Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54,277 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

This was unreal. What a Big Boss Slam

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Probably needs to change it back again given recent events with another wrestling CEO.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,075 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Although we know what the real announcement was, what he actually announced was just yet another named episode Dynamite, like many other weeks. He really does like to hype nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

Swerve is a superstar!How WWE didn't push him to the moon is beyond me!

Just has it!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Nah, he basically confirmed the signing of one of the biggest free agents on the marker right now. They’ve done the same as they did for Punk, where they’ve held off the final bit of the announcement to create some hype. But confirming the signing of one of the most popular women’s division competitors of the last decade is a fairly big deal for AEW.

Just finished Dynamite now. That was a tremendous show. Really enjoyed it from start to finish. Matthew and Nicholas were perfect dirty rotten heels.

Oh I know he was indirectly announcing it but while Punk was announced by announcing a new show for Saturdays, Mercedes just gets a special episode.

Maybe AEW will be the time when I finally see why people are so fond of her.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,601 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

CMLL. vs. BCC continues Saturday night.

Toni Storm vs. Queen Aminata should be a banger.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,944 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I understand not everyone likes the Young Bucks which is totally fine but I also feel there is nothing they can do that wont get criticized for. I genuinely think people feel they politicked to get into Stings last match to win the titles again when most people agree that Sting clearly chose them.

This will be a great build up and fantastic match as the Bucks will be able to carry Sting and take care of him throughout the match, and as mentioned the blood on the white suits at the end of the show was great visual.

Apart from that it was a great Dynamite, Hangman/Swerve have such fantastic chemistry and liking that we might be getting a heel Page and face/tweener Swerve, that 3 way at Revolution will be class.

I'm enjoying the CMLL/BCC thing but I feel CMLL need to get at least one big win against the BCC and not lose every match. They are definately improving on getting the women on tv more and of course Toni is killing her gimmick right now.

I do feel the Undisputed Kingdom are kinda just floating around since Worlds Collide and need some big feud until MJF's return.

• Advertisement

Swerve is so over that it's hard to keep him fully heel. I could see Hangman as an angry heel. I love Joe too so I'm looking forward to that one big time.

It would be some change to see the companies biggest baby face in Hangman going heel but I could imagine him being art of the EVP

Going by the end of the match, he's already turning heel. Refusing to carry on a match is a heel move while wanting to continue is the face move.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,169 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Nothing wrong with hyping something but I don't know why Khan does these announcements himself. He is painfully awkward and cringe and you can see his eyes darting along while "reading...the...autocue." It can't be to bump ratings either because "Tony Khan has an announcement!" is basically a meme now.

They've got Schiavone or Renee who can do that stuff professionally. Use them.

Andrew Zarian said AEW will run a stadium show in the US this year.

Agreed he's really unnatural at reading it. Even if they had him speaking to Renee it'd be more natural.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

Matthew And Nicholas Jackson!! 💪💪💪

"Call us by our given names, Matthew and Nicholas Jackson" *Checks wikipedia* But their names are Matthew and Nicholas Massie.

So are they winning the titles or will Sting and Darby win with them either vacating the titles or Darby getting a new partner?

Seeing the women staring at each other at the end reminded me that they still don't have women's tag titles.

They're such Kendalls.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭wayne040576

At the end of the main event on Dynamite, Ricky hesitated to spear Sting and the announcers seemed to dwell on it quite a bit.

I wonder if they'll use that to start a feud between Bill and Ricky with Bill blaming him for costing them the titles. Or if they'll just continue as a tag team.

Oh Hell Yeah! FTR vs. The BCC give it to me now.

Think Edge needs to work on his contract negotiation skills if he only gets paid when he wins a match. Always funny when wrestlers who we can be sure are on big money use lines like that.

And they really need to learn how to use the volume control. The crowd was nearly drowning out the interview with Eddie.

Speaking of Eddie, was the "Yes No" that showed up during the interview to do with Bryan? Seems to be some confusion online as to what's on the line. Is it just the Continental title or all 3? It says the Continental Crown which seems to be another way of saying the Triple Crown. I'd say Eddie will win.

So with Revolution on March 3rd and Big Business on the 13th, will they tease Mercedes during the week in between?

All reports tonight that Okada has signed for AEW.

That will be Okada, Ospreay & Mone joining the roster in the coming weeks.

Kind of disappointed cause I feel Okada to WWE would have been a fresher direction for him.

But it's a brilliant addition to AEW, and their top of their card is so insanely stacked now. Just hope it doesn't derail Swerve's push, cause he deserves a title run soon.

What a roster, bloody hell

Hope we get more of these from Renee a nice serious chat to go with the fun chats from RJ.

A great chat with Queen Aminata.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Delighted he's not going to wwe, would have been awful. Give me Okada vs Mox, Penta, Orange and many more please TK.

I hope the heel Bucks take the credit for bringing him in.

Rocky Romero is now part of the AEW front office.

A very smart hire.

• Advertisement

Oh this will be fun

Advertisement