Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I guess the legal mess is, as Neil said....did Steel feel provoked? Meltzer said the issues are that one party isn't cooperating with the investigation, and is threatening to sue.

So, realistically, if Steele and Punk are saying they were in their dressing room, The Bucks and Kenny storm the room, a fight ensues and Steele was defending himself....if it's a he said/she said, then legally it's a bloody mess, and everyone is going to be sitting at home until it's settled.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,616 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

AEW now have a working relationship with Noah

Noah is owned by the same company that owns DDT & Tokyo Joshi

So AEW now has a working releationship with all major the Japaneese wrestling companies.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,080 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Haven't watched yet but looks like Cutler had a match on Elevation last night anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Regarding "provocation", that in and of itself may not be enough to justify such actions. Steel would instead need to argue that he was acting out of defense, either of himself or someone else (and even that's all down to interpretation of state law).

I'm intrigued by which party is unwilling to cooperate with the internal investigation though. There could hypothetically be motivation on either side:

Team Punk: suppose they threw first, know they can't claim self defense, went overboard and caused serious injury to Nick and Kenny. Probably best to say nothing and lawyer up.

Team Bucks: suppose they have doubt over possibly kicking things off (e.g., even with a push/shove), and fear the investigation could wind up costing them their positions as EVPs (or employment outright).

You'd have to imagine it's the former, as a company couldn't abide by EVPs refusing to cooperate with an internal investigation, and Bucks/Kenny would surely be fired by now.

That said, if the injuries are serious and AEW feel they have any liability, they might be taking their time to get every duck in a row before acting.

A bloody mess, as you say!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,554 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Lads AEW is still a pro wrestling company which means Carny rules apply, and at heart Tony is still a huge fan, so normal company rules will never apply. Also, would be pretty safe to remember that Meltzer is huge buddies with the Elite boys so nothing can be taken as impartial from him when it comes to this.

Post edited by savemejebus on

• Advertisement

Was just thinking when will we see the first "Rise and Fall of AEW" video on youtube?

On another note, I see Shida's bringing 2 titles to the ring with her now.

Daddy Ass will be 59 in a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,448 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The Acclaimed are no longer allowed to do the "Scissor Me" gesture before, during, or after matches.

Mark Sterling announced tonight on AEW Dynamite that he has trademarked "Scissor Me" and if The Acclaimed and Billy Gunn use the phrase in any way then they will be sued. 

Sterling said that he's willing to work things out with them so it looks like there will be a stipulation announced at some point where The Acclaimed will have to win a match in order to use the phrase and gesture again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

It is amazing to see someone like Billy Gunn have a little bit career resurgence.

• Advertisement

Happy for Orange.

So how long until the "Jungle Boy" part is dropped now they're using the Jack Perry name?

Didn't they already do that short face turn but still a heel with Luchasaurus?

So is Mark Sterling just trademarking everything now? Probably be title vs trademark. He's also trademarked "Varsity" so the Blondes cant use it anymore.

Speaking of the Blondes, I noticed last week that at least one of them seems to be getting a little SAWFT around the middle. I know I'm not exactly one to talk about gaining weight but wonder if them getting out of shape is part of the reason why think their last 2 matches have been pretty much squashes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Tickets for the Rampage taping tonight are going for 6 dollars Canadian. Surely a sign they need to up the quality of the show.

Sure let's looks at the matches. I assume Elevation matches will be recorded as well, or are they at Dynamite?

• Jon Moxley & Claudio Castagnoli vs. The Butcher & The Blade
    • Ethan Page vs. Isiah Kassidy
    • FTR & Shawn Spears vs. Brian Cage, Kaun & Toa Liona
    • Nyla Rose vs. Anna Jay

And for any of you who have wanted to see Topanga from Boy Meets World scissoring someone. Hmm, NSFW warning required?

That was a class episode of Rampage some great surprises all around.

Interested to see where they go with Adam Cole now The Kingdom are here.

The Kingdom without the Impact titles. Guess they'll be losing them in the coming weeks. Taven's jeans made it look like he had an accident.

I see Spears has finally dropped the Chairman moniker and back to his Perfect 10. Though 10 from Dark Order was doing the 10 fingers thing during his matches.

Speaking of Dark Order, Stu is back with them. Not sure if 10 will leave or not. Is everyone doing matches with contracts on the line these days?

