Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I think Singh's advantage is that he was a basketballer and probably already has decent limb strength and flexibility in comparison to other giants in the ring. He's not great, but he's certainly not groan-inducing when you see him like Khali. It'll be interesting to see what he does when he isn't in squashes with Jay Lethal.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,288 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Isnt it amazing 2.0 were barely having a look in on NXT and they come to AEW and they've exploded. I suspect they never saw themselves head lining all these shows but they've picked up the baton and boy they arent letting it go

Fair play them. They've also done great stuff for Garcia too

• Registered Users Posts: 60,614 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I wonder Dutch make an appearance now is old boys are facing off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

I guess this means The Acclaimed are now babyfaces which I have wanting for ages.

They should be really in tag team title mix in my opinion, one of the best AEW home grown tag teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Great to see Wardlow get the win in decisive fashion, should be good to see him running through people for a while as champ.

Not the biggest fan of Christian but that turtleneck screams heel and he's had a few nice darts on the mic recently, good stuff. Dark Lucha looks great.

Fyter Fest and Death Before Dishonor shaping up nicely as well, Eddie/Takeshita should be tasty too!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

What do ye make of the Christian promos as regards them being 'cheap heat'? I've always been a huge fan so I'm biased, but imo when he says these things they come off as genuine for his character, he is a self absorbed slimy heel so of course he will go there about someone's family and personal life. He's also got a great delivery in his promos too, says them with conviction rather than in the "oh look how naughty I am" way

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

They are cheap heat. You can't wrap dead Daddy/alcoholic brother lines up in nuanced character work. It's lazy shock value writing and that's fine for wrestling. This isn't "prestige television."

You flip a coin when using material like that. You'll either get boos or groans. If you get boos, job done.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,080 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I see another former WWE champion made an appearance in the form of former North American champion Leon Ruff.

Looks like Adam Cole will be out for a good while from the concussion he got at Forbidden Door.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,004 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Bit of a meh episode. They seemed to mess up timing wise as that main event was short.

Also, JR needs to go. I know he's a legend but he doesn't have it anymore. Giving him his own entrance is just ridiculous too.

• Advertisement

I think it's also in the delivery too. It's low-hanging fruit, but it's engaging and if you do it right, it feels like the "you were all thinking it, I'm just brave enough to say it out loud" which I think is the real trick and proper heel stuff. Christian was right to call BS and say "oh suddenly you're his friend?" so we'll see where it goes. Do we have an ETA on JB's return?

The Acclaimed are finally Face and that's cool. I think they can run a decent feud with the Guns for a few weeks to (w)rap it up ;) (sorry, not sorry). Ruffin's made a few appearances now on AEW screens and they've avoided putting him over as a former US Champ, can't imagine why ;)

Wardlow and Scorpio Sky had a good performance. I think there'll be some tension between Sky and Lambert/ATT and that could run into another angle for all concerned there.

The JAS bit with Ruby - Ruby didn't even have her hands in position when queued up, so a little sloppy, but sure we'll get there... Claudio v Hagar will be fun I'm sure. I wasn't following wrestling at all when they were a tag team, were they any good?

Dark Order doing their thing was fun and Uno talking about the remaining members not going anywhere. Credit to QT again for doing his thing and if you wanna talk about cheap heat, then try dissing Mr Brodie Lee in Rochester :)

I enjoyed Mox and King match too, definitely elevated King a bit and Mox having to choke him out to win offers some protection. Looks like Miro is gonna start into the House of Black now, so give us Lana v Julia Hart soon :D

• Registered Users Posts: 38,354 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

summer 2023 ladies and gentlemen

Did AEW start house shows yet ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,785 ✭✭✭hynesie08

You should try actually reading the article.......

Another former AEW star made their Impact debut this week

Alan Angels had a X Division title match

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

To be fair the article doesn't say anything about whether they are doing house shows elsewhere. They're not as far as I know, on any kind of regular basis anyway, but you wouldn't get an answer from that article.

On the other hand if you wanted a list of movies "where moviestars really did it" then one of the clickbait links underneath it will tell you apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Between this and the news yesterday that STARDOM wrestlers will be appearing in New Japan US rings from now on it's surely only a matter of time. Give me Giulia on Dynamite please!

Stardom were asking for Britt and Rosa a while back I would love to see how they would utilize the character of DMD as her in ring wouldn't be at Stardom levels.

Didn't AEW do a non-tv show before the pandemic as a "test the waters" for house shows? I think it's probably fair to say that travelling to the UK with all their broadcast gear won't be a picnic, but something in the off-season at Craven Cottage has been a rumour or wishful thinking for a long time :) I don't know what sorta numbers they'd do, but the stated capacity for Craven Cottage is just shy of 19,500 which isn't too outlandish. London based too which is definitely a help.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭ThePott

They had one house show ever called The House Always Wins. I don't know if they see the benefits profit wise with house shows.

A UK show would be amazing though, that I'd travel too no doubt.

London would be an easy get to destination for a lot of fans around Europe there and I doubt there would be a price hike on flights or accommodation like was seen for the WWE show in Wales.

I could quiet easily see them sell 20k to 25k at Craven cottage espically if the utilise alot of the British and European talent not tied down to WWE.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,004 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I just can't see it with Stardom. With NJPW at least they had men who can equal or if not better than best there. Stardom is miles ahead of AEW talent wise. Even their more mid card workers like Starlight Kid, AZM, Natsupoi etc are miles ahead of a lot in AEW, never mind when you get to Utami, Syuri, Mayu etc. It's just too imbalanced.

Kingston vs. Jericho in a barbed wire death match with the rest of JSA suspended above the ring in a shark cage announed for July 20th Dynamite

With the Gresham turn, I was trying to think who all from RoH has been signed by Tony and are they al heels now?

Penelope Ford added to list of out injured.

Stardom working with AEW and Stardom talent due to arrive in the US for NJPW Strong this could be a way for Tony to sign Mercedes KV

To be honest Tony should try and sign Trinity if she is up to working outside the WWE.

I'd expect Saraya to show up at some stage as well.

I hope Paige and Naomi aren't signed. I think Naomi is completely overrated and can't stand Paige. Would much prefer to see Dakota Kai and Candice LeRae signed over them.

Sasha would be a massive get for the womens division though.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,288 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I'm hoping with this new ROH PPV they'll announce a tv deal

Be nice to separate the brands at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 38,354 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Really enjoyed Takesda and Kingston was a banger, really enjoyed it. Glad they've finally got to Deeb v Martinez at last and I didn't hate the main event, Neese probably needed the lift, but they didn't need the faff around it (and I'm a Danhousen fan).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,785 ✭✭✭hynesie08

As soon as takeshita is available full time, then need to lock him down, I've made the great muta comparison, but you can also point to taijiri in ECW as well.

I would genuinely put the belt on Kingston at Arthur Ashe, and then immediately have MJF or Punk return and beat him, Tommy dreamer in ECW style.

Advertisement