Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,599 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Eddie Kingston vs. Jericho was awesome.

Great 3 way tag match

The Second City Saint is back

Wardlow a huge winner of the night.

Mox & The American Dragon was awesome and Willian Fcuking Regal.

Sting is fcuking is 63 in two weeks.

A great main event.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

Awesome show, they definitely deserved my €19.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,070 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Regal probably getting one of the loudest reactions of the night.

Was it Excalibur accidentally called Erick Rowan before correcting himself?

Great show overall.

Did they tease the Swerve signing, apart from Tony clearly showing the name on the contract before saying it?

Was curious if they would announce where Layla was from since she's usually announced as from Russia. They didn't. Thought they might've just changed to her American home.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Best top to bottom show Ive seen in North America.

Punk and MJF got 5 stars for me. An epic battle to end a long, near perfect build. Top notch stuff.

Mox v Danielson was brutally brilliant. The Regal appearance at the end was the cherry on top. Gimme a Regal protege stable.

I had my doubts about Eddie v Jericho opening the show but man, Jericho over delivered here. Both men brought a stiff, violent match to live and easily 4.5 stars.

The filler matches were fantastic. The pre show 3 way, the main card trio both were amazingly chaotic spot fests, as was the 3 way tag. All excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,003 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I thought it was a weaker event than All Out and Full Gear.

MJF - Punk was the standout imo, and then probably Jericho - Kingston and Danielson - Mox (although the finish pre Regal was weird). I also really enjoyed the AHFO - Sting/Darby/Sammy match just due to the ridiculousness of it.

On the negative side, the ladder match was a bit meh and had some nasty looking spots (OC and Starks), Britt Vs Rosa was one of the worst matches AEW have put on a ppv and it went full WWE in having a ppv match set up TV matches. Led by this match too, the show overall had way too many interference spots. On the main card you had 6 matches with some interference and a 7th with someone appearing after the bell. It was a bit much especially when that Britt Rosa match had like 3/4 spots.

They need to calm down on those stuff really imo, but more importantly just get the title off Britt and her out of the ring as she can't wrestle and her booking is getting Reign of Terror levels of burying the division.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,070 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yeah, Danielson was pinned like Ronda was pinned by Becky.

That was a spectacular ppv from start to finish

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I thought it was very solid, but I reckon there were a few matches where I don't have a massive investment into particular people, so the results didn't hit home as hard for me as it has for others.

I loved Punk vs MJF. Top to bottom, a perfect blow off match. I loved Bryan vs Mox too. It had to be violent, and it was. And Regal joining them....it's like something from the draft on here. Just, perfect, and how had they not interacted like this before. Pure violence, pure brutality. But absolutely perfect. Those two matches were awesome for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,169 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Regal is a good signing. Few in wrestling have his kind of gravitas.

Would've liked Hobbs to win the ladder match but Wardlow would've been a close second. Happy with either of them crushing Guevara into a fine paste.

Women's division is utter shíte spearheaded by two crap champions who can't wrestle for toffee. Jade "But look at her though..." Cargill and Britt "Gassed" Baker. Get in the bin.

Sting must be in serious shape to not shatter after doing those spots at his age.

I was hoping Page would win. His reign has been underwhelming but Cole doesn't deserve to end it.

• Advertisement

Danielson has starting training Jade, I wonder how many others he is helping out backstage.

A young shooter stable lead by Regal could be really fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,003 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Ya, in regards their women's division, I'd give Jade some props as she's improved a good bit since her start. She's still very green but there's a lot of improvement, she just needs more ring time.

Britt on the other hand seems to have gotten worse. Her promos have been bad recently (that one a few weeks ago was horrific) and she's seemed to have lost fitness as she can't last a match at all. Just makes the booking worse as she shouldn't be nowhere near the title picture on her performance but then she gets all the opportunities. Its the same match every time too with all the interference.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I'd agree with above Jade has gotten a lot better and probably surpassed Brit who's going the opposite way .

Absolutely loved Punk going full ROH so so good , Mox vs Danielson was great you'd have to wonder will it be Regal who starts up this stable now

Wardlow definitely the right winner loved how he was the one to take out Keith Lee and Hobbs aswell

Jade has improved but shenis still very green. Shes a star and they are structuring matches to her strengths, but shes a long way to go to have 3 star and above matches.

