Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,847 ✭✭✭kksaints

Didn't seem like any of the promos worked this week really. The Saraya promo in particular seemed dire.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

That's probably the risk of AEW's more lax approach to scripting.

Saraya was a brilliant GM who got massively over with the fans as a face, but maybe her strenghts are in a HIGHLY scripted environments.

I feel like an idiot here, but what is the OCHO stuff with Jericho? I know it's something to do with the 8 world titles, but can't quite figure out what the Ocho bit is, lol

• Registered Users Posts: 4,554 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Gotta love everyone praising Jericho being ROH champ and bringing eyes and attention to the title and brand while staying conspicuously quiet about Claudio being pushed to the background again when AEW was going to be the chance to show how WWE truly wasted him because he was obviously over and just waiting to shine while WWE held him down......I mean they were gonna build the promotion (ROH) around him weren't they?

Disclaimer: I like Jericho but he didn't need the title and his 'i can get anything over schtick' is wearing thin for me at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,847 ✭✭✭kksaints

Ocho is eight in Spanish so something to do with that maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

They've given Saraya a three year deal apparently so surely they must have something in mind for her other than have her talk for three years? Maybe she'll be able to come back for occasional matches.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Moxley bleeding again. Someone should explain "diminishing returns" to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,616 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Jamie Hayter is over like rover.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,303 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Jamie hayter chants drowned out the whole segment, should have her take the title off jade or toni and build the jealousy angle with britt

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Jamie's great. I'm a big fan. Hopefully they make full use of her.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

How on earth are they not pushing Jamie Hayter to the moon? She's monumentally over. Saraya's promo wasn't good. The whole show was kinda clumsy and I think the hurricane put everyone a little on tilt.

Yuta restored himself a bit after being verbally battered by MJF last week.

I kinda felt like Danielson should have been a bit more 1-sided against Daddy Magic, but it was fun. It's cool what they're doing with Garcia. Big shout out to the purple suits and matching broaches for the JAS :D

Mox v Juice was decent but ffs can someone take the blade away from Mox?

• Advertisement

Will HHH ask and would Tony agree to let Daddy Ass appear next month on the DX 25th anniversary live RAW.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,080 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

They need Hayter to turn face. Looking at last night when the women came out for Saraya it was 3 mainly Dark competitors in Willow, Skye and Madison. Apart from Toni and Athena it's just Shida, isn't it?

Then again the only ones in the heels are Hayter, Britt, Penelope and Deeb, while Nyla, Shafir and a couple others are mainly on Dark. I guess Anna and Tay are in there somewhere as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,449 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

She needs to turn on Britt whose name rhymes with sh!t, awful cringe promo by SaraPaige

990k viewers this week and 9th in the ratings this week so just under the million mark which is pretty damn good all things considered.

10 of the top 12 shows were on the weather channel and the top seven were clear winners on the weather channel across all demos.

Great to see AEW, WWE & NWA all be on the same page and invite Chris Nowinski in to talk with talent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Interesting note on poor ticket sales coming out for upcoming shows. They seem to be going back to the regular wells too often now and people aren't forking out for it as easily. They've sold 779 tickets for their Atlantic city show in November and I'm sure GCW will have more than that at their homecoming shows 😅 Seattle one of the better selling ones so I guess we might get a full west coast tour if it continues like this.

Bandido offered a fulltime contract according to reports.

They really really need to get programming for ROH so they can divide up the talent.

Was just looking when they're there and I just seem to be able to see tickets for AEW Rampage. Are they running separate shows that week? If so I can see why people aren't rushing out to buy tickets and will likely wait until they see what matches may be there

They're running a lot of separate Rampages in the next few months. Demand is weak overall - Toronto Dynamite sold very well quickly but the Rampage tickets are being given away almost at 6 dollars a ticket. A few factors at play there for sure but Rampage has been weak overall in terms of anything meaningful for a while which doesn't help things.

I'm surprised he doesn't just turn Rampage into RoH for now. I suppose can't have Jericho missing Dynamite.

I see next Friday's Rampage is called Battle of the Belts.

• Advertisement

I think there's both a Rampage and Battle of the Belts show. Which is another thing, I remember the excitement when Tony first talked about the TNT specials figuring we'd get some nicely built up matches in between PPV stretches. Instead it's become a series of heatless title defences and I don't even know if a match has been announced for it yet next week.

Will Wardlow even get a title defence at it I wonder? They're wasting him at the moment too proving they don't know what to do with guys once they have the belts. His stuff with Joe is interesting but he should be in more singles and doing the open challenge he spoke about.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭ThePott

As far as ticket sales, it definitely seems to be running the same markets too often. For Rampage apparently it isn't on television in Canada so that's a potential reason for lagging sales.

Battle of the Belts has been such a letdown, sounded like it could be something worthwhile but it almost immediately underwhelmed and then got no better with a lack of build, can't even remember if I watched the last few.

As for the TV ratings, the number itself is fine but if you look at the quarters, they lost a significant lead-in, possibly not the best opening to this week's Dynamite.

I think as well that Tony is relying a lot on outside talent instead of using guys he already has. Like we had Juice Robinson this week. I know WWE does it as well so oth the likes of Brock and Goldberg and in that case it's usually to attract more people. But is there anyone who knows the likes of Muta and Juice that isn't watching already

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

• Registered Users Posts: 9,785 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Aew are in Newark when I'm in Chicago and Chicago when I'm in New York, never gonna see HOOK now.....

Would have loved if they didn't advertise the 15 minutes extra and did the usual, "We will stay with this match until we have a winner" and actually have it go long. I know it would never happen and isn't practical but God it would be cool.

Who's main eventing? Hope they don't start bleeding expecting to finish at the normal time.

If all these lads want out and go back to the WWE so bad why don't they offer to buy themselves out of their X amount of years contracts they were very happy to sign last year.

Here Tony is the couple of million you guaranteed me over the next X amount of years I no longer want to work for your company.

Hey HHH I will need double the money you offered me so I can make back the guaranteed money I just paid Tony Khan because you wanted me back so much.

Oh yeah and HHH I will also need the freedom to work elsewhere when not scheduled to be in a main programme and not have to pay you any % of that money.

Seems that AEW has lost their tv coverage in South America aside from Brazil. Sounds like the commentary has been a big issue and common complaint from Latin American fans and nobody did anything about it. Seems like a real blunder, also awkward timing considering it's Latin American Heritage Month.

• Advertisement

Not sure what happened with that post but as an update to that

Be interesting to see if it pans out that way, wonder if Latin America will pay extra for the streaming option.

Advertisement