Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86,421 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Kenny Omega vs MJF for the AEW World Heavyweight Championship is set for Collision

Will Jay White or Wardlow interfere?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,348 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Rolling Stones new album out

Ric Flair And Sting in a the same wrestling ring

These things happening in 2023. Life is amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 4,554 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Hahaha I guess enough time has finally passed for Tony to figure people have forgotten Ric is a sex predator….wonder if he has a countdown clock on his desk for people to forget Hogan is a racist and bring him in…..so much for AEWs moral superiority over WWE. Carnys one and all.

interesting timing as well, last time Sting and Flair shared a ring together was in TNA and this week TNA is reborn.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Officer999

Can’t believe they’re giving away MJF Omega on Collision.

That’s a massive PPV main event match

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

No way it doesn't end in a screwy finish, that gives them an excuse to do it further down the line.

The timelines work out for the match now, in terms of the title reign, but I'd guess it will be something short and used to set up programs for the two lads elsewhere for now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 TonySniff

Yeah, I too like when Sex offenders are put on TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Surprised Flair didn't use his mic time to further promote how his daughter is the hottest thing in wrestling today

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Officer999

Oh it definitely ends in a screwy finish.

It just feels MJF is way too over exposed at the minute. For me the Omega confrontation would have felt bigger if he hadn’t been exposed to nearly every talent on the roster last night. He needs to drop the ROH tag titles at least. The defending the titles by yourself gimmick only works when you’re not the actually world champion.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,348 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Always something creepy cool about home invasions in Wrestling. Hangman is going to do a Triple H on Swerves ass

So will Adam Cole be the devil ?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,077 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I can see why WWE don't let wrestlers use their own names. At the moment we have 3 Adams, 2 Max's, 2 Jays, 2 Jeffs and 3 Matts that all get regular appearances on AEW. I know they can't really be confused, though when Sting was referring to Tony, I think he was switching between Khan and Schiavone.

Speaking of names, are they not allowed to use Christian's first name on its own?

I see Luther got a new role anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

2 Pages and 2 Cages too

• Registered Users Posts: 60,601 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

One thing very much stood out for me during the MJF/Omega face off..

Any one else spots it.

A lot of people chasing him now Samoa Joe, Jay White, Kenny Omega, Wardlow.

The Kingdom, Bullet Club Gold & The Acclaimed all also involved in the storyline.

Then of course the Devil. (CM Punk?!?)

And of course Adam Cole.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,282 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I'd hope it isn't him I don't think he should be thrown right into the World Championship consideration straight off the bat.

Let him come in alright and let him have a few months of bangers with guys he has never wrestled before and then get him into a programme for the TNT or International belts first.

Jerry married them

Tony Khan needs to break the bank to sign Will Ospreay!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Crazy kids getting married so young but good luck to them! Julia looked amazing.

Abadon makes a rare appearance just to have a Halloween match. Her card says she's coming off a 17 match winning streak. Think that would mean more if her last TV match wasn't last November. So was strange she won it.

Wonder why they kept referring to Santana by his full name. And Ortiz's shoulder clearly wasn't down, which the ref was in the perfect position to see.

Toni branching out into directing as well.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

That women's match was not great. Lot's of "where am I supposed to be?" from all 4 at several points. Fletcher/Takeshida was good, no surprise there. Santana/Ortiz wasn't bad, real shame that wasn't on a bigger stage. Going by Mike Santana draws a very solid line under Santana and Ortiz I guess. Glad to see they're at least able to do business together and someone should tell Phil Books he'd do well to follow their example.

What a match.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭rodders999

Omega V MJF headlines any PPV in any promotion. Unbelievable that it was given away on Collision….absolute banger.

I'm going to guess Kenny, Joe & Wardlow are going to be MJF's mystery partners for the match against Bullet Club Gold.

The American Dragon will never want to get into a ring with Okada again first a broken arm and now a broken orbital socket

Also should add looks like Ryan Nemeth, Miro & CJ are laying the groundwork to bring in Nick Nemeth

Post edited by Agent Coulson on

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,944 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Fantastic main event, surprised they did a clean finish but fair play to Kenny to take the loss. Was expecting BCG to get involved to lead into an eventual Omega/Jay match.

Is Bryans injury real or kayfabe?

Still convinced that Coles injury isnt as bad as we thought and he's behind the devil mask

• Registered Users Posts: 54,282 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Yes that main event, bloody hell that was awesome

On a side note I'm in 2 minds about Tony Schiavone being play-by-play commentator.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,421 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

As per the latest report by PWInsider, Bryan Danielson's orbital bone being broken is not a part of any storyline, and he would indeed be undergoing surgery

• Registered Users Posts: 4,554 ✭✭✭savemejebus

It's looking like Bryan's eye injury happened during his match with Andrade. So he wrestled the dynamite match with his orbital already broken. Fcuking idiotic sh1tshow of a situation.

Haha half the roster wouldn't have turned up.

Could Toni Storm have a new co-star or rival

• Advertisement

Tony's making an important announcement? I'd like to see the statistics of how many of them were as big as he says they are.

Advertisement