Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭SteM

Did she draw since leaving wwe? They need some sort of shot in the arm to get live crowds back. Houses of 2kish for TV shows ain't great although the people showing up are hot at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭wayne040576

I've noticed in recent weeks that it's getting harder for them to hide the dwindling crowd numbers on television. There's only so much those creative camera angles can do.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,075 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Noticed the Bucks changed from their Vince moustaches this week. Hmm, wonder why.

Wardlow seemed to tweak his knee and seemed to think something was very wrong going by how pi$$ed he was.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,601 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

AEW really should cut ties with Flair their is no need for him to be connected to the company in anyway and if it’s a favour to Sting just keep him off TV and just appear at Revolution for the live crowd once the PPV ends.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,277 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Toni Storm is absolutely killing it at the moment, poor old Tazz couldnt keep a straight face

The AEW commentary during the adverts are unreal, case in point:

Tony: We have fun in AEW.

Taz: Yeah, everyday is a holiday.

Tony: Not everyday. I have to go home.

Excalibur: Jon Moxley getting a big win over Jeff Harvey earlier.

Taz: YOU’RE NOT SEAN MOONEY, YOU’RE MIKE ADAMLE! I KNEW IT!

This killed me, Jeff Harvey lol

Poor Tony Schiavone was in stitches laughing

• Advertisement

She hasn't won a match on AEW TV yet however AEW have a star in he making in Queen Aminata.

Swerve just oozes charisma he just has "It" and he can also back it up in the ring,

He needs to beat Hangman and go on and beat Joe at Revolution and then have a good run as World Champion till All In.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Danielson vs Hechicero was so good, exactly what I'm looking for from AEW. I'm loving the CMLL invasion so far, the trios on Dynamite should be great.

Always funny when they announce someone is All Elite and the wrestler acts like it was a surprise. Pretty sure the contract they would've had to sign before the announcement could be made would be a big clue.

But fair play to Bryan Keith. He and Jack Cartwheel had that preshow match at Final Battle and both guys made the most of the shot with both appearing weekly on AEW or RoH since then.

The American Dragon really is getting his World of Sport final run of dream matches in catch, british chain, Lucha & Llave & Japanese Strong Style wrestling opponents and it is so good to see.

I really hope he and Nigel do get to have one last Hurrah in the ring.

It really is crazy to think that The Prodigy Nick Wayne really is only 18.

• Advertisement

That was really enjoyable.

Some moves in that I've never seen before, fantastic stuff

Maybe I missed the reason, but why was Hook in a handicap match?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,944 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I think we are getting either Joe interfering or time limit draw to set up a triple treat at Revolution. If Page loses 3 times in a row it wont help him and if swerve loses it defeats his push imo. Agreed Swerve should take the title from Joe and bring it to All In where him and Osprey have an absolute banger of a match.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,682 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

After already beating Hangman twice, I think Hangman will take this one - but winning it dirty after Swerve refuses help from Nana, leading to a triple threat match at Revolution. Where Swerve takes it by pinning Hangman, setting up a future Swerve V Joe match.

Yeah they’re definitely setting up Hangman winning dirty so that as you both say leads to a 3 way at Revolution for the belt.

Swerve then needs to win and leave as Babyface World Champion.

Hangman turning heel with Nicholas and Mathew then has the Elite as heels for the 6 month run till All In and Kenny’s return.

Am I the only one who thought when Eddie won the Continental Championship that all the belts would merge into the new belt?

Bit ridiculous having 3 belts I think

It would have made a lot more sence if they had used the International Championship as the 3rd belt instead creating the Continental Champion Belt which just confuses everything.

Eddie could defend that on AEW TV, The ROH Title on ROH & The NJPW Strong Title on NJPW TV and he would still be a Triple Crown Champion.

The American Dragon vs. ZSJ 2 takes place this weekend in Japan.

Along with Will Ospreay's last NJPW match the 5 on 5 Steel Cage match under War Games rules.

Here is a man who knows his worth.

A hard thing to do in pro wrestling to know your worth and stick to your principles

Swerve

"It's tough in that organization, WWE, it's really tough creatively when you don't have your hands on your creative, and it's left to the powers that be to maneuver you how they see fit, and that's not easy for anybody..

For me, I was in a place where I knew I needed to be. I needed to be in AEW. When I got the phone call to go back, I didn't even answer it. It was, 'Nope'."

WBD are joining with Disney and Fox to make a new sports streaming platform in the US.

Could be a big deal for AEW if they get put on it.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭ThePott

Yeah, probably what Tony's announcement is going to be tonight.

Giving her a themed show like Punk will be the biggest indicator yet of her star power.

Gotta hand it to AEW though, their women's division and booking has come on leaps and bounds since Full Gear. Hopefully this only adds to it.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,944 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Subtle hints for Mercedes with the use of Bo$$ton

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭Cotts72

I don't see her doing anything to elevate the division, AEW and Khan just constantly find new toys and move on.. Saraya being a prime example

• Registered Users Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Cracking episode of Dynamite, Hangman/Swerve was excellent again and delighted to see Darby and Sting get the belts.

Also loving the heel turn from Matthew and Nicholas, the white suits and the EVP Trigger worked well. Revolution should be great.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Hangman and Swerve just have such amazing chemistry together. They are just perfect foils to each other, on the mic, in the ring....just perfect as a duo.

Looks like The American Dragon is going to get his another dream fulfilled and a chance to wrestle in Arena Mexico now with the CMLL/BCC war.

I could watch Swerve and Hangman every week.

Delighted for Sting to get the belts with Darby and  Nicholas & Matthew in the bloody white suits was a great visual to close the show on.

Big Bill and Ricky did a great job with Sting.

Rocky really is the unsung hero for the wrestling fan doing all the hard work behind the scences getting NJPW & CMLL invloved with AEW.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Hopefully Tony S doesn't start shouting "It's boss time!", though I'd probably be ok with them doing it once as a rib.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,169 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Didn't she change her nickname to "The CEO" anyway?

• Advertisement

The imagery at the end with the white suits drenched in blood, so so good

and I love the rename to "EVP Trigger" popped me

Revolution is turning into potentially the best ever PPV, what a card so far

Advertisement