Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sirmanga

It's gonna be so dumb if MJF turns on Cody at the PPV and joins The Inner Circle. He was a great heel and now he's a babyface all of a sudden (I think). I hope they don't have him aligned with Cody simply so he can shockingly turn on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

sirmanga wrote: »
    It's gonna be so dumb if MJF turns on Cody at the PPV and joins The Inner Circle. He was a great heel and now he's a babyface all of a sudden (I think). I hope they don't have him aligned with Cody simply so he can shockingly turn on him.

Cody should turn on MJF i think

Long term story at play, be excellent

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭Monokne

raven136 wrote: »
    Cody should turn on MJF i think

Long term story at play, be excellent

Why would you do this? :confused:

The audience loves Cody and is dying to boo MJF.

You'd either kill MJF's heat & the angle before the feud begins, or turn the companys biggest babyface heel.

WWE would do this and then be surprised Cody was no longer getting huge reactions.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Kinda feel Like they will have Brandi turn on Cody too

Monokne wrote: »
    Why would you do this? :confused:

The audience loves Cody and is dying to boo MJF.

You'd either kill MJF's heat & the angle before the feud begins, or turn the companys biggest babyface heel.

WWE would do this and then be surprised Cody was no longer getting huge reactions.

Theres no boo's coming for MJF
    He is the ultimate tweener

Cody has played the heel just as well as a face and he gets huge reactions always

Even and especially when he turned on Kenny

The mjf turn is too obvious

And i dont see either turn happening for a long time, possibly next year

• Advertisement

raven136 wrote: »
    Theres no boo's coming for MJF
    He is the ultimate tweener

Cody has played the heel just as well as a face and he gets huge reactions always

Even and especially when he turned on Kenny

The mjf turn is too obvious

And i dont see either turn happening for a long time, possibly next year

You don't want to play against type. Cody is the biggest star in the promotion and connects with the crowd in a legitimate and organic way. He should be booked as a traditional top babyface.

Thankfully, AEW doesn't appear to be trying to reinvent the wheel with their booking, so I'm confident they're going to tell the story their audience is expecting and invested in.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,084 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Who will be the first of the Elite to turn on the rest?

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Somedaythefire

CastorTroy wrote: »

Kenny or the Bucks. One of them will turn on the other.

CastorTroy wrote: »

Hangman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

AEW for the last 4 weeks is just proving that everything WWE does is completely wrong.

Like we didn't know that anyway.

Imagine looking forward to the next show....It's outrageous!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,628 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

So many story lines being laid down that will be told over the next 6/8/10/12 months no need to rush them and start new ones every 4 weeks like the other place.

Long term story telling works.

The most refreshing thing about AEW is the context. Everything in WWE is so inauthentic - the way you are battered over the head with the brainwash wording, the silly I speak-You speak taking turns promos, the dive's before the ad break, watching TV by standing beside it and turning your neck at an incredibly uncomfortable angle to watch it. In AEW, there is a lot that isn't to **MY** personal taste. However, the whole show feels like a wrestling show. The performers have that liberty to express themselves and their characters.

Kevin Nash once said that Raw is the most canned feeling live show there is and I couldn't agree more. Whatever you like or don't like about AEW, it feels LIVE. It has that energy, that vibe.

Hopefully they can build on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,084 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Just watched Jake Hager's Bellator fight and seems after his last one then this one, he's playing the heel there as well

Dynamite beat Smackdown in ratings this week.

Imagine that!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Interesting stipulation added to the Chris Jericho/Cody title match at Full Gear.

EIEhB2dX0AArOPA?format=jpg&name=large

I don’t think any match should go an hour but especially not a Cody/Jericho match

Really like that. Obviously they won't go an hour, but having the judges be three vet's will give the match & title a sense of legitimacy. Like time limits, it's not something that drastically impacts a lot, but it provides the context that is sorely lacking in WWE. It's timely too, because it's basically AEW guaranteeing the match will have a genuine finish at the same time as WWE refusing to give a finish in their only match that's supposed to guarantee one - Hell in a Cell.

Another minor but smart move.

Really like that. Obviously they won't go an hour, but having the judges be three vet's will give the match & title a sense of legitimacy. Like time limits, it's not something that drastically impacts a lot, but it provides the context that is sorely lacking in WWE. It's timely too, because it's basically AEW guaranteeing the match will have a genuine finish at the same time as WWE refusing to give a finish in their only match that's supposed to guarantee one - Hell in a Cell.

Another minor but smart move.

I’m postive there going to go 60 minutes I do agree it’s an interesting idea just prefer 30 time limit or another 2 wrestlers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Agree with above post, really don't think Jericho/Cody are going sixty minutes but I like that stipulation, definitely adds a sense of legitimacy to proceedings which is just sorely lacking in WWE's sports entertainment universe.

Small stuff like this, Scorpio Sky fighting in the tag tournament in his street clothes as a last minute replacement for Daniels, acknowledging Omega winning the AAA Mega Cgampionship on air etc. all adds up to an enjoyable viewing experience for me.

sky88 wrote: »
    I’m postive there going to go 60 minutes I do agree it’s an interesting idea just prefer 30 time limit or another 2 wrestlers

I do not dismiss it happening out of hand, but AEW and Khan appear savvy to the long game. For example, every TV main event had a "TV time remaining" time limit but it wasn't used until week 3. They appear aware enough to know they have to establish things before using them.

Whereas in WWE, you have Nattie going "Hey look my Dad deads sunglasses" and then 5 minutes later the Riott squad destroys them. You know instantly it's an angle.

This *might* be that as well. But I suspect it's not.

• Advertisement

I do not dismiss it happening out of hand, but AEW and Khan appear savvy to the long game. For example, every TV main event had a "TV time remaining" time limit but it wasn't used until week 3. They appear aware enough to know they have to establish things before using them.

Whereas in WWE, you have Nattie going "Hey look my Dad deads sunglasses" and then 5 minutes later the Riott squad destroys them. You know instantly it's an angle.

I hope your right or it will be the first big misstep I fear it’s all set up for a 3rd judge to be mjf/Brandi and it’s set up for a heel turn

sky88 wrote: »
    I hope your right or it will be the first big misstep I fear it’s all set up for a 3rd judge to be mjf/Brandi and it’s set up for a heel turn

Nah, it definitely won't be that. There's no heel GM naming one of them a judge. It'll be Arn, Page, maybe Bret, those types.

Nah, it definitely won't be that. There's no heel GM naming one of them a judge. It'll be Arn, Page, maybe Bret, those types.

Was thinking Tully will be one since he is With them and arn for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Somedaythefire

Agreed. This is just planting the seed for it to be used in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

No idea how he's holding up at age 75 but Terry Funk as judge a la WrestleWar 89 would be class.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Never seen him in the ring so can't comment on his work but it is an interesting move for him

EH4I47fWsAAtMHQ?format=jpg&name=medium

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

AEW is on tonight at 12am yeah?

AEW is on tonight at 12am yeah?

Yes indeed

AA,Tully and Windham as the judges.

• Advertisement

After Dark great again this week.

AEW have the two best wrestling shows on TV at the moment for me.

Advertisement