Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,944 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Yea omega vs ospreay, with will getting the win would be electric.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,349 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Jesus you're going 'All In' (I'll get my coat)

Definitely good idea booking hotels/flights in advance

Watching Rampage, Julia Hart's theme song + entrance is class I have to say.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Yes. We have re-signed with AEW," Harwood confirmed. "If you think...Vince has officially been back in charge since right before WrestleMania? If you think that we put pen to paper as soon as that happened and Tony (Khan) made all the adjustments as soon as that happened. I don't know if you understand how business or contracts work. If you think we went into the building Wednesday night with no contract signed and said, 'we're not going to sign unless you give us these belts.' You're so short-sighted. I said on the podcast months ago, we knew what we wanted to do and everything was getting fine tuned. We knew way before Vince came back in charge what was going to happen. Yes, we have re-signed with AEW."

• Registered Users Posts: 9,784 ✭✭✭hynesie08

So, probably 80-150 for Midrange seats, I could probably be tempted to spring that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,611 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Billie Starkz has signed a contract.

SRS saying there’s Punk new coming today, and Dax Harwood has quotes out there about Punk being desperate to come back to wrestling.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

The news is Punk wants to come back and is prepared to work with anyone, anywhere. Allegedly. But the Elite aren't so keen on working with him. He'd come back all humble but before long he'd be kicking off about something else. He can't help himself.

SRS: CM Punk has told AEW in recent months he wants to return to the company. He's expressed a willingness to work in a number of ways....including with the Elite.

[Fightful] In the CM Punk article, it's also noted that AEW has made progress on getting Kenny Omega and The Young Bucks to sign new deals with the company.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,282 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

It's hard to see any truth in this tbh when we read what CM Punk had to say on Instagram in recent times.

Surely if you want back in you try get on the good side but Punk being Punk just causing havoc again. I love CM Punk but he's far to much trouble for what he's worth. If he came back he'd be ticking bomb and until something happens again

• Advertisement

Punk on Instagram

• Registered Users Posts: 8,409 ✭✭✭Riddle101

I still think it's all a worked shoot with CM Punk. Like he's spent his entire career doing this type of thing, blurring the lines between reality and fiction. He did it in his Ring of Honors days, he did it in WWE during his feud Jeff Hardy when he brought up Jeff's drug addiction, he did it with the Summer of Punk storyline when he threatened to walk out of WWE at Money in the Bank, and it feels like he's doing it now.

I strongly believe Punk will return and begin some kind of big storyline that leads to a war in AEW where you have wrestlers siding with Punk, and wrestlers siding with Omega and using Punk's Media scrum shoot as the basis of the storyline.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

• Registered Users Posts: 12,004 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Could do without Punk, and Jeff Hardy who's returned as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

100% agreed on that. I fanboy for him, but he's a textbook narcissist. Anyone who has ever experienced one in their lives should be able to recognize the signs.

I think it looks like they've reached the point where they're turning the shoot into a work, but there's no way they thought up that whole mess of a night on the fly to cover for his latest injury. They've just realized that Punk/FTR vs Omega/Bucks is going to absolutely print money, and is probably the absolute biggest main event for that UK show they could muster.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭ThePott

There's no way it's a work, if it is then it's the dumbest work of all time considering it made the company look an absolute mess and derailed so many plans. Not saying it won't become one some day. That being said I think if Punk was for sure coming back to feud with the Elite we wouldn't be hearing about it non-stop from the dirtsheets, this sounds like Punk or FTR trying to shift blame to the Elite if the match doesn't happen.

Dynamite was alright. OC/Buddy match was awesome as expected as was Darby/Swerve and enjoyed Sting's promo too.

Something has to happen with this women's storyline, so far it's rinse and repeat and the Outcasts are getting boring. Having Hayter get beaten down immediately and then having Britt beat them all was a strange choice too considering she's not the champ.

Also thought the Jericho/Lee main event was pretty meh.