They need to get Baker away from the title. Shes a draw and a star since she turned, but her matches suck and the quality in the womens matches can't compare to the mens.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Just watching now. That triangle tag match was bloody brilliant. Loved it. Kingston and Jericho very hard hitting, decent opener. That first suplex was 😮

I can't stop laughing at the 'Brass Ring' though. They should rename it the 'Ass Ring' as that's exactly what it looks like, a donut seat 😂

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Watched a few of the matches by now and quite enjoying them, a good mix of serious one-on-ones and multi-man spotfests. Nice to see Regal there now too and I hope he gets to take a good role backstage too

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Punk and MJF, now that's storytelling - even the little pieces like MJF selling the hand the whole way through. Punk wears the crimson mask like Flair and HHH, serious amount of blood loss! Actually thought the Jade/Conti match was decent though the piledriver had me wincing.

Britt seems kinda lazy in the ring, I dunno. Like half-assing counters or suplexes, it's not pretty to watch that's for sure. Maybe it is just that she's gassing mid match? Really expected her to kick on after that Dynamite match and subsequently winning the strap but she does seem to be almost regressing. Getting the belt off her really needs to happen and soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,169 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Even Nikki Bella and Sasha Banks would struggle to pull off the "I'm losing" sourpuss Rosa did last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

That was my 1 gripe about the show, Britt retaining. But then seeing Layla Hirsch is facing Thunder Rosa on Wednesday's Dynamite - with the winner facing Britt on the St. Patrick's Day Slam in San Antonio, didn't take long to put 2+2 together.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54,275 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Man that was terrific.

Even the bloody buy in was awesome, that House of Black match match, Chief's kiss. Any other PPV it would of stole the show but not this one.

Jericho v Eddie, Jericho's best match in AEW and I'm reinvested in him now

The Tag Team Champion match, god damn I loved this match. The Young Bucks are just so f-ing good and I loved Bobby Fish talking trash all through the match. This is just Tag Team Wrestling at its finest.

CM Punk V MJF. This feuds has to be the best story line AEW have ever done for me and that's saying alot after the Hangman arc. This match just fecking ruled and god damn it was hard hitting and Wardlow betraying MJF in the end sets up a new feud and I cannot wait. Wardlow has the makings to be one of the best baby faces in wrestling

Mox v Bryan, this was slobber knocker and the guys just went to town on each other and boy did I love it. Regal coming out of the end popped me so so so so much, one of the good guys in wrestling. What a brilliant mind to have in your company

Hangman v Cole. Two of my favorites. This was so much back and forth and the crowd just couldnt make up their mind who'd they want to win. They even booed Page when he tied up Cole, damn Cole is so over

Absolutely brilliant match and I couldnt get enough of it

Still blows my mind that a 62 yr old Sting still taking those big bumps

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭ThePott

Really great show overall.

Excellent start to the show, that Eddie/Jericho match was fantastic, Kingston is so damn over and think Jericho needs a turn alright. That tag match was brilliant, loved the tension between ReDragon and TYB. The Luchasaurus hot tag was unreal, you'd forget how great he is in ring at times. Ladder match didn't fully click with me but it had some great spots and think Wardlow winning for now was the right call, especially to fuel the MJF story.

While I don't think Jade is fully there yet, I do think think she's showing considerable improvement and say what you will but she looks like a damn star, I would argue she comes off as more of a champ than Britt atm. I'm starting to like her. Britt's match was a letdown. I know the word is that TR is injured but man, Britt needs to drop the belt, all her matches resorting in shenanigans is boring too. She needs to disappear for a bit tbh. Hopefully Rosa gets the belt off her at the Paddy's Day show.

The Punk match was brutal, loved his AFI entrance and look, just such a well told story and the Wardlow appearance was sweet. Maybe a bit long if I had a nitpick though. The Mox/Danielson match was really good, at times looked borderline dangerous haha. I saw Regal came back about 30 seconds before it happened on TV but it did nothing to ruin my enjoyment. I loved this! Absolutely gas segment and Regal is an absolute boss, I called a few pages back that we should get a stable with Mox/Bryan with Regal as the kinpin and some proteges, hope I'm right.

6 man was a chaotic hot mess, really fun and the perfect gear shift from the previous match. Sting is nuts, legend. I liked the main event, no frills really, I liked that we got a clean finish but it did feel like a match we'd seen plenty of times before. Was half hoping that the Bucks would come out to pull ReDragon away from ringside but too early for that I guess (where is Jay White btw?)

