Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54,282 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Holy Moly that was some tag team match

My only disappointment me is BCG didn't win.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,601 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,944 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Just spotted the video of Starks grabbing the trophy from Liger so yea looks like he will be going heel.

I'd love to see Ricky Starks do a take on the Owen Hart slammy award winner gimmick as the winner of the Owen Hart Cup.

Nick Aldis has apparently finished up with Impact, if he is aew bound all in would be the best opportunity to bring him in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,416 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I'd have honestly no idea where he would fit in AEW to be totally honest.

I did think for a split second he could be a Regal type manager of the BCC however I don't think he fits there.

He is probably better of heading to WWE as midcarder or NXT as a father figure type trainer & wrestler.

He just needs to expect to get his gear back in a black bag when he is future endeavoured :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Reports are WWE are interested in him as a producer.

I remember in Uni reading his articles in Fighting Spirit Magazine, and when he was on Gladiators, thinking he’d fit right into WWE. Shocked it’s taken this long, and it’s when he’s basically done as a wrestler (if he becomes a producer).

Unfinished business with Cody, so I reckon he's WWE bound

• Advertisement

I cannot wait for Blood And Guts, the card looks brilliant

Shark week again in the States I wonder what kind of tie-in they will have on the show tonight.

I have a gut feeling Ibushi might turn on Omega.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Who has the advantage in the cage match ???

I better not see Jericho in any shape of form tonight

Interesting theme for jack perry and no shocker he won. Looking forward to what they do with him as a heel.

A 50 minute match for Blood & Guts.

Yeah those new rules got thrown out the door for this one.

Holy sh1t a bed of nails for Omega.

• Advertisement

Damn those men put themselves through it tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Weakest of all Blood and Guts matches so far, not helped by very poor camera work missing key elements of the match including the finish with Mox tapping for the team. A few cool spots for sure - excited for Callis' faction and seeing where it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,781 ✭✭✭hynesie08

That was the best they could come up with? Just a dog basic war games match where Kota ibushi casually does a full entrance while his best mate is being tortured with a literal bed of nails, then sloppily misses half his spots and kicks his teammates with the other half, nothing particularly brutal, nothing particularly aesthetically pleasing. Moxley was the only one bleeding for 90% of the match.

I'm not the biggest omega/bucks guy but I thought they'd love the free reign a match like that provides, instead they just painted by numbers.

The cage match went on too long, definitely weaker compared to other years.

I also thought the Hook/Perry match would have been stronger.

Missing the finish is utterly unforgivable. I thought the ref called it cause Yuta passed out and that felt lacklustre of an ending.

Mox tapping to save Yuta, after realising they’d been abandoned by PAC and Takesta, is a brilliant story driven ending, and the camera work utterly flubbed it. It gives Mox and the BCC a proper platform, narratively, to move forward from the feud with. To miss it completely is bonkers.

Pac vs Claudio feels like a banger for All In.

Yes, I was wondering what had happened and why the ref called for the bell.

Good spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,170 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Jungle Jack is woeful, one of the worst heels in wrestling. It's like if you picked someone from the crowd and told them: "Act like a baddie."

Reminds me of another JJ from years ago that was made a heel and he was just as awkward, Jason Jordan.

I was flicking quickly through the early parts of the show and though Jack was a random Young Buck. Feel the attire is a little bit too generic. The FTW title might give him something to work with, but Jungle Boy was at least somewhat memorable. The whole "won't give them what they want" stuff has been done to death for me, and on a show that has so many unique, stand out characters, his is very meh right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

should have put Jack back with Christian and let him carry around the 2 belts

• Advertisement

I agree the Blood and Guts matched felt a bit flat overall, just didnt think much really jelled bar a few spots. Never really watched Ibushi before but he seemed very slow especially breaking up the submissions. Didnt even realise that Mox had tapped because the camera was on Yuta.

It's early days for Jack Perry's heel run, but I do hope given time he gets more comfortable and we dont just get the bland heel "I'm sick of doing everything for the fans, you were never here for me blah blah". I wouldnt be against them reuniting Christian/JP/Lucha but would prefer it down the line,

Pac vs Claudio announced for ROH tomorrow night, guessing Yuta/Mox get involved to set up Death Triangle vs BCC? Then rematch at All In for Pac/Claudio?

Post edited by Furious-Red on

Advertisement