Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,077 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Tvline reported it as well. I would probably consider that a mainstream TV news site.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Yeah with AEW I'm sure it's quite high, but I meant more that like the actual wrestling product hasn't suffered as far as I can tell (suspensions aside). That like whatever Punk was upsetting backstage wasn't affecting what we see on-screen, and that if he hadn't blew up at Tony I'd still enjoy watching him feud with people.

That's just my feeling anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 60,607 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I think part of Punk's issues with the younger members of the roster and some of the older ones especially those who never wrestled for the Fed was they grew up idolizing him and they way he spoke of wrestling and how to be a wrestler and then and older Punk joined AEW and saw these wrestlers actually did everything he wanted to do however they did it on there own terms.

The Elite did it their way and made millions without having to join the Fed and they controlled their own careers.

He just couldn't handle that they didn't need or want his advise.

Cody was right in his final AEW promo when he siad he actually did Punk's Pipe Bomb when all Punk did was talk.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭ThePott

I think the way they debuted him did a disservice. He was fun as a face and his run was decent but the heel turn has done wonders, my favourite thing in AEW at the moment tbh.

Agree absolutely about Punk, both that he still has a lot to offer, even if there was wasted potential in his AEW run a lot of what he did was excellent. Also agree that I'm not sure AEW has the casual fans and their audience are smarks (not meant as an insult) they are online a lot and AEW have often played into that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I more mean all the drama and rubbish that comes with him whether he causes it or not he always seems to be in the middle of it , loved when he came back and was a big fan

Just the backstage stuff once brawl out happened was constant and just never seems to be far around the next corner

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,944 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Interesting match

Roddy vs Trent also announced for the tournament.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,282 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Finally got around to watching All Out, wow that was very enjoyable. I didnt expect much judging from the card but boy they put on some show.

A special mention to Dark Order, I'm so happy these guys finally got a spot light in a big PPV

Best entrance in AEW at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I don't think Punk was bitter, he just walked into a situation with eyes closed. In his head, and to be fair I would imagine in Tony's as well, he was walking into a locker room that he thought wanted him and were waiting for him; in reality he was walking into a locker room that for the most part just viewed him as another vet, there to maintain the status quo.

He got the job description wrong essentially. Wrong fit for the company. All the main players including Punk have to take a share of the blame.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

I really believe Christian should be the one to dethrone MJF!

Hits it out of the park every week!!

• Advertisement

Orange doesn’t have a catchphrase.

Now that he bleeds he needs to go as Blood Orange Cassidy.

Post edited by Agent Coulson on

Will we see a heel turn from Wayne or maybe cheating to beat Darby later?

Joe really deserves this run with MJF and it will also help MJF.

Has Joe lost weight?

That was a fantastic segment

Roddy just cracks me up.

Toni Storm is brilliant with this gimmick.

She's playing the character so well, each week it gets better and better

Oh Hangman vs. Swerve now I’m All In for this.

Hopefully its a decent feud as both need this.

Havent seen a finish like that one before from Darby.

• Advertisement

Another decent show overall after last weeks collision/All Out

• Registered Users Posts: 6,872 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Joe/MJF promo was just fantastic.

I have forgotten about Punk already.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,422 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Chin Up, Tits Out and Watch for the Shoe 😁

I want her to get the title back

Post edited by JP Liz V1 on

Toni Storm is on fire at the moment, her character work is genius

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I'm going out of my way each week to check out her clips. She's nailing the character.

And Swerve/Hangman could be just perfect for what both need. Swerve maybe stumbled a bit over his promo, but the points he was making was spot on. Hangman needs a strong singles feud, and Swerve is the perfect foil. The fact he was allowed say about being the first black AEW champ was interesting too; it puts him into the conversation immediately, and points focus on that lack of diversity at the top of the card that you likely only script a line about if you plan to address it very soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

just having a month build will help it and we wont all be sick of the sight of them before wrestle dream, same for Sami/Jericho match a wrestledream jericho pulls a big one out of the bag sorry kid your not there yet, Sami goes off for his child to be born comes back builds himself up goes over jericho clean and one of the Big Ones

Must be Strong's best work ever and laughed at the Neck Strong shirts

Will Kyle join Neck Strong when he returns from his broken neck surgery.

Yea exactly I just hope they don't rush both Sami/Jericho & Swerve/Hangman for grand slam, give each one time to breath before the pay off matches.

• Advertisement

Ace Steel has been released according to PWInsider.

That is Punk and Steel joining the Speaking Out talent sacked for physical and sexual abuse who were fired and didn't have their contacts naturally run down.

Advertisement