Strong show, definitely delivered on the whole and the closest thing to a letdown was Britt keeping the belt. The Swerve signing was oddly handled but not everyone needs to be a surprise entrant and he's a great signing. Although, Jesus don't have it printed so big on the contract that we can see Tony waving it around before it happens 🤣, didn't matter cause it wasn't a big surprise but still.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,944 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Yea have to agree that was some PPV from the Buy In to the Main Event, You always think oh if you are on the pre show its a bad thing but I have to say the 3 matches they had were fantastic way to start.

1. Statlander vs Hirsch was really enjoyable, one or two small botches but both women had a great match.
    2. Hook vs QT was exactly what you'd expect but you just cant deny it but Hook just has something about him, even if just a few professional matches the future is bright for him, it also helps that he is completely over with the crowd
    3. HOB vs PAC/Penta/Erik was also really enjoyable, thought HOB would take the loss this time but maybe once Fenix gets back they will get the big win(although how long is he out for?)

Main Show

1. Jericho vs Eddie was way better than I thought even though I missed bits due to my internet but definately one of the better Jericho matches in a long time, wonder how they will write Jericho off since I think Fozzy have a big tour coming up this month.
    2. 3 Way Tag was just amazing, was convinced reDragon were taking the titles by getting one up on the Bucks but happy Jurassic Express had a great showing to win.
    3. Ladder match i was thinking might be a bit meh with 3 big lads in it but all 6 worked well together (hopefully starks is ok after that botched Powerbomb), no denying Danhausen is over anyways. With Wardlow winning I think he needs to take the title off Sammy or Sky, unless MJF costs him the match which would make sense.
    4. MJF vs Punk, Just wow from the start, great storytelling even from the entrances and nice throwback to Punk's ROH days. The matched had a great flow and both men sold well, Wardlows turn was perfect and the crowd just ate it up and that pop when he gave Punk the ring that pop shows the seeds they planted weeks/months ago paid off.
    5. Jade vs Conti, not the worst, but as mentioned for someone in the ring barely a year Jade has improved, yes still more work to be done but she is getting there.
    6. Mox vs Danielson, again just two lads beating the **** out of each other, one thing about Danielson he never looks tired which is impressive especially in those kind of matches, was not expecting Regal just to walk out so that was nice surprise. Regal/Mox/Danielson in a stable could be magical and maybe they will take the titles from JE?
    7. Rosa vs Britt was easily the worst match on the card, Britt has definetly gone backwards (not that she was ever amazing) and the wrong winner of course, but the fact she is going to face her in San Antonio that has to be Rosa's time, wonder would they do their first womens Cage match to stop the interference? Also surely Martinez would have tried to help Rosa???? Either way they need to get the title off Britt
    8. Trios Tornado, another match I wasnt expecting to be like that, I didnt realise the trios tornado meant no dq but the whole match was insane but kudos to Sting taking that bump
    9. Main Event really enjoyed it too but really thought Cole was taking the title but glad Page won, both had a really good showing.

Overall a top PPV

Hes not.... well until the next PPV...back to absolute come Wednesday.

Great show from top to bottom. No match was bad except for Britt/Rosa. I even thought the Jade/Tay match was decent.

Loved the CM Punk ROH entrance and Regal appearing!

Just on Britt. I've been saying for a good awhile that she gasses out quickly in matches and that hasn't changed but I also think that her bumping is getting worse. She just makes every move look like **** that she takes. I'm sure Rosa will win the belt at the Texas Dynamite.

Also have to bring up JR. On the PPVs it's like he gets tired and cranky half way through the shows. I've noticed it on nearly every PPV (he's not so bad on a 2 hour dynamite). I know it's probably hard to keep up enthusiasm for a full 4 hours but he just doesn't help the show by moaning about the names of moves, people kicking out of certain moves etc. Supposedly his contract is up in April so it'll be interesting to see will he stay on.

CM Punk Media Scrum

It really makes me so happy to see Punk back in love with wrestling again and what he said about Bret pulls at the heart strings for me because Bret is why I got into wrestling and will also be my favorite and the best there ever will be

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Glad I watched it but thought it was only alright. Probably due to the fact that watching the preshow first, it was 5 hours back to back. That's too long for a show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

One thing I love that Kingston and Hook are bringing back are those overhead and exploder suplexes. Used to love Angle, Scott Steiner and Taz doing them and great to see some of it coming back. The one on Jericho looked brutal.

Advertisement