Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Darby Allin Vs Jimmy Havoc announced for Wednesday night, winner gets a title shot.

I think it’s stuff like this is we’re the wins/losses talk makes no sense like if it did I mean pac should get one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

sky88 wrote: »
    I think it’s stuff like this is we’re the wins/losses talk makes no sense like if it did I mean pac should get one

I'm pretty sure he will.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

Maybe they need to define it a bit better. Wins/Losses, match of the night, streaks and matches to fit a narrative.

rizzla wrote: »
    Maybe they need to define it a bit better. Wins/Losses, match of the night, streaks and matches to fit a narrative.

cody trying his best to do it but i think they need to just say sports based as one of these guys getting a shot before Pac doesnt make any sense whatsoever when he beat omega & page 2 of there biggest stars

https://twitter.com/CodyRhodes/status/1181260026272456705?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 60,629 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

You should have wrestle at least more than one match to get a title shot or half the roster would be getting one.

The whole win/losses won’t start to look right until it is in double figures for each wrestler.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭ThePott

The wins/losses works in theory with a small roster but it quickly leads to issues.

It's fine if you were booking a long-term story and establishing contenders but for people outside the title picture it becomes a mess eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 dannocasey

First episode with the dark matches from last week is online

https://youtu.be/qaTJDgOPS2I

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

dannocasey wrote: »
    First episode with the dark matches from last week is online

https://youtu.be/qaTJDgOPS2I

Really enjoyed the Darby Allin/ Chima match up

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Yeh good show, enjoyed that, huge win for Allin over a Puro legend in CIMA. The multi-men tag matches were pretty good too, the womens match was thrash though.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Somedaythefire

Looking forward to watching Dark later

• Advertisement

The tag division could do with an old fashioned slap mouth team as the ones they have at the moment are all basically Young Bucks lite

It was good. Matches were great but I think JR was super tired in the 3rd hour, Excalibur really carried the commentary.

Wonder if the show will develop further or just be match after match.

And with that the Young bucks are out of the title picture. Great match. Another hot crowd.

One of the best matches of the year I though.

A good few empty seats.

Jericho is just amazing. Havoc vs Allin, this is gonna be crazy.

Edit: Not the match I thought they would have but it was still very good. Crowd was a bit quieter but I guess after the tag match and that promo they needed a break.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,375 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Dean Ambrose vs Tye Dillinger

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Davy05

PTH2009 wrote: »

And Husky Harris main evented HIAC smark :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

PTH2009 wrote: »

Jon Good vs Ronnie Arneill

Kenny Omega vs Janella on the Dark show is supposedly amazing.

• Advertisement

Darby Allin really over with the AEW crowd, gotta say I am becoming a big fan myself

i will gladly never see tye dillinger/shawn spears/ ronnie arnell or any other names hes gone by on my tv screen again

darby looked amazing really got sold on him last night

i will gladly never see tye dillinger/shawn spears/ ronnie arnell or any other names hes gone by on my tv screen again

darby looked amazing really got sold on him last night

I did not see the point of Spears go up against Moxley, that is heel vs heel if anything they had a great opportunity to do a Omega/Cody vs Moxley/Spears tag.

Having said that when Cody went over Spears at the last PPV that basically killed any momentum Spears had.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Another great show, AEW are killing it so far. The Bucks/PP tag match was brilliant.

Allin has a likability and the IT factor and a great real life back story.

Not sold on Inner Circle stable name.

Great to see the Elite putting themselves over every week as well. :P

Edit; Also the pure joy in Tony's voice when he asked is that move now called Vader Bomb :)

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I'm pretty sure he will.
    rizzla wrote: »
    cody trying his best to do it but i think they need to just say sports based as one of these guys getting a shot before Pac doesnt make any sense whatsoever when he beat omega & page 2 of there biggest stars

https://twitter.com/CodyRhodes/status/1181260026272456705?s=20
    You should have wrestle at least more than one match to get a title shot or half the roster would be getting one.

The whole win/losses won’t start to look right until it is in double figures for each wrestler.
    ThePott wrote: »
    The wins/losses works in theory with a small roster but it quickly leads to issues.

It's fine if you were booking a long-term story and establishing contenders but for people outside the title picture it becomes a mess eventually.

Maybe we fans should have some patience and let them build there story lines before jumping in.

Pac's promo this week was about this.

Why are these guys getting stuff before me.

Maybe we fans should have some patience and let them build there story lines before jumping in.

Pac's promo this week was about this.

Why are these guys getting stuff before me.

we are wrestling fans patience is never a strong point for us

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭ThePott

I agree, I just wonder about the wins/loss as far as long term goes.
    Loved the product so far though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

2 out of 2 so far, I'm really loving this show , Tag match was amazing , jericho's promo was excellent aswell love in particular how we destroyed the We the People Chant

Interesting stuff going on with Pac/Omega and Moxley

Can't wait for next week , haven't said that about a wrestling show in a long time

Advertisement