Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,601 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I wonder could Yuta turn on The American Dragon tonight.

I don't he was ever offically kicked out of Okada's Chaos faction.

Billie Starkz has no right to be that good at 18.

Athena has been nothing but fantastic since she signed.

Wow Jody Fleisch getting named dropped by Excalibur.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

New Japan is an Indie :)

Preshow was grand. Looking forward to the rest of the evening.

I love everyone is chopping the sh1t out of Punk since he have that interview.

• Advertisement

Oooh Yambag Jones on that elbow drop by Kojima... Punk getting a mostly negative reaction, but not all boos. It's gonna be an interesting few weeks of crowds for him.

I think technical goofy 4-man wrestling matches might be my new favourite :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,872 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Ospreay / Omega 2....

WHAT THE ****.

That match should have been on last.

Nothing can follow it.

Osprey Omega was savage. Can't wait for this main event.

They splashed for Final Countdown!

• Advertisement

Great show.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,944 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Just back from the arena and what a show. Felt the main event was way to hard to top Omega/Ospreay so wasn't into as much as I thought but the atmosphere was class. Yea CM Punk was fairly booed but still a strong cheer too.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,077 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Overall a good show.

Was reading Bryan broke his arm from Okada's elbow drop so went about 10 mins with it. Will be out about 6-8 weeks so may miss All In, or at least miss having a match there.

He couldn't hide his grin hearing the reaction to him and the song, even after the match with his injury.

Jack Perry choosing the heel entrance. Although the heel turn will help, I think it's a bit quick after the feud with Christian.

This keeps needing to be said Sting is 63 he wrestles a few times a year and takes at least one crazy bump in each match this time he took a 630 through a table.

Yes he is starting to look his age and picks his spots in mixed tags however he is bloody 63 and if some 180/190 pound man landed on me at speed it would break every rib in my body.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,348 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

MJF is such a lovable prick ha

• Registered Users Posts: 31,684 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Awesome show. Loved the 4-man, really good fun. No bad matches really, high standard throughout.

But fücking hell, Omega Osprey was borderline perfection! So many incredible little moments in it... the whole flag escapade, Kenny getting a foot onto the rope at the last second, and kicking out of the one-winged-angel at 1 - all just wrestling magnificence.

Those kids with their disgusting snot covered crotch-flossed blood drenched flag have some souvenir 😅

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Great show, how can it not be when it's AEW and New Japan I guess. For me it's maybe the best pro-wrestling event of the year so far, up there with Wrestle Kingdom, Sakura Genesis, All Star Grand Queendom and Revolution for me.

Omega/Ospreay with two certified match of the year contenders now. Loved getting the Naito appearance too.

This type of event wouldn't be possible in the US wrestling sphere without AEW existing. IMPACT have the multiverse show but it doesn't get a quarter of the attention or half of the New Japan big hitters on the card. Hopefully the second of many more to come!

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Officer999

I think I’ve watched Danielson’s Final Countdown entrance about 100 times now. It’s just so amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 86,421 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Advertisement

Khan (in the post-event press scrum) said it was "a wrestler's contract" money - so I'd say somewhere between 150k and 350k :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

How do they get away with it at indie shows? I assume they're just using it on a basic public play type license, like playing music in a shop, if they pay at all?

It's only illegal if you get caught :)

But that's the thing, it's on tape. Like how we all know he used to come out to it.

On another note, seems the AEW Fight Forever game is getting mixed reviews. I'm not interested but I'm sure it's enjoyable enough still.

Arthur Ashe booked for September 20th.

That is going to be some 25 days for AEW from All In, All Out and the Arthur Ashe Dynamite.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

After saying I was not going to get it, I ended up buying it and got early access. €80 ain't worth it so far , but I have always been a suckered for wrestling games.

Seems quite bare in comparison to 2k, it shouldn't be this hard to create a game fans can't get enough of. 2k has some big problems but is vast, I'd argue so far the creation suite leads in it gives us a better AEW game then the actually AEW game...so far atleast

The American Dragon is one tough bastard

• Registered Users Posts: 31,684 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Christ, that's a pretty crazy break!

In a way it rounds off Danielson's recent story nicely - he tapped against MJF because he thought about his safety and his need to be there for his family. Then comes back as more of an intense dedicated heel and gets a huge win while sacrificing his personal safety.

• Advertisement

Sting is **** 64!!!!!

Jungle Jack gave a great heel promo Christian would proud.

Post edited by Agent Coulson on

Advertisement