Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,554 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Captain Insano was Bobbys favourite wrestler in the movie and inspired him throughout it. Big show wants a final run and so this is Tony giving into him to appeal to another incredibly niche smark group of fans. Another colossal waste of his dads money to entertain a minority of the audience.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

It could be a bit of craic, some people seem to take this fake fighting thing way too seriously.

Got tickets for the Seattle show today via the Kraken season ticket portal so should be fun and will be nice not having to fly across the country for it once. Royal Rumble ticket secured for Jan too so should be a fun start to the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

• Registered Users Posts: 60,616 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

God damn I Love Eddie.

Eddie needs to win a title next year in New York on TV or on PPV.

**** me, I forgot Big Show was even still there.

I thought Insano might some fella from New Japan or something.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,944 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Agreed, I'd love for him to win then mjf to cash in his chip for the ultimate heel move

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I think Danielson wins the belt and Mox gets to go on his postponed holiday. I think they run MJF Danielson for the next 2 PPVs cause MJF can do his usual, "you gotta go through my gaggle of bastards before you can get to me" except this time it's him using Stoakley's crew to deliberately try to injure him so MJF faces a beat up and held together with duct tape Danielson

I think The Acclaimed win the belts and we then get Swerve v Lee at Full Gear.

Storm probably retains the women's belt, not sure what sort of match it'll be.

Pac Cassidy is hard to call, Pac suits that belt because he's "home" in England and across Europe reasonably often, but they might have a change of plans now that he's part of the Trios and all the plans there have changed.

Claudio beats Jericho I think, but there'll be shenanigans to keep the BCC v JAS thing simmering till the PPV.

Not many more matches announced, there's a lot happening Friday (and they have 2 hours to fill, so good stuff). Maybe Mox and Danielson go for 30+ mins?

Jericho wins and they announce ROH TV/Streaming deal with Jericho the face of ROH for six months till he drops the belt to Garcia or Yuta.

The GOAT of pro wrestling is now The OCHO of pro wrestling.

Listen Listen Listen the new AEW tag team champions The Acclaimed

Scissor Me Daddy Ass!

• Advertisement

Wow Mox is your new AEW Champion!

That was amazing I could watch those two wrestle all night long

What a great show from start to finish.

No holiday for Renee now

Thought the show was fine. Acclaimed/SIOG was never going to top the previous encounter and it was an expected result but good for them.

Hayter going back to Britt's side is terrible. Good chance to get her over tonight and it was blown.

Also, Danielson should have won - I like Mox but I don't ever get excited for his matches anymore.

MJF was great. I enjoyed Jericho winning though he doesn't need to at his age but it could be a ploy to put more weight behind an ROH TV deal. Maybe Garcia to take it from him eventually?

FTR looking like bitches in that Gunn Club segment too.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Mox winning is both a surprise and not a surprise, I guess.

I presume they didn’t want Bryan to be a transitional champ, and the plan is to get the belt onto MJF pretty quick. Probably Full Gear. And Bryan would be hurt a lot more by a short reign whereas Mox has just had one anyway, and is so super over with the crowd, it won’t matter.

If and when MJF wins, I hope they have a longer reign though. Feels like it’s short reign after short reign now.

Thrilled for the Acclaimed. Two originals for AEW who built themselves up slowly and naturally with the crowd, are unique and a great act, crowd love them. And Billy Gunn got a pop for a FamAsser in 2022 😂

SRS spoiled the Saraya return which was a shame. Also didn’t help that they had the camera men on the ramp pointing at the face tunnel while Baker and her crew did the beat down, lol. But Saraya looks really clean and good, and she’s someone who has been unbelievably over during her career. She’s also still only 30. Very interested to see what an in ring return looks like for her.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Those titles were a long time coming for The Acclaimed. Them and probably Sami are the most naturally entertaining guys in wrestling.

I hope they verbally eviscerate Bald & Hair in a feud.

Wade Keller reporting that Punk is done and his contract is being bought out soon.

Nice little payday for Punk there he reportedly signed a 3 year deal on $3m a year and worked one year of that deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭brick tamland

Buying him out rather than firing, in a hope he doesnt sue them I presume

• Advertisement

Why would he sue?

He allegedly threw the first punch and his best friend bit another human being.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭brick tamland

If he was physcially/verbally threatened by Executive Vice Presidents he have a fairly solid case. It wasnt some other employees, it was the suposed bosses who allegedly bust into his dressing room and started the row, before punches were thrown. Maybe its an agreed pay off to suit both sides, who knows.

If punk was fully at fault he'd just be fired, with no multi million pound pay off

Ah poor worked up wrestler works himself into a shoot and baits other wrestlers into shouting at him then throws punches and chairs breaking one of the EVP's nose and his best mate bites another human being.

Punk is his own biggest Mark.

Life in AEW behind the scenes seems would be a lot better and more releaxed without him there so it seems best for all to just buy him out of his contract instead of putting him gardening leave for the next two years and not using him with everyone gossiping when will Punk be back.

Buy him out of the contract he is done and gone and everyone can move on no gossiping or wondering will he return.

There may not be enough evidence to fire anyone in a worked business trying to prove whats a work and whats not a work blends reality

• Registered Users Posts: 86,450 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is Paige cleared to wrestle again, I forget how young she still is, she could have been a good GM or mouthpiece manager of a tag team in WWE, Ronda manager

TBF to Punk he got more interest in AEW so nice pay off now for him

I expected Bryan to win

• Registered Users Posts: 29,080 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

When Athena did that move, I rewound it to double check and knew Britt was injured.

So how long until Britt brings up Saraya's past issues? Had her return spoiled on me as well.

Is it me or is Tony only worried about popping a crowd. Like not taking away from the matches but it's at the point where I expected them to miss Saraya coming out so they could show the crowd/Britt instead. Also it just looked strange with her in the ring on her own like that. Think it just went on too long.

Glad to see Acclaimed win. Not so much for a Jericho win. BCC now down to 1 title and that was guaranteed going in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,554 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Life in AEW behind the scenes seems would be a lot better and more releaxed without him there

Don't forget he's not the only one that's not there and life is better without.....

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

She was the GM for a while on Smackdown and I remember she was booked like a sensible boss. It was weird but in a good/interesting way. You don't usually see level-headed authority figures on-screen in wrestling.

Anyway, Big Sexy hasn't forgot Punk criticising his injury troubles...

• Registered Users Posts: 86,450 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Ratings down compared to last week. That's gotta hurt a bit. Jeff Probst is a certified draw 😂

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

The issue is that both sides are going to have claims to be in the right, so it might be cheaper overall for Tony to buy out the contract than spend huge amounts on a legal battle that could last for ages. Regardless of who people think is right or wrong, it looks to me like both sides made mistakes in how they handled the situation (albeit I think the line Punk crossed was drastically worse, hence why he’s going to be the one shifted out while the Elite are just suspended temporarily). Easier to spend the money to buy the contract and have a clean break from the drama, rather than months and years of stories. Especially if the contract buyout comes with an NDA too.

Oh snap, thought Survivor wasn’t back until next week 😂

Advertisement