AEW.

Those who always complained about the three hours of dark this is the reason why they filmed so many hours of that aew think ahead unlike instant gratification fans who only think right now this second and have no thoughts of down the line aew built hundreds of hours of content to sell to a streaming platform over the last few years and t looks like it has paid off on one of the biggest streaming platforms in the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,345 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Sky could buy the uk/ireland rights to AEW no problem

Zarian is well connected in the media world as well as the wrestling one so it looks like it happening.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

wow hundreds of hours of squash matches, that'll bring them in

Have you seen the hundreds of thousands of hours of tat streaming sites have on them to bulk up content it's not about quality it's about hours.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,944 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Also in the future if any of the next big stars are currently on AEW Dark then you have some great footage, interviews, promos etc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

It's definitely a streaming service. On his media call for Revolution Tony said that his big announcement would be great for fans and wrestlers. Then separately when asked about a streaming service he said it would be great for fans and wrestlers. He'd also "love to" bring in Jeff Hardy, and is "open to" bringing in (the wrestler formerly known as) Cesaro.

Trios title and divison on the way when Omega returns.

The wrestlers were doing voice over work for the video game over the last week and they will be filming for it on the next Dark tapings.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

How do you have HBO Max. PM me if you can’t mention it here.

I think I can mention it here as there was a thread here on Boards that helped me get a reduced rate for it.

• First thing you need is a VPN, one that you can also use on your phone.
    • When it comes to what region, I would recommend Argentina, not sure it's the cheapest but at less than 2.50 a month I'm not complaining, although feel free to do whatever research into what country is indeed the cheapest and switch to that. Worth noting too that the country you pick doesn not limit you to that country's content. The US one is obviously the big one, quite frankly not sure I've looked at the other regions.
    • Turn your phone VPN on and go to the Google Play Store. Make sure that it is now the Play Store of your selected country.
    • Add a payment method on Google Play. I'm using a Revolut card from memory.
    • Download the HBO Max app. Sign up for HBO through the app, it should charge through the Play store and from the card you have assigned.
    • After that you should be set, once your card has cash you should (hopefully) not have any problems.

This has worked for me more than once, I used this method when I initially signed up at the American rate, managed to change it over to get the cheaper rate. A friend of mine in Germany was also able to do this a few weeks back so should still work. I was once able to get it using just a laptop but not sure it's still effective or certainly seems less reliable.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Interesting. I've seen similar posts for other services where they recognised that the Revolut card was from a different country and wouldn't accept it but it could be worth a look. Would you have to have the VPN on all the time if you want to watch it? Whenever I use them my internet speed gets quite slow.

Yeah Revolut has stopped working when I tried signing up for Hulu recently and Paramount Plus (although I got around them using a US Paypal account I had set up). I believe the only reason for doing it through Google Play is that it gets around the use of a Revolut card, although failing that you could try a paypal account or another card and try your luck.

Looking forward to the next week of aew

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

Argentina had best headline HBO Max prices, however beware they also apply an additional 64% digital tax. I signed up for Brazil back in December on annual plan working out at BRL 239.90 about EUR 38 per year that was the best overall price in South America/Central America.

I took different steps than yourself on laptop not app using Brazil VPN initially with alot of hassle with Revolut rejecting payment but eventually got signed up to Brazil using a Curve card linked to my Revolut, also need a Brazil CPR number (google it). Having Getflix and HBO Max on the Fire TV gives exact same US content, I can use VPN for Brazil content which has some additional movies and UEFA Champions League and Brazilian football (in Portuguese commentary though)

Fingers crossed AEW is on HBO Max, I have Peacock aswell with WWE Network on it so would be totally covered for wrestling needs

I'm not sure how the digital tax works out but I've never had to pay more than 2.50 a month since I signed up.

I did get a Curve card in anticipation that I wouldn't be able to get it to work but eventually the phone worked out for me. I use the Fire Stick alright for the US apps. Although I've never actually looked outside of the US catalogue, it's easily the best streaming service IMO.

AEW going would only strengthen it for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

I tried to sign up initially for Argentina on a monthly price and transaction went pending with monthly price plus the 64% tax but Revolut reverted it, I tried the Brazil route as I detailed which only worked until I used a curve card.

Must be something your steps with google pay that signs you up and avoids the additional Argentina tax?

Any chance you do all the bypassing region rights stuff in pm and leave this thread for wrestling talk please

• Advertisement

If the rumours are true about the announcement I think it has relevance. Besides we're done now. Commence wrestling talk.

Worth mentioning that Rampage isn't being taped this week, it's live on Friday, wondering if there could be something interesting pop up since it's live and the last show before Revolution.

Advertisement