Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,784 ✭✭✭hynesie08

If ever there was a match that didn't need a build, no sneak attacks, no stretching Regal, no kicking Yoshi hashis **** head in, no need for interaction, just two lads who think they're the best having a clean contest to figure it out, sometimes the match is the story.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭ThePott

I do agree that the Forbidden Door booking leaves a lot to be desired, I don't know if they've done enough to sell the NJPW guys. It's also pretty much stalled a lot of the regular AEW stories which hasn't helped matters.

Yikes, the Rampage number is rough. How are we feeling about Rampage lately? I'll admit that I've not bothered to catch-up with it 2 out of the last 4 weeks. I've said before that it felt like a show that's unsure of what it should be and I think it's slipped into irrelevant for a lot of people which is a shame. Thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,004 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Bit of a Kenny tease in BTE this week. If he came back to challenge Jay White, that would make Forbidden Door worth purchasing for me.

As for.Rampage, it's way too predicable, there's no real stories as part of it and it feels like Dark nowadays. 4 matches in an hour with ads just means multiple squashes.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Yea, Kenny's hopefully coming back at Forbidden Door and he's probably teaming with Hangman (Hangman was looking for brooms on BTE). Putting them against Cole and Jay White maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Imagine not wanting Danielson/ZSJ because there's no story 😂 Even though it has been building for longer than four days if you actually watch. Knew it would be on Boards!

The SJC crew mentioned Omega this week too, but still said it's unlikely... would be some return pop though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,944 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I think they need to make rampage two hours and treat it like dynamite, especially with the size of their roster now(e.g Raw/smack down) . I do agree it hasn't been that strong as a show for a while now, yes you get at least one decent match but everything else seems rushed to get people on the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

Rampage is Hookhausen show since they never get any time on main show.

I always enjoy their segments on Rampage each week.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Just a note - I opened the Fite app and saw I could get Forbidden Door for free cause I have "Fite Credits" after paying for other PPVs :) So happy days.

Does 1 credit = €1, do you know? Think I have 16 credits but the PPV is 17.95. So close if it is haha

I wasn't even too pushed on getting it but I'd take it for free. I think credits expire after 12 months as well.

I mean there's probably a ton of AEW fans who've no idea who ZSJ is or even if they've heard of him they've never seen him wrestle before. The amount of people who probably watch NJPW and AEW is probably a minority of the fanbase.

The match will be great but it still could have been done a lot better.

• Advertisement

I actually have 14 credits and the PPV is 16 credits FFS haha

I totally forgot about my credits but can you only use them through the app?

Also just noticed that Forbidden Door is cheaper than their other PPVs by a little bit too.

If you're an AEW+ subscriber it's 20% off the PPV.

Just saw that on Reddit. Nice added incentive alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,282 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Absolutely delighted

I had enough credits to get Forbidden Door PPV for free

Alvarez saying Danielson will be out for a while and will miss FD and B&G. If that's true, not sure why he's got a segment tomorrow night as him coming out to say he's injured will just deflate the crowd.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,944 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Possibly, which will be disappointing then. I wouldn't advertise that if I was doing that.

With how many seem out of FD so far, it is looking disappointing.

Really need something big being announced tonight as so far it's basically Mox Vs Tanahashi. NJPW need to be sending more too. No mention of anyone like Shingo or Naito, who both should be available, yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Hoping Danielson/ZSJ is confirmed and for an LIJ appearance, even just Naito.

Obviously more appearances before now would have been great but I think for the people complaining about the build (fair enough of course) they should maybe keep in mind that New Japan have had shows running from after Dominion up until yesterday, which Okada, Naito, Shingo, Ishimori et. al have all been wrestling on. They couldn't all come over in fairness!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I don't think any one was expecting them all to come over but there will be a lot disapointed if Okada especially doesn't come over

• Advertisement

If Okada doesn't show up having Hangman mention him was a serious mistake.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Tony said they won the Friday Night War though?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

They kinda deserve that rating for how much of an after thought the matches on there are and the predictability of the results. 4 Forbidden door matches to be announced on Dynamite. Hopefully they'll deliver!

Post edited by Cherry_Cola on

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Can I ask a genuine question ? What exactly is it you have against AEW ? the majority of comments in this thread in particular are very derisory towards it and anytime something bad happens your the 1st to put the boot in , it's a genuine question , I'm not a fanboy of either of the big promotions just a big wrestling fan I just find it odd.

What's the point! Maybe use one of the 100+ people on your roster instead of a ROH midcarder, and give them some TV time. A loss to Hangman won't hurt them.

I really hope the rumoured ROH PPV in July isn't true and we don't have ROH people showing up for the next few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,784 ✭✭✭hynesie08

If Silas young isn't coming out to don't stop believing then I don't care.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

The promotion itself is fine, not perfect but it's better than WWE.

It's Tony Khan and the arsehole section of Reddit/Twitter fans I really dislike.

Anyway, why the fùck do you care if I do criticise it? It's not a big deal if I don't adore everything about the show. Scroll on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,303 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Who do we reckon is facing ZSJnr now? Any clue in danielson referring to his replacement as 'amazing '

Felt Okada looked very slow in that segment, he seemed a bit off

Wonder will sasha be the latest "baddie" only to turn on jade after and eventually end the streak

• Advertisement

I think it'll be Cesaro, which great cos it's Cesaro, but as a fan of guys like Page, Starks, Hobbs etc, it does feel disheartening when AEW keep on bringing in new people and not pushing their longer serving members.

Advertisement