Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54,288 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Don't blame you

Vanilla has destroyed the soul of boards

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

It's a real pity cause there's no decent alternatives out there if you actually want to discuss wrestling.. Reddit is good for news but say anything that goes against the favourite promotion/wrestlers of that particular subreddit and all you get is downvotes

• Registered Users Posts: 4,554 ✭✭✭savemejebus

So it’s like here then except without the downvotes

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭ThePott

I agree, not exactly spoiled for choice on where to discuss wrestling, pretty much the only reason I come to boards and I am glad there are people posting on here with differing opinions, I enjoy reading them and debating with them, I feel those just get buried on Reddit.

Even though I'm not massively enjoying AEW right now, I am happy there's people still enjoying it, was worried that there was no discerning opinion on it right now. When all is said done, a viable alternative to WWE is to the betterment of everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

UKFF.com is great and a good few Irish on there too. Really good discussion, some funny posters and anyone acting the bollocks is dealt with easily. Highly recommend it. Boards has gone to the dogs overall.

On AEW - used to watch every week live but find myself doing less of that now - lack of story is really hurting it for me. If I want to see quality matches I can get that in a lot of places - need something to invest in. AEW's beginning was so much more intriguing - the Elite vs Inner Circle, Dark Orders stuff even was good craic. The ball is being dropped on too many champions as soon as the title chase is over - they need to book champs better as interest fades as soon as they get the belt these days - Kenny being the main exception for me - him and Don Callis running riot was great and exciting at least.

• Advertisement

Moxley with his weekly blade job. So **** stupid. Takes away completely the whole wow factor of someone getting colour.

Every feud is practically heatless, it's awful. Mark Briscoe was probably the best part of the whole thing. Swerve needs to be front and center, a proper compelling character and I'm sure they can get a good story going for him rather than limiting it to Rampage. He can lose the lads too.

Really hope the show gets a shot in the arm soon, it's badly needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,080 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Was just wondering, who is the most TNA/Impact type signing they've made. Like someone who probably wouldn't have been signed if they hadn't been in WWE? I'd say more at the beginning than recently, like Shawn Spears.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Petermc83

bobby Fish and Kyle o Reilly.

• Advertisement

Saraya, no WWE and she'd still be working for her mum and dad

Think Parker Boudreaux would count as well, coming from NXT.

Swerve's other guy must have watched Prison Break and is stuck in front of a mirror trying to read a hidden map in all his tattoos.

So how come some of Jade's matches are just a qualifier match for the title and others are for the title, like this week. So what number will they stop at and finally have her lose? I notice they even include her tag matches which I find stupid

• Registered Users Posts: 8,409 ✭✭✭Riddle101

All things considered, Saraya is better as a heel than she is as a face so it was smart of Tony to turn her after the negative reception she got when she made her debut. She didn't exactly help things either when she would lash out at the fans on social media even though she was a babyface. I'm not saying I'm a fan of her or anything, just that if she is going to be an active member of the roster then it is probably best she plays the heel. Her personality just screams heel to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,303 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Agree with the previous post regarding Swerve,he's a great heel and generates heat easily...AEW need to be creating new championship matchups and main event players instead of the usual rinse repeat scenarios

Parker boudreaux and tattoo dude need to be cut ASAP.. boudreaux is honestly one of the worst things Ive seen on any wrestling brand..just watch the aftermath of swerve v Dustin Rhodes to understand why

Another former NXT debut on Dark with the former Chase U student Bodhi Hayward now under what I assume is his own name of Brady Booker.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Moxley is going to have a forehead like D-Von or New Jack by the time he's 40.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

According to WrestleTix, the event has sold 6,869 tickets so far. It now has 2,957 left to sell. There are less than two weeks left before the premium live event, which is certainly alarming now.

Above is For AEW Revolution. To be fair I’m not surprised it’s been a terrible build to a PPV and I have no interest in seeing MJF in an ironman match that he will no doubt win via shenanigans.

Yeah, he has rapidly devolved into the same boring crap as his Dean Ambrose years now for me. Blood in his (and largely all AEW)matches feels meaningless.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭ThePott

Well colour me shocked that I enjoyed Evil Uno vs Moxley. Seeing Uno bleed was surprisingly effective, him spurting blood while being choked was especially effective. Was just as shocked that Moxley wasn't bleeding... and then he was haha. OC and Yuta was decent, other than that it was better than previous weeks at least although the announcement from Tony Khan was overhyped as they seem to be more and more when they are promoted.

As far as Revolution, it blew my mind that it was like a week away. I've complained about the builds to PPV before but this is a new low tbh. So many matches that are either reheated feuds or barely built. Are they seriously giving us Elite/House of Black on a week of a build or have I missed something? Joe/Wardlow is fine but I think Wardlow going away and haven't the Darby feud briefly hurt the feud for me. Jericho/Starks is a bafflingly booked feud that has made no sense and is a total waste of Ricky, this has done nothing but damage him.

I am invested in the Mox/Hangman feud even if the start was a bit shakey for me and I am interested in MJF/Danielson even though it's been a bit hot-cold and an hour long match is totally unnecessary.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,004 ✭✭✭✭titan18

It's actually really hard to be interested in AEW atm. I've found the last few months an absolute chore watching it and have just started skipping Rampage. WWE having some excellent stuff going is hurting it a good bit but it's mostly down to there being nothing good going on atm in AEW. Every feud is a bit boring

Watched the Swerve podcast yesterday and was just thinking, how amazing would heel Swerve vs face Kenny be? Kenny comes back from a big injury and then the Punk hiatus, kills it in the Tokyo Dome and is back to just doing trios matches that again have no hook to get invested in. Apparently it'll be them against HOB at Revolution - feck all intriguing build to it really.

They could do worse than give JJ the book and let him run with it a little - he's been great since back.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

How long did they get the rights for Wayward Son? Maybe they're keeping the titles until they can't use the song anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,004 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Ya, sad thing is they could be doing so much more. Like it's actually impressive how well they've managed to kill all the momentum of some of their talent. Like of the "4 pillars", MJF is arguably the only doing well and he's been boring since he won the title tbh. Outside of those, Starks has got stuck in the Jericho loop, Hook has disappeared, Wardlows momentum is completely gone, Kingston has done nothing on AEW a while bar a weird HoB thing.

Its just been really weird booking for a long time now. Not sure there's one wrestler on the roster being used to their max.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Officer999

What sums AEW creative up for me is they have Miro sitting at home doing nothing because they can’t find anything for him. Staggering

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Again, it’s been reported many times that Miro is turning down ideas. He even got in a snit with Meltzer on twitter when Meltzer reported it (not denying It either)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

One idea wasn't it?

• Advertisement

Hook was suspended in storyline so that's one part they explained anyway.

Advertisement