Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,080 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Penelope Ford returned on this week's Elevation. First match since January. She interacted with Kip. So Kip must be due back soon with these teases, for anyone who misses him. Still don't understand the box thing.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Just starting Elevation now - Daddy Magic on commentary with Excalibur!

• Registered Users Posts: 60,616 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Hopepfully, give me Danielson/ZSJ in the Dome please!

Not a great look for Paul the Saviour or the Fed, classy as always.

Wonder who it was? I'd guess Cole or Swerve!

• Advertisement

Wonder if Tony asked to be notified if it happens, the person just decided to let them know or if they were using it as leverage.

As someone suggested, it could also be Regal.

And I wouldn't say it looks bad for anyone as it's not exactly uncommon for companies to go headhunting. I'm sure Tony & co just sat around waiting for everyone to come to them, especially when starting out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭ThePott

I was going to say, contract tampering in wrestling seems very blatant half the time.

I don't believe for a second that people that were on the outs with WWE or on the way out the door didn't get a DM from someone at AEW, even as just a friendly, how's it going message.

Then again it being someone from talent relations with WWE is a bonehead move. Cole and Swerve seem like the obvious ones alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,785 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Didn't Cody openly admit to texting people who were in WWE? And others said they joined after getting messages about how green the grass was?

Also if wrestlers are independent contractors, how can it be contract tampering to enquire about their rates?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,554 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Unless someone was specifically requesting contracted talent to break their contract then this is just your usual dirtsheet non-story. There are no rules at all in wrestling saying that one company can't contact another company's talent and ask when their contract is due to expire etc....

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,944 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Ricky Steamboat is the special timekeeper for Dynamite tonight, I've off tomorrow so might try stay awake especially for the Trio's and Danielson/Garcia matches

• Advertisement

Sure its only dirt sheet story they lie and just make things up no one in the WWE made contact with any full time contracted AEW wrestler about jumping ship.

Does dynamite kick off at 1?

Good opening promo from Punk and a decent pull apart with Mox

That was Awesome between the American Dragon and the Dragon Slayer pure pro wrestling at its very best

Wow Punk vs. Mox next Wednesday night!

The God of Pro Wrestling Kenny Omega here and so is Don Callis.

I'm guessing shenanigans to cause a rematch at all out.

Wow Holy sh1t Holy Sh1t from Dragon Lee on Omega

Damn what a Trios match Dragon Lee out cold when Omega lift him for the One Wing Angel.

Wow Andrade and Rush unmasked Dragon Lee at the end of the match.

I love Eddie Kingston the Irish is definitely coming out him here

Felt bad for him when Matt didn't shake his hand. Made Matt look like an a$$hole. But yeah he seemed to be out of it at the end so surprised they went through with what they did. And strange place to cut off.

Hope Omega was ready to come back and they didn't rush him. I guess the AEW schedule allows people to ease back into it more tan a WWE schedule would.

I know Punk had to call out Hangman but it just made Hangman look bad for no reason.

Speaking of making someone look bad. Varsity Blondes losing to Gunn Club in very little time. Why not use a jobber team? Even those teams last longer against Gunn Club on Dark.

Great match with Bryan and Garcia. Now to see if he leaves JSA. I'd say he stays though Bryan or Regal will probably interrupt.

I remember thinking before Punk made the comment to him, that if you want to challenge Moxley to a match you're guaranteed to win you should make it a First Blood match.

• Advertisement

I was about to say the same thing, why would they let him call out Hangman for no reason, it did him no favours. Aside from that I loved the opening promo between Punk and Mox. Don't think we needed the second pull apart really but still great. Assuming next week's match is shenanigans and leads to the real deal at All Out.

Omega got such a superstar introduction it was amazing to see, totally working people with the injuries and slips, can't wait for the day he turns up the throttle to win the trios belt. That being said I think that barricade spot looked very reckless, especially with someone just back from injury. Garcia/Danielson was an absolute banger, even though I'm pretty sure the shoulders weren't down for the second fall. Garcia turning on the JAS is the right call, he has more potential than that stable.

One thing I have to say is, we now have two Dynamites till All Out and it feels a bit sloppy. I know we can guess parts of the card but the build is a mess. So far the announced women's match feels like an afterthought, outside of "they're friends" and why in the hell is Wardlow and FTR in a totally throwaway 6 man tag. The TNT title now hasn't been defended on PPV since the last All Out, they've done nothing of note with Wardlow since he beat MJF and people wonder why the title feels meaningless. FTR are one of the hottest acts in the company now and you have them in some pointless Pinnacle reunion. Feels like a good way of cooling down what should be some of your big acts.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,785 ✭✭✭hynesie08

That being said I think that barricade spot looked very reckless,

There's 3 to 4 of these spots every week where someone gets launched into a guardrail and they're going to know all about it when an audience member gets hurt and isn't willing to take a meet and greet as compensation and sues the bollix outta them.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I always assumed it's plants in seats during those spots.

I wouldn't think so. I know there was a show in Mexico where Rey Fenix kicked the owner's wife in the face on a dive. One of the people at the barricade looked like a kid.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Any Wrestling show i've been ever at where these crowd dives happen it always seems to be regular folk who are pretty much told get ready to get the hell out of dodge

Kenny's the best, great to have him back.

Eating good again with Omega, Dragon and Punk's return, just another great show of pro-wrestling from AEW!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭wayne040576

Apparently he went off script when he called out Hangman. Nobody was expecting that.

Saw that, while I enjoyed promo it's also weird how much he went after Moxley. Especially with the old rule being that you shouldn't say your opponent sucks because if they beat you what does it say about you.

This is what Sean Ross Sapp is reporting and he notes that some think Punk has voiced displeasure blatantly. At a certain point if this is true, you have to just assume Punk is the problem. Would also explain why the match was moved up in case they are worried Punk might be unpredictable.

On the other hand, I assume it's a work. Could also see this being the point that Punk might 'leave AEW' with the belt like a reverse of the MITB 2011 but this time as a heel.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

WCW "shoot" shíte or yet another instance in a long list of Punk being a dickhead.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

I enjoyed the Moxley and Kingston part of the promo, they might have been 'shoot' lines but they were still pretty good, Moxley got his chance to fire back, Eddie's character could survive any abuse and it's always nice to see Kofi getting some acknowledgement :D

But the Hangman bit was just weird, you can't call out a face like that and then call him a coward, that's not how wrestling works. The guy you call out is always there within a few seconds, titantron coincidentally lined up. A dastardly heel might do it when they've just hospitalised their opponent or it's been advertised to everyone that the face isn't in the building, but to not have the face show up makes him look like a bitch.

Maybe it's a work and it's definitely got everyone talking about Hangman again at least, but instead less people are interested in Moxley-Punk now, and it's not even clear if anything will happen between Punk and Page. Isn't Page supposed to be involved in the trios angle? If it's a work, it's a pretty **** one.

Advertisement