Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,601 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Ric Flair comes back more times then herpes lol Good man Nigel

• Registered Users Posts: 86,416 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Which one is the "Devil" Cole or I assume a returning ambulance driving MJF

Is MJF just kayfabe injured?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,944 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Nah I'd say it's kayfabe injury.

Ive two potential ideas for the main event 1 is just as cole is about to walk down or before the match starts we see mjf driving in with the ambulance, says to Cole he appreciates it but he'll fit, then later in the match the Devil(Cole) costs mjf the title.

Option 2 Cole wins the title similar to the preshow where mjfs music hits to cause a distraction this time.

That was a decent match and surprised of the winner but looking forward to see what they do with Hart as champ.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,416 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Welcome William to AEW

• Advertisement

Official

**** that was a serious Texas Death Match blood fest.

Terry Funk and Dusty would be proud

Swerve is The Man hanging the Hangman to win.

Took awhile to get going but that tag match was great.

Also Texas death match was unreal, surprised hangman lost but they need to push swerve to the top.

MJF really is so good.

Looks like the Devil reveal comes at Worlds End next month then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭Cotts72

I think Cole is the devil, tonight seeds were planted with his appearance etc. plus the obvious non appearance of the devil while cole was present on the show.

Disappointed to see WWE miss out on Ospreay ...would have been a big signing and really elevate whatever show he'd have been on

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Cole is 99% the Devil at this stage. I'm seeing some criticise that the Devil angle didn't progress tonight, but I have a feeling in a few weeks, retrospectively, we will be able to see it did.

Death Match was great. Storm and Hart getting rewarded for their character work is great.

Ospreay and Swerve are two people I'm so excited for, and they both scream main event level players.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,077 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So they were willing to let Cole compete but tried to stop MJF, who seemed to only sell the injury occasionally. Adrenalin can't always be used as an excuse once or twice. Expected Roddy and The Kingdom.

I expected Toni to win since she seems to be the only one of the main event women that has had any story lately. Have they even done anything with Shida? But considering losing to Shida turned her Timeless, the result of another loss would've been interesting to see. Emi did some damage to Toni's chest anyway.

So Skye's new character is just Julia's again? Surprised Julia won but do prefer her over Stat and gives at least one title to HoB considering they didn't win the tag titles.

Happy Orange won since he needed the win over Mox.

Thought Hangman would've won since it was a grudge match, more personal to Hangman.

So what is the point of Flair these days? He has to be one of the most pointless signings. Even Satnam Singh seems less pointless.

Now just waiting to hear that MJF has been arrested for stealing an ambulance.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,348 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Did they reveal who the devil is ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Nope. Looks like they've kicked it down the road to the December PPV which is MJF's hometown.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,348 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

A nice owl Christmas betrayal by Adam Cole and co

So if Darby is taking time off now to train for his climb Everest (which will be in May ) could might miss Stings final match with the training in Asia.

Hopefully he is able to be there for it as it would be a huge shame if he was to miss Stings last match.

On Sting and seeing his son ringside last night I'm surprised he never took up wrestling he is a big dude.

Prince Nana getting his own Nanets dance troupe also had me in stiches last night.

Nana got his dance over and being one of the top merch sellers on Pro Wrestling Tees is just a feel good story for the man who spent 20 years at ROH.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭ThePott

According to the Forbes article; Later this month, Allin will travel to China and then take a 30-hour flight to New Zealand to continue his training. In April, he will attempt to climb Mount Everest, an expedition that will take roughly two and a half months and cause him to miss significant TV time from AEW Dynamite and Collision.

So I assume based on that he'll be back and forth but won't be missing too much time consistently until April, don't think there's any chance he's not there for Sting's last match.

PPV was pretty great with some good results and a few quibbles. I have been a bit checked out from AEW of late so this was me diving back in.

Sting match was decent. Definitely agree that Ric Flair is pointless. Also wonder if having Edge spend so much time with just wrestling Luchasaurus is a waste of potential feuds even though I know building to Christian is the end goal.

