Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

After Dark great again this week.

AEW have the two best wrestling shows on TV at the moment for me.

And they have made Darby a legit star for them

Love his stuff with Jimmy Havoc

Great to see Sadie Gibbs, a proper strong woman get her time too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

After Dark great again this week.

AEW have the two best wrestling shows on TV at the moment for me.

Agreed, another really solid show from AEW. Dynamite, Dark and Impact are the best weekly wrestling shows for me at the moment, and although not specifically a weekly show the Super Junior Tag League has been great too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

Agreed, another really solid show from AEW. Dynamite, Dark and Impact are the best weekly wrestling shows for me at the moment, and although not specifically a weekly show the Super Junior Tag League has been great too.

Powerrrr is great too

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Decent match.

I'll be the one to say it ... But yeah ... That Shanna has one great ass :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Lax taking out rock n roll was great

The Brandi thing is just strange and stupid totally out of place from the rest of the show

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭nazmoalex

Just tuned in. Throw back to Mean Gean riding with Flair in the Limo. Rick and Morty introduces the next match... What timeline are we on? Gonna watch the rest of the show regardless, but not disappointed tuning in from here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sirmanga

Cody Rhodes is irritating beyond belief. He's not at all likable and he's not a good wrestler. How are we supposed to buy him as an inspiring babyface when they acknowledge on camera that he's the EVP of the very company where he is getting a title shot, and now he is showing up in private jets to the arena with his family.

sirmanga wrote: »
    Cody Rhodes is irritating beyond belief. He's not at all likable and he's not a good wrestler. How are we supposed to buy him as an inspiring babyface when they acknowledge on camera that he's the EVP of the very company where he is getting a title shot, and now he is showing up in private jets to the arena with his family.

i agree i dont get it either but hes over with the fans and thats all that matters in the end

he knew exactly what he was doing at first when he was on the indies he wasnt over at all really but did the smart thing and hop on the bullet club train and more importantly the elite and honestly is now the biggest star of that group now

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

sky88 wrote: »
    The Brandi thing is just strange and stupid totally out of place from the rest of the show

It was the most Impact thing I've seen not on Impact.

Jericho's pumpkin jacket & Hager kneeing Dustin in the balls were both priceless.

• Advertisement

[QUOTE=ERG89;111650547]It was the most Impact thing I've seen not on Impact.

Jericho's pumpkin jacket & Hager kneeing Dustin in the balls were both priceless.[/QUOTE]

i was half expecting the dungeon of doom to show up during it

i agree i dont get it either but hes over with the fans and thats all that matters in the end

he knew exactly what he was doing at first when he was on the indies he wasnt over at all really but did the smart thing and hop on the bullet club train and more importantly the elite and honestly is now the biggest star of that group now

I just find it funny that the fans have turned on Rollins for being a cocky, whiny prick. But Cody is by far the most vainglorious, entitled, touchy person in all of wrestling. He wouldn't be anywhere in the business if he wasn't Dusty's son. He's easily the most annoying wrestler going today, with his awkward looking movements in the ring, his grating voice, his faux solemnity, his pretending to be emotional and acting that he's fighting back tears after matches sometimes, his condescending manner towards fans where he pretends he's so accessible and open to criticism but spends hours on Twitter getting in a strop when people criticise him or AEW.

Maybe to get the fans back on Rollins' side, WWE should make him an EVP of the company and have him show up in private jets on TV, and give himself title shots. And he'll be playing a babyface, naturally.

I just find it funny that the fans have turned on Rollins for being a cocky, whiny prick. But Cody is by far the most vainglorious, entitled, touchy person in all of wrestling. He wouldn't be anywhere in the business if he wasn't Dusty's son. He's easily the most annoying wrestler going today, with his awkward looking movements in the ring, his grating voice, his faux solemnity, his pretending to be emotional and acting that he's fighting back tears after matches sometimes, his condescending manner towards fans where he pretends he's so accessible and open to criticism but spends hours on Twitter getting in a strop when people criticise him or AEW.

Maybe to get the fans back on Rollins' side, WWE should make him an EVP of the company and have him show up in private jets on TV, and give himself title shots. And he'll be playing a babyface, naturally.

just being outside wwe helps so much in some fans eyes if rollins left tomorrow majority of the same fans would be going mad with excitement for him going to AEW or New Japan

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

just being outside wwe helps so much in some fans eyes if rollins left tomorrow majority of the same fans would be going mad with excitement for him going to AEW or New Japan

He's in a way similar to a band/musician before they blew up big and eventually forgot where they came from.

I just find it funny that the fans have turned on Rollins for being a cocky, whiny prick.

Nah the fans turned on Seth for being less cool than the Fiend, cowering & screaming in fear of him(would any babyface in history do that?), calling out Ospreay & asking him to compare bank balance, him having a go at Moxley for "taking his ball and going home" a real WWE mgmt phrase, the feud with Corbin & unnatural interactions with Lynch which even she called WWE out on & he'd literally say anything that WWE script him to as evident by his promos.
    A lot of that is on WWE but Seth has defended them from criticism so fans aren't going to accept everything they are told. People will pretend all this was just planting the seeds for a heel turn but he's a terrible face with lousy promo's.

Cody in comparison is carrying himself like a major star. When he talks it sounds natural and he comes across as being genuine, he's not saying marketing tag lines or screaming expletives & his antagonist right now is also a really good heel something WWE haven't got despite most of roster being heel after floundering as faces.

