Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,944 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Looks like the 10 man tag is now 8, Jeff and Cole are out, which is probably down to Jeff being injured? He was definitely off in the ring on Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭rodders999

I was hoping Wardlow would come back out and deliver another power bomb symphony to Ruby Soho after she performed the two worst sharp shooters in professional wrestling history.

The crowd absolutely shat all over her when she beat Statlander in the semi and there really was no way she should have been in that final to begin with. Kris wining the tournament would have done so much more for her than giving yet another accolade to DMD.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,170 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭ThePott

I was expecting a loaded card for tonight with it being their LA debut and 15,000 in attendance. Nothing great so far

Punk/FTR Vs Gunn club/Caster (a squash match tbh)

Moxley Vs Garcia (definitely remember them having a match before)

10 men tag (Bucks, Jurassic express etc)

Britt/Hayter Vs Storm/Ruby

Still time I suppose for some more matches to be added.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,078 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

And as Furious-Red pointed out above, Jeff and Cole are out of the tag so it's only 8 man now

Oh Christ, he's definitely going to sign isn't he? Pointless signing when some people on the roster can't even get on TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,783 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Thought they picked replacements? Darby in for Jeff and hikuleo in for Cole.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,944 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Wardlow Vs JD Drake added as well.

Very disappointing card.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

MJF is being advertised now.

Caster has to throw in a dig about the Punkshot Lariat in his rap.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,684 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Holy ****, that was iconic!

Longer it went on, the more the crowd got behind him.

mad stuff

Fella in front of me framing it up nicely 😅

Post edited by ~Rebel~ on

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

MJF's "Pipebomb" moment. In a weird way, it could turn him face :)

• Registered Users Posts: 38,349 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭nazmoalex

Jaysus as good as the MJF promo was the opening match and Forbidden Door stuff was just as good! Acclaimed and the Ass boys entrance was brilliant. Really good match, thought it was gonna be short and sweet. Tanahashi Punk is exactly the kinda match to get the ball rolling for the Ppv. Best hour of Dynamite in God knows how long. Miro yeah boooiiii

• Registered Users Posts: 9,783 ✭✭✭hynesie08

If I never hear another pipebomb again it'll be too soon, fair play to MJF for expressing his views in exactly 1 segments length.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Whatever about the missed meet and greet stuff being a work or a shoot, we are in full blown work mode now. Zero chance they give him a live mic unless he’s signed a new contract, lol.

Absolutely amazing promo from MJF. Dropping an F Bomb into the middle of a wrestling promo is something I can’t ever remember on a mainstream show, but absolutely sold the promo perfectly. The “you people” elements were a little cliched, cause that’s pure pro-wrestling and it feels like someone more genuinely attacking their boss wouldn’t have been twerking for boos, but he’s basically started up a program with Punk there perfectly..

dropping the info about being the second biggest minute by minute guy basically leaves it open for Punk (who I’m guess is the top guy) to lord it over MJF. The lines about the ex-WWE guy. Calling Tony a mark.

At a guess, MJF disappears for a bit. After Forbidden Door, Punk turns heel, showing he was manipulating the mark that is Tony Khan. And it builds towards an MJF return where he says he’s been proven right, etc.

edit: and who comes down to the ring to chase him out afterwards, during the ad break? Security? Nope..

Post edited by Lord TSC on

• Advertisement

Parts of the card could've been better - but holy shït it was awesome to be at!

Watching MJF felt like watching history unfold. Was incredible how the crowd around me went from "stfu", to wholehearted full-bodied "MJF" chants once he got into full flow.

Watching back the airing now, and the sound doesn't do justice to how fully and emphatically into him the crowd really got.

Also awesome to catch Miro's return.

"You fùcking mark."

Interesting way to turn him face.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Officer999

Yeah definitely wasn’t designed to turn him face but amazing promo. Incredible.

Hard to see what the end goal here is though? Surely Khan isn’t going to become an screen presence now?

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭TheLocalMan95

Uh, yeah, it is designed to turn him face. Did you not hear the crowd? Khan won't be, but Punk will be. Heel Punk as an hypocrite going against the anti establishment MJF?

Inject that into my veins!

Punk is going to turn heel, and in the process, will justify everything MJF said about him. Kingston too. A heel turn instantly ignites feuds against those two, as well as gives him a bit longer in any story vs Hangman too.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Endaaaagh

Punk turns heel, leads an NWO type takeover of AEW with all the ex-WWE guys leading to MJF's triumphant return.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Heel Punk is far more interesting than happy clappy, face Punk. The only thing that kind of takes me out of the moment with MJF's promos (especially if he is to be a face) is when he starts going on about being the best in the ring. He's clearly not, it's not his strength really though he's not bad. If he kept it to being the top star etc then you could say well it's arguable.

I think Punk might have hurt himself with his dive into the crowd. Seemed to be limping a lot and constantly checking his foot. Or maybe just selling the Hangman match.

The reaction to Caster locking in a sharpshooter 😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54,282 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I wasnt blown away by the card, felt it was very lacklustre but wow that was some show

Advertisement