Liked Mox and OC but prefered their other matches. Delighted OC went over though. As much as I feel bad for Shida, Toni is the right call. Now please for the love of good make a good feud and story for the women! Still feels like they keep Toni separate from the roster as her gimmick is so radically different. Love her character though.

Tag titles and TBS were good. Surprised Julia won but also happy for her, she's come leaps and bounds and think the TBS championship needs a few different holders and a good feud to make it feel important so hope this is the start. Her and Skye Blue could build to an amazing title feud if done right.

The Death Match. Holy Christ. MOTN by far and also I'm not sure I ever want to see it again. Definitely could do with a break from deathmatches after it. I get people want Hangman to win but I want this to be the launching pad for Swerve to be in the title picture. Think the blood drinking spot was a bit much for me but to each their own.

I have no interest in the Golden Jets but am somewhat interested in TYB being heel again, even though they feel secondary at this point. Match was fine.

Main Event. All that bollocks about injuries and swapping out was dumb, yes it gave us the ambulance moment but I think it was just overbooked bs. Especially the whole argument of why they'd be fine with Adam defending the title on one leg but MJF can't. I'm sure there's a kayfabe argument, still dumb. Match itself was alright. All that stuff made Jay White look bad though. Shame we didn't get development regarding the devil but I'm okay with it as it's probably the biggest hook (no pun intended) AEW have right now even if it seems like it's obviously Cole.

Ospreay is a great signing and hope they make the most of it and he doesn't become just shiny new toy. Definitely feels nailed on that he will win the title at Wembley next year.

Joe needs to win at Worlds End and for me Joe is the perfect choice for a transitional champion he has that aura and is believable and can carry himself as a World Champion and no pro wrestling fan would begrudge Joe getting a run as Champion.

The Devil costs MJF in his hometown and that sets up a hold host of storylines going into 2024.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Really good show, the AEW PPV's always are. Delighted to see Ospreay has signed here and not with WWE!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,781 ✭✭✭hynesie08

This triple crown idea sounds terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,282 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

With Will Ospreay signing on the dotted line, it has me thinking this must be the greatest roster in wrestling ever

You really have to wonder why the WWE decided to fire Swerve he doesn't have a downside in anyway when it comes to being a pro wrestler.

I'm going to have to re-watch Swerve v Hangman again, what an unreal match that was. Has to be the best Death match ever. Best match of the night for me and that Hangman drinking Swerves blood what so gory and boy I was hooked.

Overall AEW blew it out of the park with this PPV, their PPVs are always must watch tv

Post edited by Headshot on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭ThePott

WWE have made some terrible releases in the past.

Firing Swerve for me might be one of the absolute biggest ones they've done. A guy who like you said doesn't have a downside and can work effectively as a face/heel and could be a main event player for years to come. Terrible call. I wonder if they saw the rest of Hit Row and figured he was disposable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

Absolutely wonderful entrance for Christian at Full Gear and the new titantron is just perfect!

The countdown is hilarious and Nigel McGuinness constantly backing him and talking him up is just perfect!!!

10 - Inspirational

9 - Wise

8 - Selfless

7 - Loved

6 - Courageous

5 - Generous

4 - Compassionate

3 - Respected

2 - Sacrificing

1 - Devoted

0 - Father

Christian really is one of the greatest of all time and the best thing in AEW for along time now!

Shout out to Prince Nana, the guy has been brilliant with Swerve and his dance, so good

I loved how he kept rescuing Swerve during the match by dragging him to the ropes

Just watched Swerve vs. Hangman again it is a complete work of art.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I absolutely get why it won't be everyone's cup of tea. Ultra violent stuff doesn't always connect. Personally, I've always loved them, which probably says more about me than the matches, lol

But that "Drinking his blood" spot was something I'd never seen before in 30 odd years of watching wrestling, which was a plesant surprise.

Advertisement