As for Jeff Hardy, absolutely done with the guy at this stage. Have no interest in seeing him wrestle at this point and his own health and sobriety seems to constantly be in peril when he wrestles.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Matt is basically a hunchback, Jeff looks in agony all the time in the ring and has well-publicised issues. I would say I feel sorry for them but they've made their millions, if they retired they'd still makes mega money on cons, merch and probably other WWE/AEW residuals. Fúck knows why they're still going when they're in that state and seemingly financially secure. Khan only keeps them around for the pop their entrance music gets.

Well there was talk that he was going to put the belts on them before the DUI stuff, heaven forbid if that happens.

The footage of Don Callis' head being wide open has to be the most gruesome shot I've seen in pro-wrestling. Showing it being pulled openby the medical staff was rough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,872 ✭✭✭ebbsy

That MJF / Darby / Sting segment was just great.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,872 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Since Britt lost the title the wheels have come off I think.

I honestly feel like the wheels have been more off than on with the women's division in general.

Any time it feels like they have someone new to give it a shot in the arm they are quickly pushed to one's side. There's rarely any real story to the women's feuds, they're wasted.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,079 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I preferred the Cole/Lee relationship being a bit more pouncey. They're going back to Lee/Swerve? Thought that was done.

Jeff Hardy just paints chairs in case he might need to run out with one after being away for so long? So who brings up his problems first this time?

I can only assume Britt will be turning on Hayter since previous times had them come out against The Outsiderscasts together but this time she got her own entrance. I know it's been said before but it's always funny when people don't come for the save until their music hits.

So Swerve has joined The Embassy due to discount Brock and tattoo guy not working out?

• Registered Users Posts: 54,282 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Ya I don't want to see Jeff Hardy on my TV tbh

Fightful.

• Nothing is set in stone and things can change as this is often a tumultuous situation.
    • As of today, the working plan has been for CM Punk to return to AEW at the June 21 Dynamite in Chicago or at least around it. There were also pitches to announce it well ahead of time.
    • CM Punk has been hoping to work with The Elite, however there's been no contact between both sides. The last Fightful heard was that The Elite were not keen on the possibily of working with him.
    • Punk has been trying to push for a meeting between everyone but so far Fightful doesn't know if any progress has been made on that. Fightful also notes that The Elite are in the middle of negotiating new AEW contracts. There was also a meeting planned between CM Punk and Chris Jericho to see if working together is a possibility.
    • There's been more traction inside Warner Bros. Discovery about the announcement of a prime time Saturday show, designed as a soft roster split to accomodate talent who want to stay away from these particular situations. Talent have heard of this Saturday show but heard nothing on Punk's return.
    • Again, this is not set stone and anything here can change.

Jesus, I like CM Punk more than most people but for the love of God enough already, bring him back or don't, sick of hearing about it.

The one thing I definitely don't buy is that WBD are making a Saturday show for people who might want to avoid Punk or whoever, that sounds like absolute nonsense.

Loved the Sting promo. If his retirement is set for Wembley, I hope they have something big planned.

The outcasts stuff is the worst. I said at the time that Saraya was a **** signing and it's proven right. She can't wrestle regularly and involved in this shite. Nothing to do with Dynamite but another signing I said was **** is Taya Valkyrie and she's looked abysmal in every match so far.

I think Swerve is brilliant and hope he's pushed to the top.

Looks like it's Cole vs Jericho at the PPV. For the love of God just have Cole win and then there's nothing with Jericho moving forward.

I see a lot on Twitter posting dream cards for Wembley with a load of British talent. I don't think the British fans give a **** tbh and would rather see big stars than someone like Kip Sabian getting a match. Hayter, Pac and maybe Osprey is more than enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,079 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Do people really care about Punk anymore at this point?

Out of the people who don't watch AEW, how many are they expecting to get after the few weeks spike around his return?

Like is he really worth the potential headache and poor morale?

Advertisement