I don't think Cody carries himself well at all. I remember he gave an interview and was talking about when Conrad Thompson contacted him about Starrcast and Cody said something like he has lost count of how many times he has turned down business opportunities because the other party opens things up by saying how much they loved Dusty. But Conrad started things off by talking to Cody as a man, and didn't mention Dusty.
    Get your head out of your arse, your father was Dusty Rhodes. He wouldn't be where he is today without Dusty being his father. It's like that time Andrew Ridgeley was giving an interview and when the interviewer asked him a question about George Michael he threw a strop.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,892 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I don't think Cody carries himself well at all. I remember he gave an interview and was talking about when Conrad Thompson contacted him about Starrcast and Cody said something like he has lost count of how many times he has turned down business opportunities because the other party opens things up by saying how much they loved Dusty. But Conrad started things off by talking to Cody as a man, and didn't mention Dusty.
    Get your head out of your arse, your father was Dusty Rhodes. He wouldn't be where he is today without Dusty being his father. It's like that time Andrew Ridgeley was giving an interview and when the interviewer asked him a question about George Michael he threw a strop.

Every post you've made in this forum in the past month has included some sort of a dig at Cody, Jericho, or AEW in general. You'd probably be a whole lot happier if you just, you know, didn't watch it at all...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Loved it, thought that was another fantastic episode of Dynamite.

The fact they put the contract signing on before the tag title match and not in the main event slot was great, pushes the importance and value attached to the tag team championships. The signing itself was really well done from the buildup of Cody and Tony getting to the building, the lawyer being present, Jericho faking an attack (shock horror, a pro wrestling contract signing doesn't have to end up with a brawl). The attack on Dustin was brilliant, Hager is great in the silent muscle role and Guevara as Jerichos crony sidekick.

The two LAX attacks were great, Morton is some man to be taking the big bumps still. Loved the Mox promo, he's one of the most interesting people in wrestling for me right now, a far cry from the sanitised, gas-mask version he was previously elsewhere. Also delighted to see Hikaru again, she's one of the best women wrestlers in the world, big boost to the division.

There was more angles and mic-work this week, which might placate some of the people complaining that Dynamite is just wrestling match after wrestling match.

Every post you've made in this forum in the past month has included some sort of a dig at Cody, Jericho, or AEW in general. You'd probably be a whole lot happier if you just, you know, didn't watch it at all...

So positive comments only on the forum? No criticism? Jeez.

I know the Dáil are talking about the hate speech legislation for 2020, but I hope there's no provisions in there to make AEW a protected class. It seems it would get a lot of support from some people here.

you could say the exact same for many posters about wwe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭Monokne

Enjoyed Dynamite again this week.

Young Bucks continue to go over my head. I just don't see the appeal. Still, they are over so I can acknowledge that they have something.

On that subject, when Cody left WWE and some on here expressed the opinion they wasted him, I couldn't have disagreed more. I saw nothing in him. Boy was that wrong! He carries himself as a star better than pretty much anyone in US wrestling now. And not only that, he's just really likeable. His connection with the audience is strong & deep, he carries his Dads legacy in that sense.

I really enjoyed he & Tony re-living Flair & Gene in the limo to Starrcade. Tony is such a great part of the product. He is what I expected JR to be. He's that warm, fuzzy link to my childhood that brings familiarity to the broadcast. JR is still strong calling high level wrestling matches but his personal tastes often get in the way over the course of 2 hours.

Moxley's promo was excellent. Another one of those "oh wow, so this guy can do THIS?" moments. Boy, does WWE know how to minimise its talents ability to connect with the audience.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Never cared for Cody in WWE at all. I am interested in him now. That's my take.

Mox feels like such a wasted talent from WWE. Imagine this version of him going up against Brock at Mania. I know that was Lesnar being lazy but imagine a motivated Moxley doing things like he's doing now. A real antihero and not a forced and unsubtle ''lunatic''. He's great.

I was all in on SCU winning the straps against the Lucha Bros and loved the finish. A really clever and un-broadway type of ending. I enjoyed it immensely. I really am more invested in AEW than I thought I would be. It's great.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

I loved Kenny Omegas entrance. Felt like a big ppv entrance.

Jericho talking about prestige, how it's too important to flip the table, while wearing a ridiculous pumpkin blazer was just brilliant.

Moxley is just brilliant and the video package near the beginning with Moxley going into Khan's office and only seeing the door with subtitles. I got Beyond the Mat vibes from that.

Great episode, looking forward to Dark and The PPV.

Gonna be weird scheduling wise next week I think. Wednesday will be the go home show before the PPV. But the Dark matches will be broadcast after the PPV.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,626 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Another top episode from AEW.

And I just got Dynamite on TNT

giphy.gif

Another top episode from AEW.

And I just got Dynamite on TNT

giphy.gif

I only got 'Nitro' on TNT a couple months ago, so... :D

Omackeral wrote: »
    Never cared for Cody in WWE at all. I am interested in him now. That's my take.

Agree.
    There was nothing really special about Cody when he was in WWE.

Before he was stardust he was just used as being generic. While stardust that was meh. Now he is essentially how Triple H was in the early 2000s. In the sense trips was known to be with Steph and a main eventer. His position in the company was cemented.
    Cody is AEW and used as a main eventer. He is cenmented and is really good to watch.

Just goes to show you that the ol' wrestlers advice of you have to go away to rebuild yourself holds true.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

Dark was alright this week, definitely the weakest episode so far. MJF as guest commentator was amazing. Really shows how a dead crowd can just bring down the presentation.

Hopefully on Dynamite they announce a tag title match for Full Gear. Then that's it, card is getting a bit full now.

Meltzer mentioned a Lucha Bros-SCU rematch as the direction for the PPV for the titles.

https://twitter.com/AEWonTNT/status/1192259705831182337

If you don't enjoy this you just....don't deserve true happiness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,626 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Virgil :pac:

Advertisement