Dynamite back to the same night as NXT next Tuesday. I assume due to some sports coverage.

No Sammy or Tay with the JAS this week is Sammy serving a quiet suspension like Kingston was a few weeks back.

Maybe I missed the explanation but what's the hand signal JAS does?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,684 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

8 Fingers for Jericho's 8 World Titles. The Ocho!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I'm really enjoying Swerve's work at the minute, I feel if they pushed him in the main event scene, he could get over huge.

He's great on the mic, damn exciting to watch in the ring, both selling wise and on offence, and seems he plays the part of either the villain or face very well also. I hope to see them separate him away from Keith Lee and push him out more front in future, his showing against Billy Gunn was great.

Reports this evening that Discovery/Warner Bros have ordered a behind the scenes AEW documentary or docuseries that will start filming next month.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,944 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Thank god they didn't start at All Out 👀👀

Frankie on Dark without his Impact X-Division title.

No idea who the Jedward wantabes The Voros Twins are but damn they were over with the crowd and did an ok jobbing to The Buther & the Blade.

The Bollywood Boyz they have a full Indian faction now if they put them with Satnam Sing and Sonjay Dutt.

I was thinking that since AEW they use Universal studios film in for Dark it might be about time they start to film ROH there and put it out as a Youtube show while waiting for a streamimg deal.

Or try to sell it to a streaming company for international airings.

Looking at the commentary teams and backstage interviewer and all the talent under contract Tony could put together a two hour show for nearly every night of the week.

ROH 2 hours - Youtube till they get a Streaming Network/TV Deal.

AEW Dark 60/90 minutes - Youtube

ROH Dark Evolution 60/90 minutes -  Youtube

AEW Dynamite 2 hours - TBS

AEW Rampage 2 hours - TNT

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Yep, I hope he could bring in someone else to help with booking and run them all as proper shows (like raw/SmackDown/ECW were), there's enough titles to go around too.

All the jobbers getting the great reactions were "local talent". The Jedward ones are apparently big on tiktok as well according to commentary.

Athena was even getting booed and she had no problem playing into it. Her opponent took some punishment but had a good offence as well. Athena throwing her from a suplex type position to the outside was crazy.

Lethal wasn't impressed at not getting to compete.

At least they mentioned Kaz was X-Division champion. Wonder if he lost it in tapings but is still champ as far as weekly viewers know. Will they also mention Bennett and Taven as champs?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Post edited by Lithium93_ on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭ThePott

Tony has said to Sports Illustrated that there'll be news soon on the weekly ROH show. That they're hoping to do one more PPV in 2022 before a weekly show in 2023.

Didn't say much else and maybe it's all bluster but certainly the closest we've gotten to an update in quite a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,288 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I was just thinking that buying ROH was such as waste of money but if we're finally get a weekly show, hopefully we'll get it off AEW

I just want them separate at this point and look forward to watching a weekly ROH dedicated show

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭ThePott

Same, I want them to be separate. I'd have no prob picking up a ROH show, as I haven't been checking out Rampage lately so I've got a slot free.

I really hope too that Tony doesn't book ROH, he has enough to work with and having a different booker might make the show feel a bit more distinct. I'm not sure how likely that is though.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Glad I saw the statement before I watched the match, cause the way he landed and the aftermath was grim. Didn't even look that bad of a spot. Just a freak landing, I guess.

MJF is incredible, and that promo with Regal was just....wow. Guy is going to be such a massive babyface.

• Advertisement

I'll spoiler my comments in case people weren't aware that Dynamite was on last night instead of tonight

-First, going by reports online it seems Hangman suffered a concussion. They were quick to react and stop the match.

-Riho makes another return. How often has she returned now, showing up for a few weeks then disappearing again?

-Regal's good. MJF had the crowd turning against him only for him to just smile, take it and have no problem giving it back.

-We've said before about the number of titles in AEW, but one thing I also find annoying is carrying other promotions' titles. Like FTR or Shida. It's probably part of the deal, but with a company with so many of its own titles, seeing someone with a belt the first thing is to try and remember what title they have. No problem introducing them as the IWGP champion or whatever but no need to carry them. And yes, I know they earned the title so maybe want to show it.

-Sammy set to fight Bryan next week so guess that's his return

Advertisement