Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,781 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Stings a lunatic, but I have no interest in a singles match between him and Jericho.

Jack Perry is still not comfortable cutting a promo, I'd get him back with Christian and lucha or give him big bill as his heater, get Anna jay on his arm as well.

They could do so much more with Reynolds and silver, send them to Roh and heat them up for the lucha brothers.

Orange Cassidy is the best TV wrestler on the planet right now, and that's one of the few things I'd argue with Cornette on.

Happy about blood and guts, they've had 2 belter ones so far, can't see this being any different.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Anyone thinking about getting Fight Forever I would really advised against it, I can see it dropping in price soon enough, just really not good enough in this day and age in my opinion, and for the current price is really a con.

Half baked attempt for a title I was excited for.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,421 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I see Hyde from The 70s Show in heel Jungle Boy

• Registered Users Posts: 54,282 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

MJF saying to Strong "What's up generic white guy"

Had me in stitches

---------------------------------

I've finally managed to watch Forbidden Door 2 PPV, bloody hell that was some show. Some great matches that I particularly liked

The 4 way for the International Championship. OC killing it again, the guy is on fire and the work horse of AEW. I don't think many say this coming with OC including myself.

Omega V Ospreay. As a fan of wrestling you live for matches like this. Best match I've ever seen.

Danielson V Okada. I love how the fans were just in awe of this match, some times you could hear the pin drop but they knew there something special happening here and everyone including myself were engrossed

• Registered Users Posts: 23,170 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Every Jungle Boy promo. He is painful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,077 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Jericho thinking he's Foley with the different personalities.

OC putting so much thought into choosing his partners. Was thinking would be a fun way to bring in a new guy or just a one off appearance if he goes out and finds he needs a partner and just picks some random guy from the crowd, who just happens to be a wrestler of course..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I'm enjoying fight forever so far , they always said during development that they were aiming for the feel of the old n64 games like No Mercy and the like not the pure simulation of the WWE 2K games .

It is fairly bare bones though and can see myself doing everything there is to do within a couple of weeks I think where it'll shine is local multiplayer and online the matchs themselves are great fun and quick , just not enough variation

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I cannot win a tag team fight to save my life in Fight Forever. I absolutely demolish people in 1-on-1 and I just monstered my way through a 3-man, but this rolling out and getting stuck in the slowest off-screen animation known to man is just killing me. It's really taking the enjoyment out of the career mode for me cause every week is a tag and I can only get wins on Rampage or Dark in singles.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Played Fight Forever for a bit today. Fun game if a little bare bones overall. Most unrealistic thing in it is the chants for Scorpio Sky 😅

Playing on Steam Deck and it's been super smooth.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,601 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Claudio knocking out Komander with the upper cut was a great finish to there match on Rampage.

Claudio is a great opponent for those Lucha guys to work off with his size and strength they are able to bounce all over the shop with him.

• Advertisement

If I get Claudio/Vikingo at All In, I'll be very very happy.

Meh give me Davey Boy Smith Jr vs luchasaurus any day of the week lol

"What about Sonjay Dutt's son Satnam Singh?"

I can't believe this Saturday we are getting Punk vs. Joe eighteen years after their epic encounters in ROH.

To make it even better it's not even on a PPV.

And not to mention FITE aren't charging extra for it, it's a superb subscription for the cost of just over 6 euro.

The only downside is the **** FITE app and does drive me nuts at times but look it's only 6 euro.....

75k tickets now sold for All In.

New set up has opened more space to 88k seats.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

August 2nd Dynamite being advertised as Dynamite 200.

saw a fact that WCW Nitro only had 288 episodes, so Dynamite is closing that gap quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,170 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Moxley is a clown.

Walked away from a situation he was deeply unhappy in and now makes millions of dollars doing whatever he wants, got clean and sober and goes home to a mansion in the desert to a gorgeous wife and a child.........

I'm not the biggest fan of moxleys style but if that's being a clown, I'll take a few skewers to the head......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Officer999

In fairness Mox did a lot worse in CZW back in the day

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I 100% get why Mox and his "death match" style stuff isn't to everyone's taste.

I do also think, at this point, he's been doing this act for a few years now, and if you're expecting him to change, that's a you problem rather than a him problem. While he blades, he doesn't seem to be doing much "unsafe" (I read those skewers are a lot less problematic than tacs, for instance; they look gnarly, but aren't that bad in terms of pierce damage). If you don't like his act, don't watch, ya know?

You can tell the guy is having an absolute blast and is happier where he is now than where he was.

3 year ago this month Eddie Kingston answered Cody’s open challenge and in that time since he has become one of the most popular wrestlers in the world. Today he won the NJPW Strong Open weight Title in the Korakuen Hall.

What a life changing moment that was for Eddie getting that chance to challenge Cody and he grabbed it with both hands

Nick Wayne getting a nice video package promo introduction tonight before making his debut next week.

Nick Wayne vs Swerve.

This reaction to Don Callis was amazing.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,944 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

So Matt Hardy with JJ, although wasn't the stipulation of Jarrett's last match be that he'd never wrestle in aew again?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Collision is suffering ratings wise.

Viewership # and P18-49 rating:

06.17 - 816,000 / 0.33

06.24 - 595,000 / 0.21 

07.01 - 432,000 / 0.13

When college football starts back they could drop even more.

I have to say I have no idea who the BCC will get as there 5th man for Blood and Guts however I can't wait to see what ibushi has planned to do inside a double ring steel cage with a roof.

The guy is one of the most innovative performers in wrestling and I can only imagine he will have something spectacular planned for his debut.

Saying that I will be pissed if he isn't the 5th man for the Elite.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,077 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So Jericho's a face now? Or was that just for the Canada crowd?

Advertisement