Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

I was at world's end this weekend and what a fantastic ppv start to finish everyone delivered. Yes the reveal was obvious but it was handelled really well and its far better than a swerve for the sake of it.

I was confused as to why jericho was boo'd out of the building as i wasn't aware of the allegations- but it makes sense now.

Also...put all the belts on swerve in 2024 - he is money!!

• Registered Users Posts: 54,280 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I'm loving Timeless Toni Storm at the moment, from her post Worlds End Media Scrum to the below.

Her character work is superb and just so damn funny

Poor old Kota Ibushi he really is having no luck with injuries

Reportedly suffered injuries to both of his ankles and is now hospitalised

• Registered Users Posts: 60,601 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Worked the match that went for 35 minutes with a broken ankle.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,076 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Happy for Joe winning the title but the ending seemed flat, then he didn't even get to celebrate properly because of the Devil reveal and all. I remember saying before about not liking a title change being more about the former champion than the winner. And that's what's happened here, which annoys me, especially with someone like Joe who deserves his moment in the spotlight.

Just hope they make him look good in his reign.

Is Edge now the shortest reigning champion in AEW history?

How is the Continental Classic championship going to be defended, or is it just like the Owen Hart title?

I knew nothing about Andrade or MJF before watching so as far as I was concerned, they could've won.

Oh, and I noticed Johnny TV wasn't eliminated. He didn't go over the top rope.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭ThePott

Hard to feel sympathy for Kota tbh. He went into the match with a broken left ankle and right hand. Should never have been allowed to happen. Wrestlers working through injury in this day and age is stupid. Kota also had the chance to get surgery before but instead 'rehabbed' his injuries, which meant resting but not much else.

He just hasn't been up to much in the ring the last while. Think at this point by the time he gets in the ring again next time he'll be a shadow of himself. It's sad but he's had chances to turn it around and has rarely used common sense.

Nick Hausman will be lucky not to lose his house if Jericho decides to sue him.

The back tracking he is doing today.

He's already a shadow of himself now, his AEW appearances were very poor. I was shocked he got the All Elite banner but I suspect it's a favour to Kenny

Andrade’s goodbye

It doesnt read like a guy who had a fight with the company.....

Sad to see him gone, so many great matches that could've of been :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭SteM

See little point in him signing any of the male free agents on this list tbh. He already has a stacked roster. Look at the list of people Andrade didn't get to work with, talanted people are already getting lost in shuffle.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,944 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Yea its a very professional message which is good to see. Guessing a return at the rumble?

No argument from me here. I still see people here and elsewhere in denial though or saying he's getting 'better'. In all honestly, had you never seen Ibushi outside of AEW you'd be totally confused at why he was signed. Definitely think he's a signing just so they can say they have him. Certainly the Golden Lovers could be a thing but given the health of Omega and Ibushi, doubt we'll ever get it.

I don't think any of these are needed really. Definitely there's already an abundance of male talent now, at a certain point you have to view AEW as full when it comes to the roster.

When it comes to the female talent, those would be good signings and while I think AEW have made some improvements with their female talent lately, I don't think it's still where it could be and whether new talent would really get a spotlight there. I'm tired after every female signing that we hear, now that X is signed, we can turn the division around or they can build the division around X. They should have it figured out by now. Hopefully if Mercedes does go there they get their act together completely.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,170 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Why would he continue to sign ex-WWE guys?

Miro, Keith Lee, Andrade, Malakai Black. All were hyped as "gamechangers" and all have been failures in AEW ranging from mild to massive flop. A half broken down and past his prime Samoa Joe has put the lot of them to shame.

Just build someone like Hobbs. But Khan is a clown and will undoubtedly sign Ziggler.

Swerve vs Daniel Garcia announced for Wednesday night.

That’s a bit tasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I've never seen a more careless level of self sabotage in my life. What a clown.

If you're going to compare someone to Harvey Weinstein, you should already have a serious amount of receipts that can be shared publicly without legal consequences.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Conveniently leaving out ex WWE guys Swerve, Danielson, Christian, Adam Cole and FTR

Disappointed about Andrade just as he was having his best run , Miro hopefully can get back to his best and Malakai should be a gamechanger who knows what went wrong there

Fightful reporting Deonna has been in talks with AEW.

Sign Mercedes & Deonna and with Jamie Hayter due back soon hold a women's tournament similar to the Continental Classic to give the Women's division a new fresh start in 2024.

Plenty of talent to take part.

Block A, Mercedes Mone, Shida, Ruby Soho, Rhio, Serena Debb, Taya Valkyrie, Diamante & Red Velvet.

Block B, Deonna Purrazzo, Nyla Rose, Mariah May, Mercedes Martinez, Jamie Hayter, Britt Barker, Saraya & Thunder Rosa.

Great episode and some great in ring action and Christian continues to be the best in the world.

The American Dragon said in an interview in Japan that when his full time run endslater this year he will still wrestle part time with 5 to 10 matches a year.

So that's works out a good set of dream PPV matches a year.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 86,399 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Did Deonna not work matches before for AEW now she is All Elite

Mox said Marina Shafir will be joining the BCC as their female associate and the whole BCC will be heading back to Japan throughout 2024

"Friend of the Blackpool Combat Club, Marina Shafir. It's a goal of mine to get her out to Japan. She wants a shot in Japan. Bring the best women you got, because that's one of the baddest bitches walking the planet. She will come here representing the BCC.

Blackpool Combat Club has plans in Japan for 2024 and beyond. I want to come back with Bryan Danielson, with Claudio Castagnoli. We want to get our Wheeler Yuta, our young rookie out here and have him test himself, and build himself and prove his mettle."

She was RoH champ while RoH was off the air so when it came back she wrestled a match in AEW to drop the title to Mercedes.

So Harley there to try and lure Cool Hand away from Ruby?

The Continental Crown is just another title then? Are they at least going to stick with the same rules for the title match?

Great to see Roddy has made a full recovery.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,944 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Rush tore his hamstring early in the Continental Classic so is out injured.

For those who watch NJPW on February 11th Will Ospreay’s last match with NJPW before he joins AEW will be a war 5 on 5 in a steal cage No DQ and No Escape

Untied Empire vs Bullet Club War Dogs

This will be NJPW’s first cage match in 20 years.

Great to see Komandor mat wrestle with Yuta and show he is more than a high flyer.

Also this is fantastic.

ITV's rights to Dynamite have expired. They still have Collision and Rampage on ITVX. Wonder if there will be a new deal for this side of the world.

FALSE ALARM - Seems it was still airing last night on ITV and is available on ITVX but their backlog is gone from ITVX.

• Advertisement

Looks like I was right about Harley.

Meant to ask, but what's with the Action Andretti water bottle thing? Is it meant to be intimidating or will everyone just start showing off pointless skills?

Advertisement