Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,607 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Hopefully that ending now leads to the arrival of a Golden Lover.

"Buddy Murphy acts all ominous when he is getting cucked by a kid called Dominik"....I nearly chocked laughing.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Jesus Jay White and Ricky Starks are an absolute afterthought. Jay white has been booked like a nobody since signing.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

After the battle royal. Obviously didn’t sell enough burgers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

They're resting on their laurels with White as I suspected they would.

He would have been better off taking a chance in WWE.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,077 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

How was Kommander still in the match after eliminating himself?

Surprised no one was injured when Cage jumped on the ladder.

As much as I liked seeing Aubrey get the guitar, I was wondering is Tony paying Karen to be there as well or is she just there with Jeff?

Bigger explosion from the shoe than when a whole ring exploded. So is Takeshita and Callis part of BCC or they their own thing?

Is Sammy still part of JAS now that he's apparently a face. And not like Tay was doing anything anyway so congrats to them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭ThePott

Bit of mixed bag. Possibly one of their worst PPVs but they have such a high average that it wasn't necessarily bad. Crowd weren't great either.

The battle royale was decent and liked the ending a lot. Jericho/Cole wasn't good, it was a bit of a mess. Sabu being there was even more pointless than expected and the ending was a weird. Honestly think Adam Cole in general hasn't been all that good in AEW, agree even more that Jay White has been wasted and feels like just some guy when he could have been a main event talent. The tag match was a bit whatever, somehow Karen had the best spot with the guitar. The ladder match was okay, not great, Arn biting Luchasaurus was great and Wardlow's swanton was impressive. The women's title was a mess, I know Hayter is injured and they wanted the title off her but even more surprised how much damage she took if that was the case, just a pointless match, the division in general is a mess really, at least it wasn't Britt.

House of Black match was quite good, even if it wasn't the most exciting bout. The rap was awesome, I still feel like the Acclaimed have really been cooled off lately and this didn't really help that feeling. Jade surprisingly had one of the better matches, crowd was really into it and think she looked good and the match looked rough in a good way. On the other hand, mixed feelings on Kris, delighted she's back and that Jade isn't champ anymore but ending such a long reign like that seems wrong. Actually seems quite heelish (I know they're going to say it's Jade being too arogant, think she should have cut the promo instead of Mark in that case) it does feel like another example of them being rigid in their plans as clearly they wanted Kris to dethrone her beofe her injury. Interested to see where both woman go from here though.

Four way match was awesome even if I think the feud did more damage than good as far as most of the pillars not looking ready, Jungle Boy especially. MJF was the right choice undoubtedly. Wonder who the next feud will be.

Anarchy match wasn't for me, had some decent moments but it was just too sloppy, disjointed and spot focused for me to like it. I know that's the point but still didn't love it overall. Think Takeshita coming and turning seemed obvious too, guessing Kota is coming.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Thought it was a solid show, but as Pott said, solid is below their usual level now.

Felt there was a lot of results where they were a bit predictable, but it was because it was the direction the stories had to move in. Like, Takeshita turning on Kenny. We knew it was coming, but the beat had to be hit. Statlander returning. Predictable, but had to be hit. MJF beating the Pillars. Predictable, but had to be done.

Kind of feels they probably had one too many of those sort of results happen on the same show. But now those beats have been hit, they can move forward with the stories.

The Acclaimed bit about Buddy was amazing.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,944 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Yea agree it was a mixed bag of a PPV, battle royal was good and would happily see a Swerve/Cassidy rivalry. Cole vs Jericho was always going to be meh for me due to Jericho, Cole deserves better but no we now have another match this Wednesday where I'd guess Soraya gets the pin on Britt? I hope its the end of this feud but like all Jericho's they drag on.

Ladder match was decent and Christian wrestling in a turtleneck was gas. Women's match was def a cluster **** but understand if Hayter is injured then it makes sense and I hope they do the rematch at All In. TBS match also wasn't bad but delighted for the Statlander return, I didn't realize the match was happening I thought it was just her coming out to confront and challenge.

Tag Titles again was alright, again hopefully FTR can move on from Lethal/Jarrett, Trios match was good too.

4 Way was fantastic even though the lead up wasnt great but they pulled it off, it was obvious MJF wasnt loosing but they had a few quick moments that had me 2nd guessing myself. I kinda liked the Anarchy in the Arena but them playing Wild Thing for ages again this year just didnt have the same effect. Yuta getting the pin on Omega was a nice touch to give him a pin over someone like tha.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,282 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I enjoyed the PPV overall.

