Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

Funny how that part's always left out by the posters so horrified about two people getting tattoos.

Apologies that I don't spend my days trawling through every minutiae of the wonderful world of AEW. I saw a video clip of them showing off their tattoos and when you see two already tattooed people with new tattoos you don't assume "Must be fake."

Please pass on my sincerest apologies to Tay and Sammy.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I'd understand if they had got the tattoos done permanently, which is just a terrible **** idea. But good lord, the pearl clutching over temporary henna tattoos, seriously..

Easily the best Dynamite of the year (obvious minor nitpicks aside), and Dax with a rare singles match, making you think What If he was a solo wrestler instead of a tag team wrestler?

As for Sting I've already said it, but he's having the time of his life with this run in AEW before he eventually rides off into the sunset.

There's just so much stuff coming up to look forward to..

• Registered Users Posts: 60,601 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Tony Kahn say he is in talks with current AAA & ROH Women's champion Deonna Purrazzo

• Registered Users Posts: 31,682 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Add a couple more big talents in the women's division, and they could start shuffling a fair few people into a dedicated tag team division and get a belt going there too.

On that general topic, one of my favourite things to keep track of at the moment is the Julia Hart story - love the slow burn of it, and she's doing a great job of selling it in little moments constantly, mostly on dark/elevation. This week getting all pissed off when Garrison threw his jacket to her on Dark, before sitting facing away from the match (as she also did on Dynamite). Then in-ring after they won, she just stood a little off and did a great job looking just a little bit annoyed at every single thing they did. Garrison started shouting a bit, and she was there behind subtly putting a finger in her ear. Then a classic heel win over Skye Blue on Elevation. Just a great little low key story going on there.

Julia Hart, skye blue, anna jay, jade cargill are all so green probably less that 100 matches between them yet have just have that x factor of connecting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,169 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Just seems like a knock-off the Fiend/Bliss shíte to me. Pretty blonde gets "possessed" by spooky man.

Maybe it'll go there at some stage, but certainly hasn't yet anyway.

Like, there's nothing 'possessed' or 'spooky' about it so far aside from the initial getting spat at aspect, she's just actively gotten pissed off at the lads whole preppy schtick, and become more cutthroat. Could argue so far that rather than being 'changed' by the black stuff, that it was just an event that made her tired of being a smiley nice person who gets stepped on.

I think he said he's just in talks with her (and Impact) to defend the ROH women's title at Supercard of honour but it's complicated because Impact have a show that day as well. It's nothing to do with signing for AEW.

All joking aside, can I get a top three BEST AEW women wrestlers...

For me...

1. Thunder Rose
    2. Seerena Deeb
    3. SHIDA

I don't care about favourites, I don't care about how they've been booked...who would you build your own women's division around?

Deeb is the best. Shida is second. Rosa is third but probably only because Riho isn't around. Rosa has fallen off a lot.

• Advertisement

Oh come on, Marston. I could understand Deeb and (begrudgingly Shida based on booking) but Riho...stop it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Best in ring would have to be Deeb or Shida definitely. Their matches with each other have been really good. As PespiChallenge says above though there are a few young and/or inexperienced women that have potential to be stars in years to come if both AEW and fans have patience. I like Skye Blue actually she has kind of a "girl next door" vibe that works for her as an underdog.

As well as those already mentioned, I really like Statlander and Hayter in ring. Tay has a lot of potential too, particularly if they pull back on this Sammy stuff sooner rather than later. Thought she was great in the Britt match, both in look and performance. Needs to get better on the mic (and get more comfortable with English) but that'll come with time. Think Anna Jay has an extra gear to go up as well, still only 23. And all the others are only 26.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

It looks like Statlander's gonna be making some moves - she's got the new look and I think she's pretty good in the ring. I kinda wish that they weren't going back to Deeb and Shida, but I'm sure they'll have a solid match.

I think we can probably all agree that the women's division could do with a bit of star power to liven it up. Ruby Soho hasn't really worked out, there's a lot of mid-card with the likes of Bunny, Ford, Hirsch, Red Velvet who don't really feel like they'll catch much attention if pushed - but to be fair they've all got some good matches in them. Nyla is possibly always going to be the division's mini-boss and there's not much necessarily wrong there, but I think she could move away from Vicky if they wanted to turn her face for a while. I think Nyla's great. I hope she and Thunder Rosa put on a decent show. I dunno what the end game with Julia Hart is, but they could probably get a move on with it.

