Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

He's actually got a title defence tonight, in fact there's a lot of the rarer seen talent on tonight, and it does look like a good card

Post edited by riffmongous on

• Registered Users Posts: 29,080 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Bryan not being PG.

Komander put on a good show. Be so easy for him to slip off those ropes.

The ending to the Battle Royale looked bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

I was surprised straight after the show there wasn't a Komander is All Elite graphic on twitter, he had a great showing. That Blue Thunder Bomb he took from the ladder looked amazing.

The Texas Deathmatch, I feel like they have to push the boat out on that one and it's gonna be scary.

Not a fan of Keith Lee coming back only to be teamed with Dustin Rhodes.

Always enjoy seeing Riho.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,441 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Eddie gone kayfabe or for real

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

• Advertisement

If that was the plan, it seems kinda stupid considering everyone knows RoH is owned by AEW.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭ThePott

I mean it basically comes off as when someone quits Raw and ends up on Smackdown tbh.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Wrestlenomics reports that the March 1st episode of AEW Dynamite brought in an average overnight audience of 833,000 viewers. They scored a .27 in the 18 to 49 demographic. This was a big drop in viewership after so many tuned in for Tony Khan’s big announcement.

Considering that was the go home show for a PPV has to be worrying.

I have the feeling that the go home episodes never seem to do particularly well when it comes to ratings, must have a look at the numbers later.

The PPV card looks very good anyway imo, I know it's because of the 60 minute match but to me this looks like a much better organised card than usual, if the Jericho one was bumped down to the pre show I'd consider it perfect. All your main belts plus a handful of grudge matches, you don't need any more.

https://preview.redd.it/3uycobvo7vla1.jpg

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

The tag match seems random though with the 4 teams. It should have been a straight up rematch between the gunns and the acclaimed.

• Advertisement

Yeah, putting in OC and Danhausen is a bit weird too, I do like them both normally but it completely changes the seriousness of the match.

I personally hope Christian doesn't lose, I know it will lead to TNA comparisons but in this case I really think he is just much better than JB JP

Smackdown out drawing a AEW PPV. Yikes.

Why it isn’t clicking with the audience is strange. Grant it this has been the poorest buildup to a PPV in a long while but it will still deliver with in ring talent.

AEW storylines aren’t great and have gotten stale and repetitive but you can’t take away from the in ring work.

Revolution has the great appeal of a MJF 60 minute Iron Man match and a match where we'll likely get to see Mox bleed.

Looking at wikipedia, it has the below matches on the preshow:

• Lucha Bros + Mark Briscoe vs Ari Daivari, Josh Woods + Tony Nese
    • John Silver + Alex reynolds vs Claudio and Wheeler

Main show:

• Christian vs Jungle Boy
    • Jericho vs Starks
    • Elite vs House of Black
    • Hayter vs Saraya vs Ruby
    • Mox ve Hangman
    • Joe vs wardlow
    • Gunns vs Acclaimed vs JJ/Jay Lethal vs Danhausen/OC
    • Bryan vs MJF

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I think the problem is a lot of these matchs or a variation of them have been done on Dynamite and Christian Jungle Boy stuff because of injuries feels like it's going on years

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Yep, it's why I'm struggling to be that interested. The problem with giving away amazing matches every week on TV is that the PPV shows suffer as a result

Tbf to AEW they limit the amount of PPVs per year so it's less of a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Least excited I've been for an AEW PPV in a while. Bought it with VPN on Fite anyway to have on in the background at least - 20 quid is worth it, def not the 50 they want here for it.

I'm oddly looking forward to the Jungle Boy match the most now, love buried alive matches and could be a good boost for him if it comes off well. Double screening it with the hockey and then the Last of Us after to round out a nice relaxed Sunday evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,288 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Preshow has started on Youtube

• Registered Users Posts: 31,684 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Jungleboy V Christian was pretty fun - suitably dramatic finish too.

Christian is such a great heel... hope they can use him suitably to elevate someone else next.

Thoroughly enjoyed that trios match. You'd forget how good House of Black are in the ring, when they're not droning on about stuff. And The Elite never let ya down for a performance. Not quite up there with the best of the Death Triangle series, but still very strong stuff.

Surprised with the finish, but makes sense to keep the division interesting.

• Advertisement

As an aside - only 1 women's match across the whole card. That's absolutely shocking, and really speaks to how poorly they've been using what is quite a decent roster of talent.

Show is really over-delivering so far for me. Hot crowd really helps too so will be interesting to see how that energy holds through the iron man. Agreed on the lack of women's matches too - surprised Jade didn't get anything.

Feels like they're repurposing the storyline they'd had lined out for Punk and the other former WWE guys against MJF and the AEW originals to use for the women instead.

Post edited by ~Rebel~ on

Yeah, there's a really great momentum to everything so far, the whole show just surging forward with a great atmosphere - keeping that energy going over an hour long match will be tricky.

Pacing was going great but the tag match is likely better here rather than two back to back 'serious' matches. Crowd def feeling it now.

Iron man will need some good moments to keep it interesting 😅

Fun MJF entrance 😈

wow... was very unsure about an hour long match, but I thought that was excellent. They handled the ebb and flow of it really well for the whole ~70 minutes it lasted - kept the tension held, and kept me glued to it. Right result too I think, MJF still has more potential as champ if they use him better.

Show blew my expectations away. As weak as the tv product has been there is lots to take from this and be optimistic about I think. Every match delivered and the show was excellently paced overall. Hopefully a nice reset on a few things now on Dynamite and a few new stories to look forward to.

That was a brilliant show, with some fantastic matches.

Never a big fan of Iron man matches but by the end, I thought it was brilliant. The Deathmatch was right up my street too.

Most important thing, for me, was several matches felt like blow off matches, that allows creative to move in new directions. Jungle Boy can move on from the Christian feud, Starks can move from Jungle Boy, Wardlow can fully engage in a feud with Hobbs and HoB winning the titles allows Elite to possibly move on from that division a bit too. Mox should be taking some time off after that match too (I know he’s been overdue a holiday) and maybe allow Page to move into an MJF feud?

Great show overall.

• Advertisement

Also, Bryan busting out his first Yes chant in AEW right at the end was a brilliant way to keep the crowd hot at the end, and put MJFs win as a heel over perfectly. It’s so easy to forget just how good Bryan is, cause he’s so, so good, he makes it look effortless.

Advertisement