Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

• Registered Users Posts: 54,282 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Saw the trailer for this yesterday and genuinely interested in getting the game. Looks like great craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,601 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Fightfull have pretty much confirmed that ibushi will be All Elite.

Jon Moxley from an interview yesterday this quote is great...

‘This is just a random match. Why is there blood?’ I heard that last week vs. Tomohiro Ishii. He’s one of the greatest of all time. I’m not going to let that moment slip by. I’m going foot-to-the-f---ing-gas-pedal. How can I not? Then I hear that I can’t have a good match without blood. O.K., then, you made my argument for me. I’ll do it every time.

The whole interview is really very good.

https://www.si.com/wrestling/2023/07/06/jon-moxley-deathmatch-blood-theory

• Advertisement

WON

• All In now has 75,030 tickets out in a set up for 87,825. Paid is about 68,000 for $8.6 million. This would make it the seventh largest verified attendance in pro wrestling history. If they can move 6,000 more tickets they will break the all-time attendance record for a paid show which is 80,709 for the 2016 WrestleMania

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,944 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Looks like Santana is gearing up for a return going by the videos on Twitter

• Registered Users Posts: 29,077 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Since I just listened to Smooth yesterday, my first thought was "Carlos Santana?"

I feel like **** tbh.

I was completely wrong about MJF, he's such a good guy

• Registered Users Posts: 29,077 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I have to ask What's with Daniel Garcia's weird dance type thing? Did I miss something?

• Advertisement

MJF tweeting that he is ill and won't make the tag match on Dynamite but wishes his best friend adam Cole the best 🤣

Between ROH and AEW shows Big Bill is really starting to gain momentum.

Cage and Bill were great as a team on Rampage.

That could be the tag team match of the year right there.

5 stars for FTR vs BCG.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,416 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

MJF and Cole remind me of Jericho and Owens

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

It’s great to see AEW moving away from random matches to more sports entertainment route. MJF/Cole is great sports entertainment.

Just getting round to watching Collision, really enjoyable

FTR vs BCG was fantastic and I love the nostalgic feeling of Joe and Punk match.

Agreed the tag match was insane, really looking forward to the 2/3 falls match.

Knew Joe was gonna attack punk after the match but was still class, nice staredown from Starks too. Really hope he wins but doubt punk is losing (unless Joe gets involved).

Felt bad for Scorpio match coming after the tag,

Main event was done well too.

Looking forward to the Andrade vs hob, maybe thunder rosa to return to even up the odds down the way

I said this in a PM but I’m reiterating the point here too.

Mod Note:

You are openly and unrelentingly trolling with basically every contribution to AEW related threads on here. Every single contribution. No, you’re not trying to make jokes. You’re fishing for reactions with every growing absurdities and posts designed to elicit negative reactions. It’s not banter, it’s not defending other users from AEW “fanboys” or whatever other excuse you want to use. It’s an open campaign to stir ****.

As someone who used to be a good contributor, and someone who has been a long time mod on this site, it’s frustrating to see you’re unabashed trolling attempts, day in and day out.

Please do not post in AEW threads again. If you’re genuinely surprised by this reaction, I’d also appreciate a moment of self reflection. But I don’t think you will be, given our previous conversations on the matter.

• Advertisement

Nick Wayne debuting, should be a terrific match with Swerve

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Really looking forward to Wayne's debut, was a nice little package to build him up last week with Darby. Had to debut against Swerve of course.

Ibushi and a KOW reunion incoming? Was interesting timing this week for TK to mention he's been chipping away at Hero to get back in the ring.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Nick Wayne and Swerve will blow people away - their match at Defy was insane. Nick is one of the nicest to deal with too - all of the fans here in the PNW rooting very hard for him! Will have him on one of our upcoming shows too - just hope the price doesn't blow up after tonight :D

Fightful reporting WarnerBros want more AEW PPV's

I really hope they don't go with one a month they have it just about right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,170 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

It's all about content, content, content. If they want big streaming money, they'll need to guarantee more PPVs.

Big companies will want monthly paydays like ESPN with UFC and WWE/Peacock. Sticking with 4/5 a year to placate the ultra smarks isn't going to make them very attractive to the Netflixs and HBOs.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,684 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Think 6 would be a good number, one every 2 months. As it stands, it feels like too long of a wait between crescendo's, and the storytelling tends to get a bit lost and unfocused at times. If they build their stories into 2 month arcs, it gives them more of a focal point to build towards I think.

Add in Forbidden Door, and the odd story crossing into ROH PPV's, and they'd be in decent shape then.

Yeah 6 AEW storyline PPV’s would be good.

Then they can do All In and Forbidden Door special event PPV’s.

They really are doing a great job setting up the double turn here with MJF and. Cole.

PAC is the 5th member of the BCC actually make perfect sense.

Finally it’s Kota Ibushi

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,348 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Advertisement