Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Hopefully he can stay awake this time.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Can’t say I disagree with this one bit. Good riddance CM Punk.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Hangman Page should've retained at Double Or Nothing, and the eventual ensuing **** show would've totally avoided. But it's easy to say it now with hindsight.

Said it ages ago. Khan, being the pushover he is, allowed him to come in and blast his way through 3 of AEW's young guys/originals in 8 months to become world champion.

HHH's promo aged like wine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

The matches weren't even great either. They were fine for the most part but nothing you'd really go out of your way to watch. His initial AEW debut was a great moment. I was marking out as much as anyone else and he seemed so genuinely happy to be there but it was just a convenient truth that it was all everyone else's fault that he'd been away so long. Once the novelty wore off for him he reverted to his old, difficult self.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,409 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Nah, Page's title reign had become tiresome by that point and Punk was red hot at the time. It was the right thing to do even with hindsight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

AEW has a real problem booking champions, overall I think Miro's TNT run, Cody's mystery challenger TNT run and even the short Brody one we got were the best they've done.

Hangman is a better babyface chaser than an actual champion.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,684 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Even his chase was ultimately a bit rubbish... it was really good a few months before he got the belt, but then with his extended absence it cooled off, and when he came back they rushed it in the end. They needed to reset it a bit and start building again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭ThePott

Agree, I think people really overlook the fact that they pulled the trigger too late. I know he went away for paternity leave and that's great but they missed the moment a little. AEW have a consistent problem in general of telling a great chase story but not being able to keep their champions interesting.

• Advertisement

Yeah, like Mox right now being totally overexposed. Him fighting every week isn't a good thing... like on Dynamite, we have this thing of the Firm giving him a beat down, and all the commentary is like "Oh no! He's never going to be 100% in time for Full Gear!"... and then he's fighting again 2 days later, and is totally fine.

Or having all these tournaments, and chip cash in things, to get a title shot etc - the weight is totally taken off them when lads are just getting a random title shot anyway. I love Penta, but there's no real reason he should've had a title shot last Wednesday. Or the Brody King, or Rush defences a while back. Like, why bust your ass to win some big tournament thing, or some ladder match, when if you hang around for five minutes you'll get a shot anyway.

Yeah they've thrown some of the logic out the window which is something they were good at. The rankings especially are underplayed more and more nowadays and some of recent title defenses are fairly out of nowhere.

Yeah, I went to take a look at the rankings earlier - they stopped updating them in August it seems!

Due to clocks changing here this past weekend, Dynamite airs at midnight Thursday, instead of the regular 1 in the morning.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Surely at this stage cancelling rampage would be for the best.

Showbuzz Daily reports that this past Friday's episode of AEW Rampage on TNT was able to draw a total of 378,000 viewers, with a rating of 0.12 in the key 18-49 demographic. This is down 21.25% from last week’s 480,000 total viewers.

Last Friday night's 0.12 rating is down 7.69% from last week’s 0.13 rating. Last Friday's 0.12 rating represents 158,000 viewers in the key 18-49 demographic, which is down 7.05% from last week's 170,000 total viewers with a 0.13 rating, reports Wrestlenomics. Last Friday night's AEW Rampage episode drew the third-lowest total audience of the year so far for an episode on the normal 10PM timeslot and the second-lowest key demo rating of the year so far for an episode on the normal 10PM timeslot, which is tied with three other episodes.

World Series stealing viewers as well as bases! Seems to have been the biggest Game 1 audience in years too, so everything else is taking a hit.

As far as cancelling the show goes - it's basically a shot to nothing as content. With most episodes being taped after Dynamite, its additional production costs are pretty much nil, so whatever eyeballs it gets are a plus. I'd like them to do more with it, but as it is, against the cost of production it's doing fine.

Post edited by ~Rebel~ on

• Registered Users Posts: 29,080 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Well AEW just let everyone down this week. The biggest rematch everyone wanted to see was due to air this week but for some reason it didn't happen.

Brandon Cutler Vs Peter Avalon was meant to be on Dark this week after being advertised last week.

I guess having Fenix Vs AR Fox as the main event changed that.

Maybe Swerve and Fox will team up again at some point after their Lucha Underground days.

Elite return or maybe related to the former ROH champion answering the challenge?

Does it involve the lights going out?

Tony probably leaked it himself since he didn't want to be blamed this time when it's not as exciting as he claimed.

• Advertisement

Adam Cole return is my guess.

Debatable whether that is "something big" though.

"There IS a Khan who's co-CEO of WWE but it's not Nick Khan"

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,944 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Does dynamite kick of at 12 our time?

I'm really hoping it's McGuinness as the challenger for the ROH belt.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,616 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Double J.

You can only laugh, absolute shite.

I can't understand what they think he offers that they don't have already.

Lol Colt so we know Punk won’t be back now.

Lovely Trolling.

I can take or leave Colt but it's a bold and direct two fingers to Punk.

• Advertisement

Shibata nice.

Advertisement