We'll probably move onto Britt and Hayter and who knows where the dice will land on that.

Tay getting into on-screen "girlfriend" stuff with Sammy isn't, I think, for me, but if they're trusting her with a (pro-wrestling) rookie like Van Zant, then I'd say that was a kind of level up for her.

They just announced Bunny for a mystery new signing qualifier for the Owen, so that could be interesting.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Best wrestlers: Deeb, Shida, Rosa

Who I'd build the division around:Rosa, Statlander, Britt (with very different booking)

Overall though there's very few strong characters, or people who can talk convincingly on the mic, and related to that not very compelling booking. There's plenty of potential in the younger women, but we've seen a few people go off the boil already instead of pushing on.

It's the one place AEW could really benefit from the forbidden door imo, bring in a veteran or two from Impact/NWA and run a few decent storylines with the champ.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,075 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I do wonder how that usually works. Like which company takes priority when someone holds the title from another company? Like if RoH wants to have a title match, surely they should get priority since it's their title, but then Deonna is contracted to Impact. And the fact she's scheduled to defend the RoH(or AAA) title as well for Impact.

Then when there would be multiple promotions holding events during Mania week what happens with those ones who hold multiple titles like Kenny used to? Likely first come first served in that case.

Though Briscoes are are also scheduled to have matches at both events so will be some planning involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

Out of all recent signings Swerve has impressed me the most so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Davy05

Really? I'm only surprised by that because I've seen him live in the past with OTT and he has plenty more in the tank to give that he hasn't shown yet.

I'm a big fan of Ricky Starks but i thought his match with Swerve last night on Rampage was a lil clunky at parts and they perhaps lacked chemistry.

But Swerve is a star in the making for sure. He has that illusive cool factor that just can't be taught.

When WWE release people, I can usually see a reason or two for the release. It could be in ring work, promo ability, age, injury record etc. But I can't get my head around them releasing Swerve. I feel like he has everything. Look, promo, in ring. I would 100% keep him over Ali (who they won't grant his release) for example who I think is completely overrated.

• Advertisement

Impact would definitely get first priority with her being under contract to them. I'd say Khan will want to get the title off her asap so he can get it on someone under contract to ROH/AEW.

Yeah she got the title due to Rok-c going to WWE which made sense. Though I guess need to decide who gets it now. An AEW wrestler until they get the RoH roster sorted again?

It's going to be interesting because the AEW women's roster is nowhere near good enough to be spread out between 2 companies. Who's out there as free agent though to pick up apart from Athena and Toni Storm?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

I only really seen his Hit Row stuff which isn't a whole lot. I do believe he could be a future main event star for the company.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭ThePott

A few others I think; Mia Yim, Taya Valkyrie, Nixon Newell. Maybe a Jazzy Gabert? There's others who would have name value but not good in-ring; Lana or god forbid Eva Marie or Nia Jax. Not sure the status of a Chelsea Green or some of the Impact roster (who have done a great job building up their Knockouts Division). Unless you can get some of the Joshi women having a decent depth would probably involve raiding GCW or trying to make a deal with Impact. That would be for depth more than quality in some cases though.

Is there any word yet on what the RoH plans are? Is it going to be a completely separate thing with the occasional crossover or is it going to be NXT style developmental with some experienced stars?

Will they have weekly shows or will they record in bulk again?

I'm a fan of Candice LeRae and would like to see her signed if possible. Think she's only had a baby but supposedly her contract is up in a couple of months.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

I hope they can bring Kairi Hojo over now and again now she's back wrestling. She should be a huge star.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭ThePott

I forgot about Candice, yeah definitely would love her to show up when her contract expires. Not gonna lie when I mentioned Joshi wrestlers, Kairi was exactly who I was thinking but was worried people would nitpick about her not being a free agent or something haha. Would love some more Joshi talent showing up in AEW or even a Joshi invasion angle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54,278 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I have to say this is pretty funny

Advertisement