The middle was okish but the finish was superb

On a side note I was disappointed Christian didnt win, actually you know what I was gutted tbh. I wanted to see the turtle neck holding the TNT title high but I cannot get over a man who's 49 yrs old had to retire at one point due to concussion but comes back and putting on great matches and taking those ladders bumps......

So happy to see Christian on my tv

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,422 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Careful now or you'll have to fight Liz for him😜

The BCC vs The Lucha Bros & Bandido just announced for tonight could be a classic.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,684 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Kommander hadn't gotten into the ring in the first place - just climbed up onto the ropes from the outside, did his spot, and then afterwards entered the ring for the first time. That one thing he does is pretty cool, but it's literally all he has, offers next to nothing to a match otherwise. Really fun match though, and great finish.

All in all agree with everyone else here - a decent enough show in the grand scheme of things, but probably AEW's worst PPV. Their standard has just been so so high until now, and this one couldn't live up to that. Hopefully they kick it back up a notch for the next one.

Would've also loved to have seen Christian win the belt. Kinda bored of Wardlow at this stage, and Christian with a title would be great craic. Speaking of good heels, I'd also love to see a lot more of Lee Moriarty - has an awful lot more personality than some other guys getting a lot more time, and he's great in-ring to go with it. Would like to see him team with Swerve actually... I love Swerve, but so many of these 'gangster' elements they keep trying with his stories kinda fall flat for me.

Love Stat, so was nice to see her win - but it felt too quick. That could've been a feud that lasted another month at least, and would then feel like the climax it deserved to be for her. Winning without the build kinda does her a disservice.

Loved the 4-way, filled with great little moments, many of them hilarious. And loved their communication throughout, being able to hear MJF's genuinely shocked/baffled sounding "what the ****?!" when Darby swung round him to counter, or Darby's equally genuine sounding "oh ****!" when he was countered himself.

Anarchy was fine, bit of fun. Not quite up there with some past iterations, but alright... some of the thumb tack bits made me a bit queasy though. And for the love of god, can Mox please just go five minutes without bleeding?! The match had barely gotten going and his face was already a mess... there's just no impact with that, it feels like it means nothing when it's that quick.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,944 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

CM Punk confirmed for Collison by TK

• Registered Users Posts: 38,348 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Thank **** all that shite is over

Now how will they all coexist

Punk has to return as a full blown heel.

Popcorn at the ready will only be a matter of when things blow up again not if. Punk can’t be like backstage after everything that went down.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Punk's return is going to be the most fascianting car crash and train wreckage in wrestling history. Proper top tier entertainment though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Petermc83

surely anyone whos worth their salt that is feuding with Punk will bring up the backstage brawl at every opportunity...seeing how he reacts to this will be fun!!!

Jericho is apparently his first opponent back.

Jericho to interrupt his interview time on collision.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,282 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

That crowd tonight, bloody hell

Don't ever go back to Vegas again

The segment with Don Callis, jebus that crowd booing was unreal

When they said afterwards about tickets still being available for Collison made me think that was the reason they announced Punk, even though it was expected.

So after being at the main event, Darby randomly teams with Orange to take on Gates of Agony and Jungle Boy randomly comes out to save Hook.

Kenny's gone to Japan I take it.

Taya obviously looking at Statlander. Shida for the women's title? Who will be next in line for MJF to make go through a gauntlet for the right to challenge him?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭ThePott

Lots more Fight Forever gameplay and stuff out today and some more details. Not sure about the quality of the DLC pass or Matt Hardy being a pre-order but aside from that I have to say.

It looks like a lot of fun and definitely different enough to justify it's existence. I don't know if will be something I'd play for long stretches but could be worth a buy, albeit definitely not at full price.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,348 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Hopefully Sting sticks around for All In

He will get a monstrous reaction

So AEW has loads of titles yet the only one defended on Championship Friday is a RoH title.

No surprises anyway.

So are we getting a mixed tag match with Aubrey and Karen?

• Advertisement

A cracking little epsiode of Rampage this week.

This is what a one hour Rampage should be used for going forward giving ROH, NJPW Strong and AAA there spots to draw attention to those brands and leave Dynamite and Collision to forward AEW story lines.

Lots more mentions of Mercedes on AEW TV has me thinking she will be working for the company at some stage.

Advertisement