Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Now that's some funny shit.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

That video is absolute gold

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Jericho is by far and away the best thing in wrestling, that video was great. Sammy Guevara is getting some great shine from riding his coattails.

Thought it was an excellent go home promo from Cody too, really looking forward to Saturday now, the card is stacked, the three way tag team match is a nice addition.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Patricia Bobski!!

Wasn’t bobski jerichos name on that WWE spoof series Southpaw Regional Wrestling?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sirmanga

ERG89 wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/AEWonTNT/status/1192259705831182337

If you don't enjoy this you just....don't deserve true happiness.

This is more like it from AEW. A bit of humour but also perfectly portraying Jericho's prickish heel character as not taking Cody that seriously. When WWE does comedy it usually ends up with someone farting or getting a dose of the runs.

I've seen a few people say this is the best thing they've seen in AEW, which should send them the message to keep it up. The non stop wrestling matches should be for the PPVs. Hopefully they are onto something now and the first few weeks were just a feet finding exercise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

During the ad break in Jericho's match they were chanting stupid dick. He said, what are you saying. "Stupid Katie Vick!? It wasn't my idea." He's just brilliant.

Great Dynamite episode. Great matches. Excellent Inner Circle video. Excellent Cody promo. Can't wait for Full Gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,084 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I think Cody should've said he wouldn't challenge Jericho for the title again. By saying he won't challenge for the title again makes me think he'll win.
    Who was that walking with Cody backstage? Think she was with him last week as well. And the Bucks know her enough to hug her. She looks familiar

While checking the AEW personnel on wiki to see if I could see her, I saw that Rebel works in Hair and Makeup.

Still waiting for Orange Cassidy's singles debut.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I think Cody should've said he wouldn't challenge Jericho for the title again. By saying he won't challenge for the title again makes me think he'll win.

Maybe Cody is deliberately writing himself into a hole. If he isn't allowed to challenge for the title it will, by force, allow him to avoid Jeff Jarrett in TNA comparisons. Because I'm sure the temptation will always be there for him and Khan to just put the belt on Cody because he's so popular. By removing himself from the equation entirely, Cody is ensuring that his ego can't run wild by having himself the centre of every PPV.

Now, of course stipulations in wrestling are always ignored and reneged upon, but AEW are going for the sports like feel, so maybe they will stick to it... for a few years at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭Monokne

NXT did 815,000 viewers last night. AEW did 822,000. Interesting!

Monokne wrote: »

It's as if Cody bought a monkey's paw before the Wednesday Night Wars started, and made a wish that by week 6 AEW would have nearly the same amount of viewers as WWE NXT.

• Advertisement

I don't really get that.

Anyway, you had to expect a boost for NXT after the Smackdown exposure, but whether it would hurt AEW was the question. Appears it did.

Will be interesting to see the key demo's. AEW has been doubling and tripling them in the key 18-49 demo. NXT skews really old. Wonder if that changed.

Update from the Torch:
    NXT tied AEW with a 0.32 rating in 18-34 this week. They also tied last week with 0.28 ratings. It was a four-to-one lead two weeks ago (0.52 to 0.12) and a two-to-one lead the week before that (0.43 to 0.21).

They were basically tied in other key demos, with AEW having a lead (0.35 to 0.30) among all adults 18-49 and a small lead among 18-49 males (0.46 to 0.45).

So for all intents and purposes, it was a draw.

I don't really get that.

Ah, it's just a joke about a famous short story where a cursed monkey's paw gives its owner three wishes, but the wishes are granted in an unexpectedly tragic way. I believe The Simpsons did a spoof of it in a Halloween episode many years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Given WWE are in the middle of a crossover storyline heavily involving NXT that doesn't augur well for them when they forget all about that post Survivor Series.

2ndcoming wrote: »
    Given WWE are in the middle of a crossover storyline heavily involving NXT that doesn't augur well for them when they forget all about that post Survivor Series.

ratings can be argured whatever angle you want tho you can say that nxt will fail after ss but then on bright side of things its more eyes on the superstars so will increase viewership 40% increase is no slouch

same on aew side another great number and beat NXT or only went up 60k after the baseball end so have they hit their ceilings

i really think you have to take a longer view of them and lets see what both are getting in janfeb there only going head to head a month now is it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

They'll have to be careful not bury NXT at SS like they did Smackdown last year. People don't want to watch losers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Not that I think there's any problem for AEW, but NXT has been steadily creeping up the ladder in the ratings. It was a dramatic jump for them this week for clear reasons, but I'd be surprised if any casual tuned in and wasn't impressed by what they saw. The women's and men's roster are both stacked, and that's one thing AEW can't claim.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

They'll have to be careful not bury NXT at SS like they did Smackdown last year. People don't want to watch losers.

I've a feeling they're going to job Bayley to Baszler. After that who knows what will happen.

Anyway on topic, class promo from Cody made even better by Jericho being an utter **** in his hype vid. I think it's going to be a very physical bout.

The Jericho spoof is even better if you watch the original Cody video first.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Rightful reporting that Excalibur got into a fight with Havoc, and choked him out in front of Tony Khan in a restaurant.

Pro wrestling never changes, lol

• Advertisement

Well apparently Havoc was crazy drunk and threw a punch so he deserved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,084 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Midnight preshow and main show from 1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Cody made a tweet praising Britt Baker for working tonight with "full blown flu" but deleted it after he got loads of criticism for it.

If I was Bea Priestly I wouldn't want her near me!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭ThePott

Wow all that build up of Awesome Kong and Brandi and she comes out and cuts some hair off, amazing :rolleyes:

Britt Baker is and continues to be a dentist

ThePott wrote: »
    Wow all that build up of Awesome Kong and Brandi and she comes out and cuts some hair off, amazing :rolleyes:

Britt Baker is and continues to be a dentist

I hadn’t heard that Britt was a dentist

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭ThePott

sky88 wrote: »
    I hadn’t heard that Britt was a dentist
    Understandable. They're quite subtle about it. You think they'd bring it up once in a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Jesus, that was a better suicide dive than about 95% of guys these days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Rightful reporting that Excalibur got into a fight with Havoc, and choked him out in front of Tony Khan in a restaurant.

Pro wrestling never changes, lol

Have we the channel??

Advertisement