Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,944 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Enjoyable pre show , didnt realise Rodman was 62, I had it in my head he was only in 50s for some reason

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

John Silver's going to be sending a cease and desist for gimmick infringement to Miro, Hobbs and the entire Chicago crowd :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Lana has gone to the Jeff Hardy "strike your pose when your partner is being battered" entrance school. I'm not quite sure what that segment was supposed to be at the end. Good match though, fair play to the crowd getting "big men slapping meat" to it's logical conclusion though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 86,422 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 18,130 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Times like this I can fully understand why the independent wrestling sites are called the dirt sheets so much more circling about Punk fighting others backstage.

Really good show from AEW tonight gory as **** with great matches and a proper night's entertainment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Gonna quote myself and say I called it ha. But I was thinking Punk was one more incident away to be fired.

Guess Tony Khan had enough already. That's the thing about life tho doesn't matter how much of a draw you are, or how much money you bring in. You start to annoy people and become such a headache you will be tossed aside eventually.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Going to guess we'll get more stories like this one...

"Multiple sources have confirmed to me details about an incident that took place between CM Punk and William Regal, which took place when Regal made his AEW debut. In the altercation between the two men, Punk refused to shake Regal’s hand, and would then get in the legends face, telling him that he did not like him, he did not trust him and that Regal was a “stooge for Triple H."

• Registered Users Posts: 9,782 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Another one for the "punk was right, but was such a dick about it we don't care he was right" folder.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,077 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I find it funny that it now looks like Ricky Starks attacked Steamboat for absolutely no reason.

Wonder how FTR felt about teaming with Young Bucks so close to the firing.

So what next for OC and what happens with the International title now? Guys who may have looked like they had a chance against OC wouldn't look like a challenge to Mox. And will Mox be as willing to give shots?

Couldn't remember who Bryan's last strap match was against. Was The Fiend.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,606 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Great PPV from start to finish and the crowd ate up everything and Punk wasn't missed.

Loved that Mox didn't bleed and it was Orange that bled like a fountain.

Looks like Tony might have paid for The Final Countdown for All In and then used it for All Out instead.

• Advertisement

Orange C and Darby need time off for their bodies to heel

MJF and Joe could be very good

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Interesting! Did not know that myself. Guess that would have made him 37 back at Bash at the Beach in 1998.

Had to look it up but seems he retired from NBA in 2000 at age 39. Seems the average age of NBA player retirement is mid to late 30s. Funny when you compare that to wrestling. Seems the biggest cause is just persistant injuries stopping guys from performing high level in NBA, but ironically with wrestling you would figure the toll is much greater on the body yet many wrestlers go longer. Of course wrestling is scripted but still.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I'd say the knees, ankles and hips would be fecked from years of jumping and running suicides at training, especially for the taller players.

Great news Christian signed a new contract extension.

Also now really living up to the hype Tony Khan gave him when he signed.

Asked about Egde joining AEW he replied

“I only talk about myself and Luchasaurus, and I have no friends other than Luchasaurus. I’ll leave it at that.”

Christian is the greatest

He sits down at the media scrum and the first thing he say is "How is everyones Father today"

You have to say what a week it has been for AEW really.

Between All In, Dynamite, Rampage, Collision and All Out there was probably close 100k live fans in attendance on two continents and probably 300k PPV buys.

Then firing one of the biggest names in pro wrestling while in his home town and having the vast majority of fans of wrestling including his own fans agreeing it was the right thing to do.

That was an historic week in wrestling.

Apparently Punk signs and tshirts were taken by security according to some on Twitter at Collision and All Out

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

T-shirts?

Told take off or turn inside out, others reporting taken by security

Plenty of Punk Tees shown on the hard cam side during All out anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭ThePott

I definitely saw a Punk shirt or two on the broadcast. So IDK about that.

Fightful reporting Punk wanted out of AEW last December and was open to returning to the Fed and was ready to ptich the Royal Rumble as his return.

They don't know what the Fed thought of this.

For a man who complains about wrestlers using the dirt sheets against him, He has seemed fine and very happy in using them himself over last year to leak what he wants.

He states very loudly he doesn't like drama backstage however he seems to like to create drama where ever he goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,170 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

If he comes back would he "suck a blood money covered dick" and do the Saudi shows, I wonder.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭ThePott

That should be a condition of his return. He has to wrestle the Miz in Saudi Arabia.

Bold to assume he wouldn’t be injured or suspended by the time the Saudi show roles back round 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 29,077 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I'm surprised we haven't seen his Impact name yet or a graphic for "Golden Vampire is All Elite"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Honestly I'm good if we never see Punk on a Wrestling Show again he takes more than he adds at this point in his career

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Hm I personally wouldn't agree with that, he was still one of the most compelling characters on AEW imo, and I reckon if you didn't follow wrestling online and just stuck to the on-screen product you wouldn't have much idea that there were problems backstage (unexplained suspensions aside).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

Christian was just pure gold at at All Out Media Scrum!Loved at the end how he got in digs about people saying that they didn't get the hype when he signed in 2021 but they sure as hell get it now!

Absolutely at the top of his game!

• Advertisement

On the other hand, I don't know what size of an audience the "dont follow online" stuff makes anymore, especially with a product like AEW that heavily relies on perennially online fans.

Like, as an example, my mother doesn't watch wrestling, doesn't follow wrestling news particuarly....but the story still popped up on her feed a few times over the last week. Especially when you had some places like the Daily Mail covering it (due to it kicking off in the UK).

I'd love to see the stats for how many people watch AEW but stick purely to the on-screen product.

Advertisement