Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,601 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Great to see Two men who put blood, sweat and tears into the wrestling business leave as Champions last night and totally deserved.

Chistian also again proving he really is the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,347 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

The Devil 9 times out of 10 was always going to be Adam Cole but the reveal felt flat. Very doubtful tbh but that could be the end of MJF in AEW

Great seeing Joe getting a top title and the Christian vs Adam Copeland match was great

• Registered Users Posts: 4,844 ✭✭✭kksaints

What was the reaction to Jericho like watching live? I've read he was booed during the match but not during his entrance. One review said that he was booed doing a Le Sex God pose which seems tone deaf considering the rumours yesterday.

Adam Cole as the Devil is a bit unimaginative but probably the safest option.

Great promo vignette by Serena Deeb glad she is back to full health now and ready to go.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

It's better to go with the obvious reveal than a nonsensical swerve for the sake of a swerve and possibly end up in wrestlecrap territory

• Advertisement

AEW and WB Games have signed a partnership deal.

Looks like AEW and WBD are expanding there relationship.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,282 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I'm so happy for Samoa Joe, he probably felt at one point that his career was over with all the injuries but he's turned it around, rejuvenated his career and boy he's killing it at the moment.

This is the best we've ever seen of Joe since the TNA days

• Registered Users Posts: 86,411 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I'd nearly prefer Joe or Roddy as The Devil despite obviously it was going be Cole but what now Joe has the world title

I'd love Christian to have a world title reign, he is just awesome

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭ThePott

Probably the weakest PPV they've had. Wasn't god awful by any means but just a little meh and predictable.

Christian/Edge was pretty great. Not sure what they do next. At a certain point I want to see Edge wrestle other people ffs.

Mox/Kingston was good enough, Kingston winning seemed nailed on and I'm still not entirely sure what the point of this triple crown yoke was.

Main event, again totally fine. Delighted for Joe.

The devil reveal. I agree that better picking a choice that makes sense instead of a random person to swerve everyone. It just didn't feel all that satisfying. Cole is still injured, MJF is now gone. Outside of that we have the Kingdom, who do nothing for me. Wardlow who let's be honest is in a constant state of muscle for factions or struggling mid-carder and Roddy Strong who until recently was incredibly boring, which has me worried cause is he now going to go back to being dull.

I also worry that even with the pay-off not being worth the build that they'll have to drag it out again now with the two main people Cole and MJF being gone. Bit of a mess tbh.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,944 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Just caught up with the PPV, agreed not a bad show but felt the crowd were awful for the majority of the show even MJF's entrance didnt feel as loud as it should have been for his home town crowd. I kind of knew it was going to be Cole when he came to the ring for the match but I do wonder is Coles injury as bad as it looks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54,282 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

It's a real pity about Andrade El Idolo leaving

AEW in general have really been unlucky with the timing of injuries so many storylines have been effected by injuries just as they are about to get going.

Have a feeling Tony is going to sign Kamille, Donna Purrazzo, Hamerstone & Holiday, Ali, Nic Nemeth & Shelton Benjamin of the free agents that are out there now.

I think he will try again for Mercedes too.

Joe still brushing MJF aside all these years later

Edge Adam or Nick or both at fault for botched fire table bomb?

Don’t see it during the show

Super fan Vlad was there

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I loved the ending of Joe vs MJF. You so rarely see the three arm drop actually work anymore, and even the ref selling his shock was great. Joe deserves the flowers, and a pretty clean win was a big deal too. Can’t see him holding it for long. I’d guess Swerve is on track to win it sooner rather than latter. But getting his name into the lineage is great.

thrilled for Eddie getting a big win too. Sadly, I don’t know if he ever gets that moment via a World Title win, so stuff like this is a nice moment.

I feel the Devil reveal was fine, but probably dragged on a month or so too long. Everyone knew it was Cole and the guys. Hopefully now it’s out there, it can progress. Obviously no MJF for a bit, but they’ve got some heat with the likes of Hangman to tide things over for now. And Cole being hurt probably means Wardlow will get a push for a while as his big bad hoss, moving towards a build for MJF vs Wardlow as a roadblock before Cole va MJF.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

The three arm drop was dropped though wasn't it? Danielson I recall defeating Dustin Rhodes with a one arm drop not to long ago.

I seen them do the three arm thing earlier in the night and thought that was weird( may have been Mox and Kingston).

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I find it generally is…

one arm drop - used when a choke out ends a match.

three arm drop - used for tension and for the baby face to have a “not over yet” moment.

in kayfabe, I guess it’s ref discretion. Out of kayfabe, the three arm drop tends to be a story thing, hence why it’s rarely the end.

• Advertisement

AEW was born 5 years ago today in Japan with the announcement of AEW Double or Nothing

MJF is longer listed on the AEW roster

Hammerstone working out in a TNT/TBS ring.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,944 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I really can't see MJF not resigning with AEW especially with the angle on Saturday, They should keep him off TV for a bit to recover from his injury but for kayfabe. Let Cole and the lads do their rivalries with others, but say how MJF hasnt been seen since etc then have him do a big return.

If they are able to drag the rivarly out for the big blow off match with Cole/MJF at All In would be a huge but could be hard.

Pity about Andrade leaving, I know he didnt have the best run but I'd still be worried he will get lost in the shuffle in WWE too after a bit.

Yeah I get why three arm drop is used to enhance a matches story, but surely with other matches ending in the company with a one arm drop , that a legit was to wnd a match? Tap out and pin, are not really open to refs discretion. Just an observation

The MJF thing at this point is just not believable. Khan was smirking and pushing it so hard at the presser, no one is buying it.

It's a dumb story from all sides. It might have worked when WWE wasn't as hot and AEW was and he was a heel. It feels like they've just been stuck with it now but I don't think anyone would have cared if they'd dropped it quietly.

Guessing this is just so Cole can say he chased MJF out of AEW and then he returns and says he signed a new contract, etc. TK can say he won the bidding war that never existed lol.

Bryan Alvarez saying he would be very surprised if Mercedes Mone does not debut on Dynamite this week.

I'd say it's 100% a work taking him off the roster page.

I would love if he sat front row ring side tonight at RAW just for the reaction it would cause.

Full quote "I'm not reporting this because I don't know... I would be very surprised if Mercedes didn't debut on Wednesday"

He must have some confidence to say this but he doesn't seem certain, so the context matters. It does seem like there's others hinting that there is a deal made and it's not WWE.

Although it would line-up with the talk last week that she was expected to show up elsewhere (not WWE) imminently.

The Patriarch

• Advertisement

Christian needs to rename Nick Wayne, Nic Cage

Advertisement