Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,598 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

A lot of gatekeeping going on in here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

For what's it worth I welcome debate and criticism of AEW in this thread. I don't necessarily agree with it all the time but there's usually at least an argument to be made.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,275 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Didn't see that TK annoucement coming, I was expecting a streaming deal. It's fascinating to see what TK does with ROH.

It was some great go home show and I cannot wait for Revolution, what an f-ing card for this

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I wonder as they expand will they use it as a 2nd brand like AEW's Ring Of Honor, either way it's too early to have an opinion on the value or worth of it until we see what they actually do with it , if anything it's Tony's money so who are we to judge it's not like we're losing out on anything by him owning it

Fightful reporting that Darby Allin is making a reality show for WarnerMedia.

Darby's Day's Off will be a stunt filled show featuring death defying stunts.

• Advertisement

Some of the build ups for Revolution have been great (CM Punk Vs MJF especially has been brilliant) but I feel the World title and women's world title build ups have been poor. I know the world title should probably always go on last but I would go with Punk/MJF on build up alone. I'm a fan of Hangman and Cole but just think it hasn't been the best. Tired of Britt Baker as champ as well and would like to see her out of the title picture for a while but I can't see Rosa pinning her last night and again on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,682 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

After Caster mentioned Euphoria, Excalibur commented; "we always appreciate the corporate synergy, Euphoria streaming now on HBO Max".

Was wondering if i'd missed something in the announcement when he said that - very specific reference to make to a long-linked streaming service...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭ThePott

I've seen a lot of people pick up on this but I wouldn't make much of it.

They've had corporate tie-ins before to WB products. They had a Rick and Morty themed episode, they had Godzilla Vs Kong graphics and also Space Jam themed entrances and that's just off the top of my head. It's nothing new and wouldn't look into it too much.

It also reminded me of when the Acclaimed mentioned they were on TNT and proclaimed 'Corporate Synergy!' which was gas.

TBS & HBO Max are both WarnerMedia I don't think there was more to that myself/

More interesting than AEW joining HBO Max would be the merger between WarnerMedia & Discovery that opens up the whole world for AEW if Tony can get a streaming deal with WarnerBros Discovery packages that will start to appear around the world.

There would be over hundred channels owned in this merger.

From HBO Max to Eurosport

• Advertisement

Jericho is looking a lot better than he was a few months ago. Slimmed down a lot. Must be off the booze or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭rodders999

Wardlow to finally turn on MJF costing him the match against Punk seems to be the tease.

Reports Rosa is injured.

Be disappointing if she can't wrestle on Sunday.

That'd be a real shame. She deserves her moment but hopefully it's not too serious if she is injured. What would they do, put Mercedes Martinez in instead?

• Registered Users Posts: 86,387 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

MJF's tshirt was cool, young him and CM Punk

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Rosa being injured could be a blessing in disguise if it's not too serious, have Baker jump her at the start of the show to write her off and then bring her back later and get some heat behind the feud

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭ThePott

I just want the belt off Britt tbh

Good news on Thunder. Yeah Britt is grand, not amazing but she has a certain amount of charisma, but she's had it long enough now.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

The lack of a decent mic opponent hasn't helped her at all unfortunately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,387 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Does AEW now host ROH Hall of Fame

• Registered Users Posts: 12,003 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Punk Vs MJF has been great, and then some like Mox - Danielson has been good but there's probably been more weak builds than strong builds on the card.

Tay - Jade, Rosa - Britt, Cole - Page, Hirsch - Statlander, trios match haven't been that strong and then Jungle Boy and Luchasaurus have been a sideshow of their build despite being the tag champions.

Im sure all the men's matches will be damn good matches (less so on the women's tbh bar maybe Statlander - Hirsch) but some of the builds could have been stronger alright.

Yeah tbh they've so many tag teams they should have just went with 2 tag matches on the card. Bucks Vs Fish/O'Reilly and have a tag title match as well. Santana and Ortiz challenging would have been my preference.

It does feel that when the Bucks aren't champions or challenging for the belts that there's little storyline or focus on the tag champions. Penta and Fenix was a completely forgettable reign and same with Jurassic express so far. Can't even remember who else has won the tag titles.

Hmm..Good question. I wasn't into AEW from the very start but I know Kenny and Hangman had them at one point. I assume FTR won them at one stage. And I think I read of Kazarian and Scorpio Sky winning early on too. That must be it (aside from Bucks, Lucha Bros, JE)?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

That;s the lot alright. I did hear some rumblings of legit heat between FTR and the Bucks over how FTR are being handled. Santana and Ortiz will hopefully get a run soon, well overdue.

They've always been pretty high on themselves. I doubt they're too happy just being essentially mid card goons for MJF.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,944 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Also unlike in wwe as much as I like FTR, the tag team division is huge in aew and there are plenty of decent teams like lucha bros, santana/ortiz, top flight, private party, bucks, jurrasic express, reDragon, the acclaimed to name but a few that they are up against for spots

Really good Rampage again. The hour flew by. They have a stacked roster on the men's side. PVZ coming in on a regular basis is a no brainer for AEW. If they can add a couple more experienced women to the division it'll be in good shape. Athena/Ember Moon seems like an obvious candidate.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,003 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Subjective of course but FTR are so much better than most of those teams. They're the best tag team in the world imo and they make their opposition look so good aswell.

• Advertisement

Advertisement