Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Punk vs Max Caster announced for tonight :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,075 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I would be very surprised if he doesn't work the Oscars slap into the rap.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Wheeler Yuta v Bryan Danielson announced too. Presumably the narrative will be Yuta trying to prove himself worthy of joining Blackpool Combat Club.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,944 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I think mox vs lethal has been added too???

Yep it has. Should be a good show. Toni Storm could show up too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Davy05

Is Dynamite on at 12 or 1am tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,682 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Will be 1am Irish time (8pm Eastern time, 5pm Pacific time).

• Registered Users Posts: 54,278 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Looking forward to mox vs lethal

Lethal has had some great matches reccently and always happy to see him on my screen. I feels like something is happening with him judging from his promo last week which is good news

• Registered Users Posts: 23,169 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Hey, yo

Listen

Listen

Yo

Listen

Listen

Listen

Listen

Listen

Listen

Yo Phil, we heard you're just like Will

You like to watch guys get with April

Don't get mad at me, dog

I'm gonna bitch slap you like you're Chris Rock.

Please, hold your applause.

Yeah was thinking he might mention AJ but Punk doesn't seem like he would go for the whole "Leave my wife's name out of your mouth" part of it.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 60,601 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Danielson vs. Yuta was a thing of beauty.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Anyone know if aew will be touring through Ireland anytime soon? I work with a guy with an Intellectual disability and is aew mad, I would love to be able to bring him to a show.

Didn't take long to mention Will Smith. Has there been anyone yet who's taken genuine offence to Caster's raps?

Wonder how many will miss Toni's old ring gear. 😁

Well Caster was very publicly taken off tv for a few week with his rap about college rape it was well talked about on this forum for a bit

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

@DARK-KNIGHT They've long been talking about Craven Cottage getting a show in the UK, but nothing more I think. If/When they come to the EU, fingers crossed for an Irish date too, but I suppose the best I could suggest is to watch out for the OTT gigs who often have some of the AEW folks in for a night or two.

I loved last night's show. Danielson/Yuta was a highlight, but Mox/Lethal and Punk/Caster were also really enjoyable.

Curious about what's gonna happen with Marina Shafir. I watch Dark and Elevation every week and have seen her in action - she's solid, but doesn't seem to have much charisma. She's almost certainly gonna be going up against Jade based on the segment they did last night.

Ah yeah, that I knew. I just meant the wrestlers he raps about. Like Punk was smiling last night. I know some act annoyed but haven't seen anyone genuinely annoyed.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Davy05

What was the story with Kyle O'Reilly's promo? I think he was trying to make a joke that didn't land. But it came across as very odd.

Sounded like he forgot what he was gonna say because Bobby seemed to finish his part of the promo.

That was terrific show. Such brilliant wrestling

Stand out moments

Jay Lethal vs. Jon Moxley - Brilliant match.

FTR vs. Gunn Club - MJF on commentary, chefs kiss

Bryan Danielson vs. Wheeler Yuta - Best match of the night. Amazing how Yuta is getting over and man the crowd were really hot for him. The guy has the world as his feet, what a terrific talent. Regal is some talent in the Commentary, the man with mask. I wouldnt be surprise if he replaces JR some time.

Andrade El Idolo vs. Darby Allin - Darby is just a rag doll and boy do I love it. Loved the match and so happy Idolo is thriving and main eventing where he belongs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

I've been playing catchup on my AEW watching since Revolution. It's been good solid stuff over the last while... looking forward to Punk v Hangman if that's how it plays out.

I love how they've handled Hook up to now. He's got this effortless charisma, a real aura about him, and most importantly a connection with the audience. But AEW have showed great restraint in his booking... a match every 2-3 weeks on Rampage (don't think he's wrestled on Dynamite yet?). He's obviously young and very raw, but I can just imagine how he'd have been pushed to death if he'd emerged like this in WWE, and we'd all be sick of him already.

That said, I do think AEW drag some things out for too long and signpost stuff a bit too much. Still, I'd much rather that than hotshotting everything and random, illogical booking. I just think they could do with upping the pace of storylines a fraction.

There's obviously a lot of wrestling on this weekend but I thought Rampage was excellent this week so check it out if you can. All of the matches were good, even Skye Blue and Jamie Hayter which could have been clunky. Young Bucks v Top Flight was great fun, House of Black are so impressive, and Keith Lee v Powerhouse Hobbs was a brilliant big man match with some great spots.

The only negative was Sammy again demonstrating his lack of likeability even when ostensibly getting one over on the heels.

Just catching up on Rampage now.

Surely they'll turn Sammy and Tay heel? Segments like this will have them getting booed soon enough.

I like that new ref that's been on the shows the last few weeks (he was the ref for the main event last night). He could teach Aubrey and Remsburg a few things about not being noticeable during a match.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,601 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Reports that AAA have given Tony Khan creative over the Tag Belts for Wedensday night.

That sounds like a nice bit of trust between the two companies.

With both titles on the line, I assume FTR are retaining.

I'd assume so. They're turning face now it seems so they'll probably hold on to them for a while and try and add the AEW belts.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Quick question from someone who has a passing interest in the world of Wrestling these days (follow some of the Twitter heads like Alvarez and Meltzer and sometimes watch a few clips)

Curious to know what are peoples opinion on Cody Rhodes joining WWE again? Watching him over the last two years and reading/watching some of his promos, the passion he had for AEW and the anger he had towards WWE got me interested in wrestling again. It was blurring the lines of whats real and whats not.

So was it all fake? Pretty much everything he said about WWE was just for show? Sort of renders anything he says in future now, a load of nonsense? And his appeal was the again CM Punk style of blurring the lines of whats real and what wasnt.

I read comments from him where he said once his daughter was born he decided he wanted to make as much money as he could while he still could. Which is fair enough although I'd doubt she'd have had to worry about her future when she grows up either way. He'll probably end up back in AEW down the line anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Not a bad episode of Elevation, nice little hometown shine for Wight.

Interesting to see the Workhorsemen being used again, they have some cool looking double team moves and have had a few good matches in other promotions. Could be a decent Dark/Elevation level team going forward.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

My take is he left WWE because he felt under valued and wanted to prove his worth.

Then in AEW, he reached a point where, once again, he was feeling undervalued, and then WWE likely promised him a title run if he came back. And I can't really blame him, because as he said on Raw, winning the title in WWE is probably a huge proof of his worth right now, on a personal and a professional level.

I think the nature of pro-wrestling is that people say stuff all the time that blurs the line between work and shoot. Was he being genuine when he ran down WWE before? Probably. And after a few years, when he felt WWE were acknowledging his value and AEW weren't, and when he felt he could do something his father never could, he decided to move back to WWE for a bit.

All power too him, I think the move makes sense on a personal level to him. I think it benefits WWE having a fresh main eventer added to the roster. And I think it kind of adds to AEW on a few levels too, cause I think he wasn't as vital a player there as he would have liked us to think, and his segments often felt crammed in specifically because who he was. AND he likely will go back in two years with a ready made top level program for them too. And he probably will make a load of money too, which is neat for him.

Advertisement