Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,628 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Private Party vs Lucha Bros was a fantastic opener.

Omega announced as AAA Mega Champion and clip shown of him winning it however he didn't bring a belt to the ring with him.

Who wears a scarf :) Brilliant from Jericho.

Just found out tonight that Adam Cole is Britt Bakers other half so those to are competing against each other tonight as well.

Jamie Hayter has left NXT UK for AEW.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

This has been a great show so far, main event should be quality!

• Advertisement

Mox vs Pac was great and that was the right ending as well.

The first draw of the AEW era.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

She got Stephanie'd by the equally inconsistent character that is Brandi Rhodes. AEW really needs to sort out their womens division. They definitely have some talent in it but the likes of Brandi & Leva Bates will drag it down to their level if they wrestle anyone who isn't a Tessa Blanchard level talent, who they don't have. Even Riho would flounder as shes probably never wrestled anyone that bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

ERG89 wrote: »
    She got Stephanie'd by the equally inconsistent character that is Brandi Rhodes. AEW really needs to sort out their womens division. They definitely have some talent in it but the likes of Brandi & Leva Bates will drag it down to their level if they wrestle anyone who isn't a Tessa Blanchard level talent, who they don't have. Even Riho would flounder as shes probably never wrestled anyone that bad.

that backstage attack was so strange especially with brandi and the interviewer

the womens division hasnt kick off great the talent is definitely there to have it great not helping that they generally only have 1 womans match and than whatever brandi is doing

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Cody annoys the **** out of me , 4th show now and the company is well standing on it's own feet and he brings up WWE again , just stop the segment itself was great

Another good show though, the 3 tag matchs were excellent

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

Watching on Fite was pretty cool. After it went off air Pac was gonna beat down Moxley. Omega ran out for the save. Then Hangman Page set up himself vs Pac at Full Gear.

Great show again. The commentary is really starting to gel. Matches were fantastic and that Jericho/Cody angle was brilliant.

• Advertisement

Tony is so good for a guy that has been away from wrestling for the guts of 20 years he doesn't seem to miss a beat and I love when he isn't sure about something a new move name etc he throws it to Excalibur instead of trying to buff it.

JR is slowly getting back into the swing of the thing also after been off the week to week commentary for so long as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

The Rock N' Roll Express
    will be presenting the AEW Tag Team Championships to the winning team of said tournament next Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Thought that was another great show, glad to see the Lucha Bros won, they would make great first tag champs. Private Party are good and have lots of potential but Fenix and Pentagon are the best team in the world so had to win. AEW tag division is really stacked between those two, the Bucks, Santana & Ortiz and SCU.

Moxley/PAC was really good too, much prefer the time-limit draw finish rather than a bs finish, as it's established in AEW so makes sense to use it. Also loved that they acknowledged Omega winning the Mega Championship, adds a dose of realism for me that it wasn't ignored.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Jericho is an absolute riot & was a perfect choice to be their first world champ.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Great show. I love MJF. Had no knowledge of him at all until ALL IN and he's completely won me over. He's next level and plays it perfectly. Jericho is ridiculous and the fact he's getting it done in 2019 and not feeling out of place is a testament to the man.

As said, the tag scene is dope as hell. It's honestly something you can't take your eye off for ten seconds. Private Party will be big players in the future.

There's probably probably scope for a mid-card/upper mid-card/tv champion in there somewhere down the line such is the talent of their roster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Jericho grabbing the crutch off that crippled fan was glorious

• Registered Users Posts: 29,084 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

When that video for Wardlow started, I thought Marty Scurll had been working out.

JR and Tony both pointed out how the first tag match was pretty much all spots for the first while, which I did kinda agree with.

Jericho is great. Good to see they hired WWE's directors for the camera work "Ok, there's DDP. He's about to do his signature Bang! so we'll cut to the crowd"

The Brandi attack was weird and made me wonder what happened with Awesome Kong? She was involved in 2 PPVs, I think, yet nothing since.

Was a good show overall. And fair play to the Young Bucks for being able to compete after those vicious superkicks from Orange Cassidy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭Monokne

CastorTroy wrote: »
    The Brandi attack was weird and made me wonder what happened with Awesome Kong? She was involved in 2 PPVs, I think, yet nothing since.

Kong's back is f*cked and has been for years. She can't really work. She'll only be in sporadically and won't do much. Apparently her primary role their is working with Nyla to get her up to scratch with performing the monster heel role.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Just found out tonight that Adam Cole is Britt Bakers other half so those to are competing against each other tonight as well.

One appearance in April (or that's at least how I'm reading it on her wiki) hardly constitutes leaving now. :pac:

Hayter is an interesting get all the same. The quicker Vinnie's days of hording talent is over the better. Hager put it quite eloquently:

http://www.pwmania.com/jake-hager-opens-up-about-wwe-stars-being-lost
    “They want you lost in there so they can control you. They don’t control me anymore. Now, I’m finally being portrayed in the way I always should have.”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Thought Hayter was much more impressive than Baker, which isn't too surprising as she's done some really good stuff in Stardom.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Davy05

CastorTroy wrote: »
    When that video for Wardlow started, I thought Marty Scurll had been working out.

What's Marty's contract situation like? Is it likely he'll show up at any point down the road?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

One appearance in April (or that's at least how I'm reading it on her wiki) hardly constitutes leaving now. :pac:

Hayter is an interesting get all the same. The quicker Vinnie's days of hording talent is over the better. Hager put it quite eloquently:

http://www.pwmania.com/jake-hager-opens-up-about-wwe-stars-being-lost

i hate when people like hager say this when he got his chance and blew it constantly so many people dont get the chances he got there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

Regarding Kong, she seems to do a lot of the media stuff with them too. Which is smart, general public will probably recognise her more from Glow.

Jaime Hayter was very good. If they introduce a women's tag division I could see her and Bea Priestly as a team.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭LibSuperstar

rizzla wrote:
    Regarding Kong, she seems to do a lot of the media stuff with them too. Which is smart, general public will probably recognise her more from Glow.

Jaime Hayter was very good. If they introduce a women's tag division I could see her and Bea Priestly as a team.

Just the other day I saw her on Access Hollywood along w/ Jericho. I was thinking good coverage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

Mox vs Pac was great and that was the right ending as well.

The first draw of the AEW era.

Ending was great I thought, protected them both

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sirmanga

I still don't know who the heels and who the faces are.

sirmanga wrote: »
    I still don't know who the heels and who the faces are.

Quick/basic:

Heels
    Inner circle
    Pac
    Lucha Brothers
    Nyla
    Bea
    Spears

Faces
    Elite
    Jurassic express
    Rhodes Brothers
    Riho
    Britt

Tweeners
    Mox
    Cleaner/Kenny
    MJF

More importantly imo they are not using the method of heels and faces per se

Kenny blurs the line most of his career but AEW appear to want a lot of blurred lines in this regard
    I like it and it adds a different dimension to it

Mox v Kenny will have fans hot for both of them

Thought Hayter was much more impressive than Baker, which isn't too surprising as she's done some really good stuff in Stardom.

Baker is very green

Sadie Gibbs was in a dark match, 4 way

Her, Bea, rhiho and Haytner are who they should be focusing the womens run on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Officer999

Jericho is absolutely killing it at the minute.

Not a fan of his in ring work but he’s been the star of AEW Dynamite so far.

Advertisement